Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-09-2009, 07:49 AM   #15

Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken-55 View Post
Just sent my e-mail off to Walmart.

Dear Walmart,

It's been brought to my attention through a website frequented by responsible RVers that one inconsiderate individual abused your hospitality by dumping raw sewage in the parking lot of a Unicoi County, TN Walmart. I was happy to see that he was caught and hope he is prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

I hope that this incident does not cause you to discontinue your policy of allowing overnight stays at many of your stores. I've only owned a motorhome since earlier this year and have stayed at a Walmart just one night. I contacted your manager before we left home, because we would be arriving very late after the store closed. He welcomed me and directed me where to park. It was nice being able to leave home knowing that we had a place to park. We arrived around 2 am and got a decent night's sleep. After waking up, we did a little shopping and went on our way.

Please know that if I or many other Rvers had seen someone abuse your property, we would report it immediately.

I sincerely hope this one “bad egg” does not ruin it for everyone.

Thank You!
On behalf of the rest of us, thank you for taking the time to write to Wal Mart. Hopefully, WM will realize that this IDIOT obviously doesn't know his as* from a hole in the ground and the rest of us APPRECIATE their generosity in the use of their lots.

GoodTimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-12-2009, 08:21 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodTimes View Post
On behalf of the rest of us, thank you for taking the time to write to Wal Mart. Hopefully, WM will realize that this IDIOT obviously doesn't know his as* from a hole in the ground and the rest of us APPRECIATE their generosity in the use of their lots.

WalMart responded quickly to my e-mail . . . here's part of what they said:

The whole Wal-Mart team sincerely appreciates the time you took to tell us about your insights and be assured that we will take note of your input to continually serve you better.

Thank you for visiting Walmart.com. We appreciate the opportunity to serve you and look forward to your next visit.
Ken-55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 11:26 AM   #17
doc

Appalachian Campers
Form letter
doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 01:00 PM   #18

Appalachian Campers
Jeez and I feel bad when I get a couple of drops on the ground while I hook the hose up.
sknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 02:53 PM   #19

We have only used WalMarts occasionally, but I always go inside and ask. And usually buy something RV related. This is a great service for our RV community.

Some years back, I had a neighbor who was a federal magistrate and had juristiction for some government land and campgrounds in my state. He related a story where an RV dealer was camping on a primitive site and just dumped his holding tank there rather than be bothered to use the dump station. Someone saw the act, and turned him in; whereupon he appeared before my neighbor's bench. Dave had researched the allowable penalty and, when the dealer just smiled at the small fine, also said "and one week in jail with no parole". The smile disappeared...

Quote:
Originally Posted by justimagination View Post
If you haven't read the Newspaper article, take a minute and do so. It's evident that they identified him without question, even where he is from. I was glad to see that his punishment was dealt with, was it enough, not in my opinion. These type of people have no respect for anyone but themselves. We have all used these facilities to get some rest from time to time, and I will continue to do so, and hope that this situation doesn't effect any of us. I always try to find the store Mgr.upon on arriving, or even calling ahead if it's not a 24 hr.store, and never have I been treated with anything but kindness. They have a store locator on the Web, and I keep it handy for contacts. Lets all do our part to keep this good thing going. Be safe in your travels, wherever they may be.
David G.
2005 Safari (Monaco)Trek 28RB2, Workhorse W20, 8.1, Allison 1000 5 spd, UltraPower engine & tranny, Track bars & sway bars, KONI FSD, FMCA 190830, Safari Int'l. chapter. 1999 Safari Trek 2830, 1995 Safari Trek 2430, 1983 Winnebago Chieftain, 1976 Midas Mini
George Schweikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 03:14 PM   #20
JC2

Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by George Schweikle View Post
We have only used WalMarts occasionally, but I always go inside and ask. And usually buy something RV related. This is a great service for our RV community.

Some years back, I had a neighbor who was a federal magistrate and had juristiction for some government land and campgrounds in my state. He related a story where an RV dealer was camping on a primitive site and just dumped his holding tank there rather than be bothered to use the dump station. Someone saw the act, and turned him in; whereupon he appeared before my neighbor's bench. Dave had researched the allowable penalty and, when the dealer just smiled at the small fine, also said "and one week in jail with no parole". The smile disappeared...
Don't know how you did it but there are 4,294,967,295 posts under your name.
JC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 05:51 PM   #21

Now what?... how do I correct this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC2 View Post
Don't know how you did it but there are 4,294,967,295 posts under your name.
2005 Safari (Monaco)Trek 28RB2, Workhorse W20, 8.1, Allison 1000 5 spd, UltraPower engine & tranny, Track bars & sway bars, KONI FSD, FMCA 190830, Safari Int'l. chapter. 1999 Safari Trek 2830, 1995 Safari Trek 2430, 1983 Winnebago Chieftain, 1976 Midas Mini
George Schweikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 06:31 PM   #22

Send a message via MSN to FatDog
Quote:
Originally Posted by George Schweikle View Post
Now what?... how do I correct this?
spend more time with your family ??
camp more ?
i got a hobby or two but still have a ton of free time so i know where you're coming from
good luck
FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 06:13 AM   #23

Proving once again...that there is always an idiot!!!!
R1Kirby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 06:30 PM   #24

Workhorse Chassis Owner
This reminds me of the Dave Mathews band in their rock star bus in downtown Chicago a few years ago. Their driver goes over a grated bridge which is over the Chicago river and his driver intentually hit the button on the dashboard to release the black tank into the river below. Unbelievably at the same time there is a tour boat passing under the bridge and many people were horrified to be splashed from above with human waste! The band was prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law and paid a hefty fine because the EPA got involved. The same karma should happen to this idiot, both in criminal court and civil court!
Old 10-16-2009, 08:11 PM   #25

I'm glad someone was there to witness & report this act. I spent some time near Unicoi TN not too long ago. Most of the campgrounds in the area allow folks to pull in and dump tanks properly.

Current Location: Socorro, NM
Lorna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 10:54 PM   #26

Appalachian Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacation on wheels View Post
This reminds me of the Dave Mathews band in their rock star bus in downtown Chicago a few years ago. Their driver goes over a grated bridge which is over the Chicago river and his driver intentually hit the button on the dashboard to release the black tank into the river below. Unbelievably at the same time there is a tour boat passing under the bridge and many people were horrified to be splashed from above with human waste! The band was prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law and paid a hefty fine because the EPA got involved. The same karma should happen to this idiot, both in criminal court and civil court!
Oh I forgot about that! I'm one of the most anti sue people going, but I hope they sued life out of them for that.
sknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 07:27 AM   #27

I really appreciate the service that WalMart and several other organizations do for the RV community in allowing us to overnight in most of their locations. I find there normally are several good restaurants within walking distance of their stores. When we are pushing for some extra miles in a day, it is nice to be able to roll in a little later than we normally would if going to a park, no registration, no setup, just find a nice spot way out in the boonies on their lot and stop. We can then stretch our legs, do some shopping, go eat and settle in for some TV or read and hit the sack. It is almost like I have been to that spot before it is so familiar. I really get ticked when I see some inconsiderates roll in, out come all the slides, the awning, the BBQ grille and they take over like they own the place. Then the noisy genny starts and runs most or all of the evening. grrrrrr

Thanks WalMart perchance you ever read this. I have personally thanked many a store manager for their kindness. I have picked up many a parking lot and pulled many a basket off the lot just to say thanks and for some exercise.

Bob
Old 10-26-2009, 08:20 AM   #28

Tiffin Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
What a horrid story!

We stopped at a flying J’s on a way home to empty tanks and the area around the dump station was backed up with water & muck. My husband emptied our tanks, hopping around the area to stay out of it and then pulled up to get propane. The service man that came out to help us saw the dump station and said “that someone must have pulled up and just dumped their tanks without a hose”. He said the RVers do it all the time.

UNBELIEVABLE!!

I told my husband that they should have had that on camera and sent them a cleanup bill.