Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 08-09-2011, 10:02 PM   #15
Is America going to wake up ever-about gas price controls? The solution is so simple but carrying it out is impossible because someone sleeps at the gas pumps.
Lower the stupid prices, give us confidence to spread the money around, and cut this G-R-E-E-D. Get rid of speculators. Lower prices, but then you cannot fix stupid as they say.

Wayne MD is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-10-2011, 09:10 AM   #16
News flash-----------Oil companies post biggest profit ever.

It's all supply and demand folks.

melvonnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 04:20 PM   #17
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
When CEO's of oil companies are get million dollar bonuses, to me that is just greed.

I did pay $3.66 a gallon for diesel Monday. But then I remember when it was less than $2 a gallon and wish it were back to that pricing structure. Oh well!
Wayne MSGT USMC (Ret) & Earlene (CinCHouse)
2008 Winnebago Destination 39W
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 04:56 PM   #18

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
When CEO's of oil companies are get million dollar bonuses, to me that is just greed.
I wonder how the Bank of America share holders felt when they (the shareholders) were loosing their pants while the BofA CEO was getting a hefty bonus. I for one felt very good with my dividend from ExxonMobil and thanked the CEO and board for making prudent business decisions even with the government trying to foil them at every turn. And they didn't need a handout to do it either. I love capitalizism. BTW...we bought 2, .5 liter bottles of water for $6.00 and we complain about $4.00 fuel, hmmmm.
Jim with Judy
08 38' Bounder DP
Toads: 08 Jeep Wrangler Sport; 11 Chevy Malibu
Elkhartjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 04:58 PM   #19
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Originally Posted by mccsix View Post
Up like a rock, down like a feather. Our elected reps don't have a clue as to the real impact of continued high gas prices on the economy and jobs. They keep to that old tired saw about the stock market (legalized gambling) and European markets.
If gas dropped back to 1.90 gal you would see everything turn around...housing, jobs and the market....just my .02.
I've been saying this since the 2008 recession, but nobody believes me! High fuel costs impact everything. If a business owner has to choose between putting gas in his trucks or hiring additional help, guess who loses? And I don't think this has anything at all to do with supply and demand. Its sheer greed, plain and simple.
Burns & Diane
2005 Winnebago Aspect 26A/2012 Subaru Impreza toad
Illinois! - Where the politicians make the license plates......
baraff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 05:21 PM   #20
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I love capitalizism. BTW...we bought 2, .5 liter bottles of water for $6.00 and we complain about $4.00 fuel, hmmmm.

Elkhartjim, all I can say is if you gave six bucks for two 1/2 liter bottles of water, they must have had something good mixed in with the water, ( JD maybe?) or......you were mighty thirsty. I buy a case of thirty at Costco for under 5 dollars.

dieselclacker is offline   Reply With Quote

diesel, gas