Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-07-2014, 07:13 PM   #1

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Gasser Friendly Stations

I haven't found any sources of gasser friendly fuel stations with long pull throughs so I thought I would add one that I went to recently. Feel free to add any you come across. I'm planning on creating a log with them. I'm specifically looking for truck lanes with regular gas in addition to the diesel.

Indiana I-75 Exit 34 just north of Indianapolis. Truck lanes with gas and diesel.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-07-2014, 07:16 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savannahdan View Post
I'm specifically looking for truck lanes with regular gas in addition to the diesel.
I haven't found one in the last 8 years.

UFO Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 07:18 PM   #3

Subscribed. Maybe all who find these stations could post the locations. I haven't found any either in 2 years but I haven't looked real hard.
Cobra1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 07:35 PM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savannahdan View Post
I haven't found any sources of gasser friendly fuel stations with long pull throughs so I thought I would add one that I went to recently. Feel free to add any you come across. I'm planning on creating a log with them. I'm specifically looking for truck lanes with regular gas in addition to the diesel.

Indiana I-75 Exit 34 just north of Indianapolis. Truck lanes with gas and diesel.
I-75 doesn't go through Indiana. Is it I-65?
Old 07-07-2014, 07:40 PM   #5

In 17 years of RVing I have found only a handful of gas stations that couldn't handle a 39' gasser with a toad (or a 43' DP with a toad). Remember all of these gas stations need to "get" gas and that means having long double tanker trailers pulling in and pulling out so there is usually plenty of room to maneuver. Besides if you are really trepidatious about the station you are about to enter, use the one on the other corner.
StevenNSteph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 08:26 PM   #6

LA Gulf Coast Campers
Several Pilot/Flying J stations have the RV lanes for gassers. Some are real easy to get in and out... some are just ok.... but, you can fill up at them. They have an app for your phone ( My Pilot) to help you search for the ones with RV lanes.

Also, I take a look at different stations along my route using Google Earth with their street view. I use this data to plan my stops along the way.

Sometimes I just get lucky and find a station that has access. :-)
RussM311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 07:40 AM   #7

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Indiana I-74 Exit 34 just north of Indianapolis. Truck lanes with gas and diesel. I guess my finger bumped to the right when typing. Oops.

I thought about the fuel truck thing and started to look for the place they fill. It is normally in a clearing, parallel to the building where the cars enter and exit not near the pumps. We drive by of stations assessing which ones are reasonable. I've been through a few with gas at the truck lanes but didn't write them down and thought I would start. Satellite maps help a great deal too! The truck lanes with gas just make things so much easier and I thought we could help each other out.

Tags
gas