Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-05-2009, 10:02 AM   #1
Administrator in Memoriam

Appalachian Campers
Georgia Man Causes Stink in Walmart Parking Lot

By Lesley Hughes
News Editor "The Erwin Record"
lhughes@erwinrecord.net

When you gotta go, you gotta go.

A really big pooper scooper was needed last week to clean up a mess in Wal-Mart parking lot where a camper trailer owner dumped raw sewage.

(To read the rest of the story click here for the The Erwin Record site.)
Hitchhiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-05-2009, 01:33 PM   #2

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Just read the story. My Lord, what was this guy thinking? We have spent nights in truck stops, rest stops and Walmarts, and never once even with full tanks to the brim had thought of doing this. It's to bad when one person makes all the rest look bad.

I would like to apologize to this store on behalf of all travelers that appreciate what Walmart has given in allowing us free overnight parking.
Bert_64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 03:32 PM   #3
doc

Appalachian Campers
Nasty, pure nasty!! This guy needs about 30 days as a guest of the county along with a fine of several thousand.
doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 05:17 PM   #4

Florida Cooters Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Unbelievable! I'm glad there was a witness and that the dumper was caught. The Fire Dept. should have made him help clean it up. Wonder how many times he's done it without getting caught. I hope the punishment is sufficient to remind him not to pull the same stunt again.
Old 09-05-2009, 06:26 PM   #5

Just sent my e-mail off to Walmart.

Dear Walmart,

It's been brought to my attention through a website frequented by responsible RVers that one inconsiderate individual abused your hospitality by dumping raw sewage in the parking lot of a Unicoi County, TN Walmart. I was happy to see that he was caught and hope he is prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

I hope that this incident does not cause you to discontinue your policy of allowing overnight stays at many of your stores. I've only owned a motorhome since earlier this year and have stayed at a Walmart just one night. I contacted your manager before we left home, because we would be arriving very late after the store closed. He welcomed me and directed me where to park. It was nice being able to leave home knowing that we had a place to park. We arrived around 2 am and got a decent night's sleep. After waking up, we did a little shopping and went on our way.

Please know that if I or many other Rvers had seen someone abuse your property, we would report it immediately.

I sincerely hope this one “bad egg” does not ruin it for everyone.

Thank You!
Ken-55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 12:04 AM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
If you haven't read the Newspaper article, take a minute and do so. It's evident that they identified him without question, even where he is from. I was glad to see that his punishment was dealt with, was it enough, not in my opinion. These type of people have no respect for anyone but themselves. We have all used these facilities to get some rest from time to time, and I will continue to do so, and hope that this situation doesn't effect any of us. I always try to find the store Mgr.upon on arriving, or even calling ahead if it's not a 24 hr.store, and never have I been treated with anything but kindness. They have a store locator on the Web, and I keep it handy for contacts. Lets all do our part to keep this good thing going. Be safe in your travels, wherever they may be.
David G.
justimagination is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 04:04 AM   #7

Country Coach Owners Club
Some people just don't care.They throw out garbage on the highway and expect someone else to clean it up. There was a time that it was not a push to clean up America as it is now.Just think how far we have come to creating a cleaner safer enviornment. We too have stayed at many Walmart parking lots,one in particular in Spearfish S.D. beautiful city.My husband actually got out and picked up thrash around the lot.Trying to be a good neighbor.He told me of some big rigs whose jack tore the blacktop up,and of some letting grey water go out into lot.No sewage thank goodness.This was during Bike Week.Too many go and get drunk and lose all of thier manners
SaraDewey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 07:43 AM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Let the PUNISHMENT fit the crime.
How about 7 days locked in a Johnny-on-the Spot that is full from a construction site.

THE MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE, IT MUST BE OPEN TO WORK
read & learn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 12:32 PM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Only two Words! Ignorant Ass!
Old 09-06-2009, 10:20 PM   #10

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by read & learn View Post
Let the PUNISHMENT fit the crime.
How about 7 days locked in a Johnny-on-the Spot that is full from a construction site.
Then lay it on it's side.

2002 Itasca Suncruiser - WH Chassis - 35U - 2006 Jeep Liberty
hamguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 10:00 AM   #11
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
To even imagine that anyone could do that is appalling, then to read that some one actually did that is more appalling.

I do hope that Walmart, or the owner of the parking lot (may not be Walmart) will prosecute to the fullest extent of the law - and then some. The city should also prosecute as bio-hazard clean up.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 02:23 PM   #12

Unfortunately, this clown is a member of a new sub culture that is growing within our society. It is known as the "ANT" culture as in exorbitANT; expectANT; defiANT; intolerANT; flamboyANT and of course ignorANT and almost always arrogANT. If I were a judge on the bench It would totally make my day to have this guy appear before me, I can assure you that future dumping of raw sewage in a public place would never ever cross his mind again, Have a good day and be careful out there, Ken....
Ken Roberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 11:12 AM   #13

The EPA does have rules in place to force the offender to pay all related costs of any hazardous waste cleanup, all it takes is a conviction for illegal disposal, then that fire/spill recovery/ hazmat department may sue for recovery of all costs and expenses (in addition to EPA fines). Sure hope they do!
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 07:31 PM   #14

Appalachian Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
I happened to read this while I was stranded on a Wal Mart lot, waiting for the parts store to open back up after the holiday. I was very fortunate that there was a Wal Mart lot available for me to limp into. To think there are jerks like this out there putting that availabilty in jepordy by being such an unbelievable idiot makes me furious.

I was even at a Wal-Mart that didn't allow overnighting because for some reason, they are in a location where truckers were taking advantage of it. And I can tell you, there were more truckers parked on that lot during the day than any other I had ever seen, but security ran them off if they stayed to long or tried to overnight it.

As soon as we limped in, I parked as far from the store as I could get, and wnet in and spoke with the manager. I told him I had a busted brake line and if it was just me I would have pinched it and drove on, but I didn't feel it was safe enough considering I had my wife and 2 year old son along with me. I also told him it would likely be two nights before I could get the part I needed due to the holiday weekend.

He told me to not move that RV until it was safe to do so, and gave me his card with a note on the back for the security guy, should they come around and ask us to leave. How can you beat that? I knew we were probably going to be OK when I saw the grey hair when I was introduced to him. He even gave my crying son a lolipop which silenced him right away, and we proceeded to drop about $300 - $350 in his store while we were there.

My balck and grey tanks filled almost completely up while we where there, but how anyone could even consider doing somethig so assinine as dumping on a public parking lot is beyond me. When I had a dog and he went on the carpet, I rubbed his nose in it. If only someone would have been able to do that to this guy, maybe he would have learned a lesson.