Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-15-2013, 10:25 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by baraff View Post
Curious as to why diesel instead of gas. IN MY OPINION,
Here we go again......
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-18-2013, 08:22 PM   #16

Vintage RV Owners Club
[QUOTE=nancie_usa;1767743]Hello out there! California Sierra Foothills here! Hubby and I have decided to buy a used class A motor home. First we thought 15,500-20,000...wrong! Decided on gas instead of diesel...wrong! We have driven hours to check out private seller RV's. Can't seem to get two to check out in the same area! Always a little problem here, there....no big deal they say. These are obvious to the eye problems and out of our budget if we have to fix them! We are getting. Now we are thinking of going to a DEALERSHIP . Will most likely have to finance a portion.... ugh!

Any recommendations...
. Thank you all in advance! All advice welcomed.
nancie_usa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 08:38 PM   #17

Vintage RV Owners Club
I was actually asking for suggestions as to dealerships in our area. We are checking out a 1998 safari serengeti Xi for 44,995. DP, 48,266 miles. Hopefully we can get them down to $40,000 and some depending on what we find. This is from Cordelia RV center Fairfield CA. We are also interested in a 2002 rexall roseair 2/slide, gas for $37,495. 25,000 miles. Any suggestions on what to look for in these two choices and any pros/cons you can offer would be appreciated!

We decided on DP because hubby will be retiring in 3 years. Made this choice after reading all your comments. Thank you all again for the great comments.
nancie_usa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 10:56 PM   #18

Winnebago Owners Club
Good advice to check around regarding the form,fit, function you want. Best value after considering $ , layout, quality design /construction, after purchase support.
Try to enjoy as you endure the eval/ selection process. You can have many enjoyably hours in it. They all have their challenges ,some more than others.
New to MH RVing,had TTs/HTT/PUPs/Tents, retired 2013,now have more time for church ministries,fam,friends, camping, we have 2007 WB Access 29T with 6.0L Chevy,25K miles,31' 2013 CRV AWD Toad/Falcon2/BrBuddy
rvtime2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 11:01 PM   #19

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Some years ago we were looking at used DP's found a Safari that DW really liked the floor plan so I started poking deeper.
Found high water lines in the bays so I asked about it boing from an area that had flooded. The answer was "We don't know, we got it from another of our lots". This was a few month after flooding in some southern areas.
We left it on the lot even though it drove very well too.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 11:20 PM   #20

I have owned several MH's over the years and now only trailers bumper pulls. Less problems less cost and insurance. I always buy used. Currently have a HR 25ft Alumscape and a Bigfoot 21RB. Depending how long we will be away and how long the trip may be, we decide which one to take.
Chuck
H-Rambler25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 07:21 AM   #21

American Coach Owners Club
DeMartini in Grass valley has a good reputation and quite a bit of inventory. I bought new from them in '05 and found them to be honest and easy to deal with. They let you go through their lot on your own and all the rigs are open. Their website is demartinirv.com
exgman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rexhall, rust