Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-12-2018, 04:16 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapid rick View Post
One of the main reasons we purchased a motor home is so that we do not have to use public showers/bathrooms, and same goes for sleeping in our own bed, that combo is the cats meow IMHO.
I'm surprised at the unhelpful answers the OP is getting. These opinions aren't what she's asking so no need to give them.

OP: Perhaps a small waterproof duffle-bag type. You might also notice what guys are carrying when exiting the shower. Probably wet clothes!
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-12-2018, 04:25 PM   #16

Dcbenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 04:27 PM   #17

When we got our first pop up. some friends of ours got us these for going to the bath house. https://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/7388...age.recsbottom
They work great for carrying travel sized soap and shampoo.
Of course, we haven't used them in the last 16 months since we bought our TT!
Old 11-12-2018, 04:31 PM   #18

Excel Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
If I use a public shower at all, I'll check it out ahead of time to see if it has reasonable hooks, seats etc. Then I carry what I need rolled up in a towel, very simple. I don't take anything to the showers more than I require.

Its very rare that I use a public shower.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
rarebear.nm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 05:40 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvette85 View Post
As said I want to use my own shower,sleep in my own bed on my own linen.One of the big reasons we bought our MH.
Me too
rvethereyet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 07:22 PM   #20

I've used a toolbag.... Black & Decker if I recall... when we boated and had a wet head. I preferred marina showers w more room.
Large enough for shower gear & clean undies. Towel on outside between strap handles.
No girlie stuff in the mens shower please
Winemaker2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 07:25 PM   #21

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We split our times at the CG bath house and the fiver. Longer showers once in a while are the bee's knees's.

I hand carry the soap and shampoo, wrap the towel around my neck. Change of clothes in any bag with a handle I can find....Since day one, during my time in service, and today.

At least I know who pee'd in my shower!
egwilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 06:03 AM   #22

Fleetwood Owners Club
Smile Thank you, all!

Thank you, everyone, for your helpful....and comical!......responses! Yes, we've had the nice toiletry bags from L.L.Bean for many years and LOVE them. I carry my toiletry bag, umbrella, hairspray, hair dryer, mirror, brush, etc. in my green plastic shower basket/pail.

However, many times we are getting up at 4:00 a.m. or 5:00 a.m. to get on the road......or to head into Disneyworld at "the rope drop" with our entire family, so one of us uses the motorhome shower, and one of us heads to the campground shower. I was always the one to head to the campground shower because I don't like using my hairspray inside the motorhome. However, since I now struggle to walk distances due to my injury, my wonderful husband uses the campground showers when we're in a rush. Also, we tend to camp at State Parks on occasion, and must conserve water for the week since these parks are electric only. I'd rather use the public shower and save the water for dishes, toilet, etc......and not fill up the gray tank during the first two or three days. We had "vintage" trailers for years and became accustomed to the public showers. Of course, we all know NEVER to step foot in one without your flip flops!

As far as the "umbrella" in my shower basket/pail goes.....there have been MANY times during the past 42 years where I've walked into the shower in the early morning, only to walk out to a rain storm. After being clean and DRY, I have no intention of walking (or driving my small, pink wheelchair) all the way back to the motorhome in the rain. And "waiting it out" isn't always an option due to time or location.

My husband usually just rolls up his towel and takes his toiletry bag to the shower. The only problem comes when there aren't hooks or a dry shelf to put his clothes on as he takes them off...…...or when the weather is cold and he's has more clothes to remove than space to accommodate. THIS is why we're looking for options for him, similar to mine.....but more masculine. No, he wouldn't be caught DEAD carrying something like I carry. Again, thank you for your ideas and comments. We've enjoyed them.
Born2RV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 07:24 AM   #23

Sooooo, it seems the OP is one of those weirdo morning bathers!

Just kidding of course.

For our annual 10 day spring break, we go to a campground that doesn't have full hook ups. Normally campground showers are out but on longer trips like these, I sometimes bite the bullet and use the campground shower to keep from filling the gray tank too fast. It saves me from having to pull up stakes every few days to go empty the tank.

Luckily we camp on a loop that has only 10 campsites and is away from the rest of the campground so the bath facilities tend to stay cleaner than the others. Problem is, there is no bench, shelf, or anything in place to put my bathing stuff on. There are hooks, and what works best for me is a small soft cooler. Mine has a strap that allows it to hang on the hooks. Not perfect but it does the trick for me. If he was interested, I'd imagine the OP's husband could even find one that has something he likes on it such as a brand or favorite sports team logo.
Old 11-13-2018, 03:57 PM   #24

Tiffin Owners Club
We use one of the plastic dorm-style totes that came from Walmart a few years ago. Bought it at the store, so no internet link to it. Sorry. Holds everything we need, like shampoo, soap bars, etc. BUT, it isn't used to go to the CG shower house, instead, when we are buttoning up the coach to travel, we move all the stuff in the shower into the tote and leave it on the floor of the shower. Keeps stuff from flying around.

Regards.

Chuck
Old 11-13-2018, 04:36 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapid rick View Post
One of the main reasons we purchased a motor home is so that we do not have to use public showers/bathrooms, and same goes for sleeping in our own bed, that combo is the cats meow IMHO.
yep
rvethereyet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 04:55 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Perrin View Post
When we got our first pop up. some friends of ours got us these for going to the bath house. https://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/7388...age.recsbottom
They work great for carrying travel sized soap and shampoo.
Of course, we haven't used them in the last 16 months since we bought our TT!

I used to have one of those many years ago and loved it.
Old 11-14-2018, 10:03 AM   #27

Wear yesterdays clothes to the shower.
Liquid dual head and body soap.
Toothbrush and toothpaste in pocket.
Towel over shoulder.
I have a beard so no need to shave.
Change to new clothes when back at the MH.

Most campground showers are acceptable.
Have a 22' class B+ that doesn't have huge tanks.
Mostly stay at areas that don't have sewer hookups so using campground showers reduces dumping frequency.

Stayed at a place off of I75 in Kentucky last fall.
Dirtiest nasty bathroom/shower I have ever seen.
After scoping it out, went back an suggested to wife unit that we will take showers in the MH in the morning
Old 11-14-2018, 10:22 AM   #28

How about a small backpack? Most of them come with a handle and straps.

Most have multiple compartments
glwinger is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
shower