Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-21-2019, 04:00 PM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by stever88 View Post
No Disrespect meant or intended ... But if you are serious about carrying a firearm then you should also be responsible enough to know where to obtain information on the legal requirements.

I agree, Steve.

It's not easy to find all the information one needs, but until we get reciprocal agreements similar to those for driver's licenses gun owners need to check every jurisdiction every time they travel there.

By the way: Nice line-up, but you look a little low. (I don't see your AOA.)
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-21-2019, 04:16 PM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertkathy View Post
so since we are going full time and our first trip will be 6400 miles and 24 states what is the rules for handguns.

Keep it locked up unless you are in a situation (Walmart, truck stop) where you think you might need it. My Florida CWP is valid in 40 states but I don't worry if I'm in one of the states without reciprocity, I just keep it lcoked up and don't talk about it with anyone.
Old 04-21-2019, 04:17 PM   #59

Avoid California - even if you don't have a hand gun.
Old 04-21-2019, 04:23 PM   #60

Save time and trouble, take a shotgun. Most intruders will run when they hear the pump.
Old 04-21-2019, 04:36 PM   #61

Arizona allows open carry 24/7 as long as you are not a felon. And unless a business has posted no firearms allowed you can walk into a store with one.
Old 04-21-2019, 04:36 PM   #62

Not smart to warn them with “hearing the pump” and alerting them to your location. Better to be ready to take care of business when it’s time to take care of business.
Old 04-21-2019, 04:45 PM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by stever88 View Post
No Disrespect meant or intended ... But if you are serious about carrying a firearm then you should also be responsible enough to know where to obtain information on the legal requirements.
that is kind of a troll statement if you have made the time to read that laws change by the minute, and cops don't always know or care what their state's laws are.

this thread is about personal protection, and not about how personally responsible those who feel safer having protection are...when, in fact, responsibility and your statement about knowledge are different things altogether.
Old 04-21-2019, 04:46 PM   #64

You'll never see me in NJ or anywhere in NE. Oh, or the left coast. I'll never go where states are unfriendly to the 2A. Plenty of other places to carry my gun.
Old 04-21-2019, 05:02 PM   #65

The first "rule" is that you don't seek legal advice on firearms law from an internet forum devoted to RVing. This is a great site, but not for that purpose. Laws vary widely across the country, laws change frequently, and circumstances vary by individual. I'd venture to say that no one on this site can fully answer your question based on the information you provided.
Old 04-21-2019, 05:19 PM   #66

No State considers a motor vehicle (whether you reside in it or not) to be a dwelling. This is a common misconception amongst clients that I drive in a Prevost entertainer coach who think that a door separating the driver area from the rest of the coach is sufficient to prohibit entry... IT'S NOT and has been settled more than once in a courtroom.
Old 04-21-2019, 05:19 PM   #67

AMEN... Glad I read this before I replied!!!
Old 04-21-2019, 05:25 PM   #68

I solved the gun question by not carrying it when I'm traveling in the RV. I have pepper spray, several stun guns and a fish bat. And a German Shepherd. I think I'm covered. It's just too complicated to do with multi-state travel.
Old 04-21-2019, 05:25 PM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonshine94 View Post
The first "rule" is that you don't seek legal advice on firearms law from an internet forum devoted to RVing. This is a great site, but not for that purpose. Laws vary widely across the country, laws change frequently, and circumstances vary by individual. I'd venture to say that no one on this site can fully answer your question based on the information you provided.
You can guarantee that NO attorney would waste their time answering the OP because....as we less-than-experts have said, the laws are fluid and stupid.

No ask, no tell, lie if you need to, because unless you have recently done a felony, they can't toss your coach... If you tell the truth and admit to carrying, the good guys become the bad guys and confiscate/impound/imprison. Don't let the bad guys (those wearing black or sometimes blue) win the day. Be cool.
Old 04-21-2019, 05:26 PM   #70

There's an App for that!

Look for the Legal Heat app.
Closed Thread

Tags
fulltime