RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-01-2017, 10:05 AM   #15
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Thanks for all the feedback. I am not in the market for a RV but was just curious about this new dealership in Ashland, VA. Fortunately, we have a good and reliable independent RV repair shop in this area that can fix most anything.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-01-2017, 03:43 PM   #16

We bought our used fifth wheel from General RV in Birch Run, MI and it was a OK experience. I questioned a $100 charge on the final receipt which was for an inspection of the camper. I asked them if that also included fixing any found items and they said "NO", it would only be a list of items that needed to be fixed. Needless to say I refused to pay them $100 for a "honey do list".

grindstone01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 05:57 PM   #17

Thor Owners Club
Bought a DP from them. Had many items to be fixed. They ran my new coach into something and bent the DS mirror. It was replaced but not repaired correctly. Had them replace my awning. They did not put the screws back in and it fell scratching the coach. Many other repairs have had to be redone. Thor sent me to another dealer to get repair done correctly. Stay away from the Gen RV in Dover, Fl.
Jkoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 10:26 AM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
I've had OK luck getting my coach (which was purchased thru another dealership) at the new General RV center in Wixom MI. I needed an Aquahot issue to be addressed. They were able to work with AquaHot directly and troubleshoot and repair it successfully - and did so within the time frame they originally estimated. My only frustration was that I had to call them for status updates - and that every time I did, I had to refresh the memory of the service coordinator I was dealing about everything regarding the issue who I was, the type of coach I had and as well as the details of the issue ever time I spoke with him. It was like dealing with my Alzheimered mother-in-law - for whom EVERYTHING is a "first time" experience. While they were able to troubleshoot and fix the issue - it did not give me a warm and fuzzy feeling that the service coordinator knew what was going on and was on top of shepherding my repair thru their facility.

In a second contact with General RV - they were kind enough to squeeze us into their service schedule at their Jacksonville FL facility when our inverter failed on our trip down to Florida last January. We were waiting in their parking lot - when they opened - and they got us in that same to determine that the inverter had failed. As it turned out - the actual repair was performed elsewhere (our extended service provider would not authorize an outright replacement - explaining that the Magnasine MS2812 inverter is a "serviceable" unit - so we ended up having to take it to a Magnasine service center to have a couple of circuit boards replaced). I give credit to General RV though for fitting us into their service schedule and correctly diagnosing the problem.
SpaceNorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 01:52 PM   #19

General RV experience: extremely high-pressure sales. We simply wanted to browse and told the salesman this in no uncertain terms. We also told him we would be buying and paying in cash 6 months later, so not interested in any financing deals. Before we knew it, we were sitting in one of about 20 sales cubicles and he was filling out info. It was like a time-share pitch! We were 'allowed' to look at 2 trailers based on that information. Then he kept offering us deals if we purchased that day and he could finance the purchase Horrible experience and they lost a sale.
Old 12-05-2017, 12:07 AM   #20

We looked online and found a 5th wheel we might have been interested in buying. We live about 250 miles from the SLC location. The salesman took us out to the 5th wheel, but as we were looking at it, he informed us that it had been sold. Of course as we were walking back to our car he said he had a couple of very "similar" units available. We liked them but they were new and about 20k more expensive. We just left and drove the 250 miles back home. A week later we saw the original unit on their website and my wife called and they said it was still available. This unit was available for the next month. It was a very good deal on a barely used unit, I am sure it was part of a bait and switch scam. Can't speak about service or other locations, but we would never go back to the one in SLC.
Cedarmancity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 11:10 AM   #21

And, what was the dealer name? Inquiring minds would like to know...

'09 F450--died, replaced with '10--retired
wingnut60 is offline   Reply With Quote