Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-04-2017, 09:21 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by A32Deuce View Post
Two weeks ago I crossed the tunnel bridge from Virginia beach to the Delmarva peninsula. First thing they asked was if my propane was off! I had pulled over ahead of time. Mountain tunnels have never seen any signs at all.
When you said it was off, did they visually verify it was off by actually inspecting your RV?
awol50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-04-2017, 09:22 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by awol50 View Post
When you said it was off, did they visually verify it was off by actually inspecting your RV?
Not picker are we not!
A32Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 09:24 AM   #45

Just wondering.
Old 11-04-2017, 09:29 AM   #46

Quote:
Just wondering.
Being from out of State, I don't antagonize toll takers just to have a one on one with the cops. Now if you,or anyone else wants to just,to make a point, then be my guest!
Old 11-04-2017, 09:45 AM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by A32Deuce View Post
Being from out of State, I don't antagonize toll takers just to have a one on one with the cops. Now if you,or anyone else wants to just,to make a point, then be my guest!
I will take your answer to mean they don't verify. Thanks.
Old 11-04-2017, 09:57 AM   #48

Quote:
How you came to that conclusion beats the check out of me! But, if you want to try and see if they do, leave it on and go for it.
Old 11-04-2017, 10:48 AM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmw188 View Post
Slope up or slope down depends which way your heading?

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
Think it through. There are two ways to build a tunnel. The places that worry go under something so the low spot is the middle of the tunnel. Propane being heavier than air would collect there. The rest of the tunnels go through something so sloping them will cause the propane to flow out the low end. No collection point, no reason to worry about build up. Better ventilation as a side benefit. ;-)
nothermark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 11:22 AM   #50

Quote:
Winemaker2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 12:52 PM   #51

Gee whiz and holy mackerel, this discussion reminds me of Play by William Shakespeare called Much Ado About Nothing! I mean if a public and or private facility you are going to use has a rule that indicates you must turn off propane before you have permission to use it, you have a choice. Either comply or find another way to your destination. Failure to comply is no less than theft of services. Now if you own the facility, you can do whatever the heck you want. This is a civilized society where we either comply with lawful laws, regulations or rules, OR we work to change those laws, regulations or rules. There can be no middle ground.

Some of the responses remind me of a child in the throws of the "terrible two's" when they say "NO!, I'm not going to do it and you can't make me!". That response always resulted in a swat on the heine back in my day!
2006 Fleetwood Discovery 35H, 2014 Honda CR-V, M&G Engineering Braking System
Bigd9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 01:15 PM   #52

I used to shut the gas off years ago, but haven't bothered in the last 10 years, I just leave it on. It's like taking the chances of getting hit by lightening, pretty low. I would stop and turn off the gas or drive another route if the law stated no propane in tunnel. I delivered propane gas to residential for a couple of years and still find it hard to not stop at RR crossings, it gets ingrained in your habits.
grindstone01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 01:38 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigd9 View Post
Gee whiz and holy mackerel, this discussion reminds me of Play by William Shakespeare called Much Ado About Nothing! I mean if a public and or private facility you are going to use has a rule that indicates you must turn off propane before you have permission to use it, you have a choice. Either comply or find another way to your destination. Failure to comply is no less than theft of services. Now if you own the facility, you can do whatever the heck you want. This is a civilized society where we either comply with lawful laws, regulations or rules, OR we work to change those laws, regulations or rules. There can be no middle ground.

Some of the responses remind me of a child in the throws of the "terrible two's" when they say "NO!, I'm not going to do it and you can't make me!". That response always resulted in a swat on the heine back in my day!
Or you can do what you want and I will do as I want.
Old 11-04-2017, 01:46 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigd9 View Post

Quote:
Or you can do what you want and I will do as I want.
Just proved Bigd9's point
Old-Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 02:01 PM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old-Biscuit View Post
Just proved Bigd9's point
What is his point? If you can't win an argument, throw out veiled insults?
Old 11-04-2017, 02:19 PM   #56

Wish a moderator would shut this thread off.
It's a dead horse... stop it
Winemaker2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gas