Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-25-2016, 09:54 AM   #15
YC1

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trich View Post
Thanks pasdad1, the search engine for this site........guess I haven't figured it out yet!
Welcome to the best RV forum ever.

The search function is very easy now. The original one shown in the picture in the bottom right is basically useless. The little google box really works well.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Search function.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	116.0 KB
ID:	137095  

Aluminator tow bar, Demco base plate
YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-25-2016, 10:05 AM   #16

Thank you all for the post, gadgets can be useful for safely operating our rigs and also be fun when not driving. I have to leave the gadgets alone when driving or I may not make it to my destination. But after stopped I like them.

Old 08-25-2016, 10:09 AM   #17

I'm sure Pasdad doesn't swat too many flies with his zapper while driving but may be better at multi-tasking than I am.😊
Old 08-26-2016, 01:51 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bigmess View Post
Stop buying stuff and go somewhere quiet, isolated, and beautiful. Get in touch with what you have, not what you don't have. Come back when you have to dump your sewage tanks. Repeat until desired effect is achieved. You're welcome.
What are you, some kind of hippie?!?
tdst51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 09:15 AM   #19

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I wear clothes, shoes, bathe, don't wear patchouli oil and don't smoke dope, so I don't think I qualify.

But maybe there is a class I can take at the local community college or university extension office?

*(The above stereotypes are often not stereotypical at all. If you're a hippy and offended by this stereotyping, maybe you aren't hippying right. Your hippying may vary, results not typical, past performance is not an indicator of future performance, consult your doctor if you sit in your RV for more than four hours on a beautiful day, because you should just go outside instead)
Old 08-26-2016, 09:22 AM   #20

I found one of these at a garage sale. Amazing, I hit the thingy on top, and the DW comes and brings me whatever I ask for!

https://www.restaurantsupply.com/win...Vw0aAszL8P8HAQ
Old 08-26-2016, 11:21 AM   #21

If I ever dinged that bell I'd be doing the "long walk, short pier" thing.
Old 08-26-2016, 12:13 PM   #22

I am a semi hippie! I worked hard for 40 years and now being retired I can buy any toys and gadgets I want or need.....so I will thank you😎
Old 08-26-2016, 12:34 PM   #23

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I don't know about "gadgets", except for a CB radio in case you get stuck somewhere where there's no cell service.

But, as far as incidentals go, I would recommend kitchen ware (the same stuff you use at home) such as a coffee-maker, toaster, pots, pans, dishes, silverware, etc. For outside, lounge chairs, small table/tray and a barbecue.

For the bath, the usual such as towels, washcloths, soap, shampoo, toothbrushes & toothpaste, a hair dryer (for the DW), comb & brush, etc.

And, a good flashlight!

Enjoy your travels!
Old 08-26-2016, 12:52 PM   #24

A good quality headlamp is very handy to have.
Old 08-27-2016, 12:38 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bigmess View Post
I wear clothes, shoes, bathe, don't wear patchouli oil and don't smoke dope, so I don't think I qualify.

But maybe there is a class I can take at the local community college or university extension office?

*(The above stereotypes are often not stereotypical at all. If you're a hippy and offended by this stereotyping, maybe you aren't hippying right. Your hippying may vary, results not typical, past performance is not an indicator of future performance, consult your doctor if you sit in your RV for more than four hours on a beautiful day, because you should just go outside instead)
Glad to see you have a good sense of humor! Sometimes my warped sense of humor pi$$es people off, but not this time!
tdst51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 03:50 AM   #26

From what I've been thru the last four years I just want to stay happy for awhile and learn as much and quickly as possible.

I did see a video on Facebook the other day that had a nice little foot operated washing machine. Didn't take up much room and seemed to work well.
Now that's a neat gadget! !!!!
Old 08-27-2016, 04:05 AM   #27

No problem it's tough being lonely.

On the brighter side, check out this foot powered washing machine!
http://www.digitaltrends.com/home/th...-machine/#/1-4
Old 08-27-2016, 09:14 AM   #28

Outdoors RV Owners Club
That is a pretty good idea, but the same end result can be had with a five gallon bucket, a lid for it, and a modified plunger, and probably a lot less money.

Washing Machine | Five Gallon Ideas