Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-14-2012, 07:42 PM   #29

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I work for body shops all over the country, in my experience, gieco and progressive make it part of their business plans to make it as effortless as possible for the consumer, although they are the absolute worst to deal with from my end. Farm bureau, usaa, Hartford and cincinati, are the easiest to work with, but the region you are insured in does make a difference. Some companies are more popular in certain areas and hence easier to work with.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-14-2012, 07:46 PM   #30

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Another note, having an agent makes a world of difference, there is a relationship there and the agent will actually work for you when you have problems.

Old 06-14-2012, 08:07 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erlingiii View Post
Another note, having an agent makes a world of difference, there is a relationship there and the agent will actually work for you when you have problems.
Hah! I had AmFam for over 17 years. My agent would always tell me to call the main office whenever I had a question. The only thing he did for me was to over charge me.

J. D. Powers sent me a survey. I rated him the lowest in almost every category. J.D. Powers called me and took a recorded statement because they couldn't believe I rated him so low. I sent him an email explaining that his customer no-service was why I was dropping AmFam. He didn't reply.
Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 08:18 PM   #32

Another reason I dropped AmFam. They received a settlement for $1000 from Michelin. A letter from AmFam said I would be notified when a settlement was reached. They sat on the $1000 check for almost a year. I had to call to find out about it.
Old 06-14-2012, 09:02 PM   #33

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
Point of interest: GEICO = Government Employee Insurance Company

I don't know the back story, take it for what it cost ya.
Ramblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 10:56 AM   #34

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner

Hah! I had AmFam for over 17 years. My agent would always tell me to call the main office whenever I had a question. The only thing he did for me was to over charge me.

J. D. Powers sent me a survey. I rated him the lowest in almost every category. J.D. Powers called me and took a recorded statement because they couldn't believe I rated him so low. I sent him an email explaining that his customer no-service was why I was dropping AmFam. He didn't reply.
Sounds like he was a terrible agent, there are good agents out there. I've worked with agents that loathe insurance companies, and want to get you what you deserve, that's an agent I can trust.
Old 06-15-2012, 11:04 AM   #35

National RV Owners Club
We had AARP and had to pay tow charges up front (about 200 miles worth) and wait for reimbursement. They may have changed since our experience - but, check.

JoAnn
Old 06-15-2012, 12:28 PM   #36

I think I have a good Allstate agent. He's either good or a good salesman.
Old 06-16-2012, 05:15 PM   #37

Workhorse Chassis Owner
We had USAA for 35 years but they finally priced them selves out of our business. We have now have Progressive for the last 8 years and we've been very happy. We had a repair on our motor home after I scrapped a tree. A few years later we flooded the same motor home by leaving a faucet on with the gray tank valve closed and leaving the camper for 5 hours. Progressive totaled the camper without missing a beat and gave us a good pay out.
We are very pleased with Progressive.
Old 06-16-2012, 05:43 PM   #38

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magumba View Post
We had USAA for 35 years but they finally priced them selves out of our business. We have now have Progressive for the last 8 years and we've been very happy. We had a repair on our motor home after I scrapped a tree. A few years later we flooded the same motor home by leaving a faucet on with the gray tank valve closed and leaving the camper for 5 hours. Progressive totaled the camper without missing a beat and gave us a good pay out.
We are very pleased with Progressive.
USAA does not now insure motorhomes. They partiner with Progressive to fill this void. So far so good. First year without an increase in premium.
TST 507 w/ 10 Sensors
greystroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 06:04 PM   #39

Darned interesting thread. I'm up (for insurance renewal) and what I've been getting in 'quotes' is all over the map. 'How much do you drive the unit?' 'About 2-3K (max) per year to 'place' and fish.

Close to $500/yr difference from top to bottom.

Don't drive enough?
Old 06-16-2012, 06:28 PM   #40

Ford Super Duty Owner
I have had Progressive for four years and had 3 claims. 2 claims last year 6 wks apart and figured a big increase in premium the following month. I received the bill for motorhome and car, it was 30 cents less than the year before. All service was better than I expected and I'm extremely happy with Progressive.
Larry V
Old 06-20-2012, 08:13 PM   #41
Udo

My latest quote from Nat. Int. is over $2,100 per year fox a 2007 Monaco Executive Sandia IV.
I'm looking to make a change.
From these posts, I'm going to check AARP, Geico, and Progressive through my USAA membership.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramblin View Post
National Interstate is who I have mine with. ~$400/yr for my coach.
Udo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 08:32 PM   #42

Winnebago Owners Club
Smile

We have Geico on our cars, have had them for over 15 years, few claims, very happy with them overall. Have progressive on MH, just filed my first claim, over $3000 dollars, darn those bumpers are expensive, and all they said was pay the deductible and we will take care of the rest. Just got my renewal, no increase. I shopped the MH insurance last year and Progressive was the least expensive. Have tried pricing AARP/Hartford for the cars, they can't even come close to Geico for our cars.