Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-17-2015, 08:32 AM   #1

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Gasoline price

I, like most folks, am very glad to see the price of gasoline at $2.00 per gallon. However, we need to stop hoping it will go lower. Everyone involved in the industry needs to earn a decent living, and if they are making money at current prices, The price should stop at that point. I am not now nor ever was associated with the industry in any way. Just an observation and opinion. While on the soapbox, I want to beg any reader with the right influence to get the 9/10 removed from all gasoline signs! That is a pet peeve of mine.

Grey Ghost I is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-17-2015, 10:10 AM   #2

Jayco Owners Club
I'm with you on the 9/10. Crude oil price manipulation is over my head.

Old 01-17-2015, 10:43 AM   #3

National RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey Ghost I View Post
I, like most folks, am very glad to see the price of gasoline at $2.00 per gallon. However, we need to stop hoping it will go lower. Everyone involved in the industry needs to earn a decent living, and if they are making money at current prices, The price should stop at that point. I am not now nor ever was associated with the industry in any way. Just an observation and opinion. While on the soapbox, I want to beg any reader with the right influence to get the 9/10 removed from all gasoline signs! That is a pet peeve of mine.
Without knowing just how much money is being made per gallon is the question.
wb7auk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 01:49 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
If you Google "why are gas prices so low" you'll get a lot of interesting results. The consensus seems to be that the OPEC countries are being hammered in the USA by the domestic oil companies because of the high production levels due to fracking. If the trend continued the USA would be completely independent of foreign oil within a few years. But fracking costs are higher and at these low prices those American and Canadian companies will either stop producing or go out of business all together. So sadly, higher fuel prices were in our best interest. Just stating what I've read.
Old 01-17-2015, 02:01 PM   #5

National RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon190 View Post
If you Google "why are gas prices so low" you'll get a lot of interesting results. The consensus seems to be that the OPEC countries are being hammered in the USA by the domestic oil companies because of the high production levels due to fracking. If the trend continued the USA would be completely independent of foreign oil within a few years. But fracking costs are higher and at these low prices those American and Canadian companies will either stop producing or go out of business all together. So sadly, higher fuel prices were in our best interest. Just stating what I've read.
Only if you are ok with the OPEC countries dictating to us.
wb7auk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 02:06 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
I am not sure "Fracking" has anything to do with this........Frackuring a well, is the process of making the stages/vanes of a oil well........
The problem is that the Shale driller's in the Dakota's, flooded the American market and others with not only crude, but also finished products that we refined and exported.....slowing the crude market. Now with OPEC not wanting to lower their sales/production of 30 million bpd, the price of crude has been driven down to where it is today, and OPEC's strategy is to force the USA shale driller's out of business......or slow them down, which is working, One member on here was going to travel 1700 miles to go get his grandson that was working up there in the oil Fields, and got laid off.........Most of the oil folk's around my area have slowed pumping their wells, letting the oil just sit in the ground......waiting with interest on what is going to happen????? Also slowed the folks to the north of us with the "Oil Sands" , as there is a added expense to remove the sand from the oil......before pipelining the oil........ now with the oil prices so low....?
Old 01-17-2015, 04:38 PM   #7

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
See what I mean? The price should not go any lower.
Old 01-17-2015, 07:52 PM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey Ghost I View Post
See what I mean? The price should not go any lower.
Exactly. And if the USA becomes energy independent, the prices will over time naturally begin to reduce again. That's the American way!
Old 01-17-2015, 09:18 PM   #9

Yes all this above is true but do more research and see who is buying most of the oil from the boys up north. The big oil countries are getting more than anyone else. They are building up their stock piles for the time they drive all of our producers out of business.
Old 01-18-2015, 07:02 AM   #10

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garymac View Post
Yes all this above is true but do more research and see who is buying most of the oil from the boys up north. The big oil countries are getting more than anyone else. They are building up their stock piles for the time they drive all of our producers out of business.
To counter that possibility, we need to build our own reserves to a greater level than we have ever had. We have drawn our reserves down to a dangerous level at least twice in fairly recent memory. At present, we have temporarily forgotten about alternatives such as hydrogen, solar and here is a goodie for you: Steam engines for over the road truckers and construction equipment. For those of you who are rolling in the floor laughing, consider that ocean liners and trains were propelled by steam. We now have technology to use a recycled liquid and overcome the other few shortcomings of the steam engine. Well, that's my dimes worth.

Tags
gas