Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 05-07-2015, 09:00 AM   #15
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Bruce, I'm 75 and have a few non life threatening problems, but don't have any plans to stop RV'ing. In fact, we're getting ready to lease our house for a year and try fulltiming in the MH! If we like it after a year, we're coming back, sell the house and all our "stuff", and keep on truckin!

Joe & Annette

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-07-2015, 09:05 AM   #16
I'm gettin up there but I'm gonna RV forever, it's working out well so far.

'98 Southwind 34L, too many cameras, old hat, young heart.
May the light be with you.
Mentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 05:07 PM   #17
Well I am 64 and HM is 62 hopefully we have many good years ahead of us. But who really knows for sure. Have to take it as it comes.
TxTwoSome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 05:39 PM   #18
Workhorse Chassis Owner
79, wife is 73, heading to Alaska again next year for 5 months, no need to stop...........
stryker17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 05:49 PM   #19
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I'm up in age with a few here and see no reason to stop (I actually just started 5 years ago this Sept.) as long as I have my wife to accompany me.
John & Cathy R.
06 Pace Arrow 38L W24
08 Lincoln MKX AWD
See My RV Upgrades
JohnRR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 06:04 PM   #20
Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
As long as I can physically do it, I am going to keep on going.
2001 Itasca Horizon 36LD Cat
Retired Air Force, One lovely Angel, 2 Cats and three birds.
the_vfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 06:39 PM   #21

Thor Owners Club
Originally Posted by Tom N View Post
Age is not relevant. Physical condition is.
2015 Thor ACE 29.3
Knightab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 06:47 PM   #22
In our chapter we have a gentleman that is 94 and drives a 45ft coach SOLO!
American Tradition 42R-Cadillac SRX Blue Ox Koni 5050XL MCD Scangauge D Samsung rf197
Fulltime since 2012
336muffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 08:32 PM   #23
Ford Super Duty Owner
I'm 82, the wife is, well, younger. We have a 37ft Adventurer. Over the past few weeks I've removed and replaced the vinyl tile in the Galley and then replaced a broken spring on the left rear HWH jack.
Like others, age is a number only. How active and Health to me is what really counts.
Piledrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 09:07 PM   #24
I'm 65, DW is a bit younger and we'll keep on traveling with an RV as long as we feel safe to do so and want to keep going. We've even talked a bit about that if towing a trailer with a truck gets to be a problem, we'll look at nice class B or C and make adjustments. In the meantime, we're just enjoying every trip and keep thinking about where the next adventure will take us.

"A moving target is always harder to hit!"

"Get busy living, or get busy dying" Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption
Retired but busier than ever!
2013 Winnebago 2201DS - 6,200 lbs. or so loaded!
2007 Tundra 5.7
scbwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 10:55 PM   #25
IMO, if you were a crappy driver in your Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham, you didn't magically get better when you purchased a 42' DP. When did anyone, be they 16 or 92 years old, ever admit to being a lousy driver? Percentage-wise, I've seen just as many bone-headed moves by RV drivers in all age categories.

But the reality is that, as we age, we lose some of the "situational awareness" and "self-assuredness" that we had in our earlier years. Personally, at 64, I know I check my mirror two or even three times before I change lanes, where 15 years ago, I would have given one quick glance.

That's what scares me when I read comments such as "I'll drive till I drop." You can read in papers across the country on almost a daily basis of elderly people mistaking the gas pedal for the brake, and driving through the front of a doctor's office or restaurant. Inevitably, they will claim it was a mechanical failure, as they are "good drivers". I hope I have the wisdom to park the RV long before I get to that point.
terryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 01:02 PM   #26
Soon to be 77 and DW is 73. The secret is to know your limitations. I've got over 4.5 million miles under my belt, no accidents, one speeding ticket but have a firm grip on the wheel when towing the TT. Keep my speed around 50-55mph. I try to avoid interstate highways, less traffic, fewer trucks, a lot less billboards and enjoy ride. DW eyes the scenery (when she is awake). I keep my eyes on the road and around me in front and back. When my kids were little there was no horseplay in the back seat or they got my attention. DW talks to me and I have her tuned out. Bugs the hell out of her when I don't answer, I just say "Sorry" I'm driving. Driving has my full time attention. I expect I will be good for a couple more years the probably hang it up.
2014 Palomino Puma 25RS 28 days in 2014, 47 days in 2015, 51 days in 2016 plus 6 more booked
2011 F-150 Supercrew 5.0 6spd, Me, Xyl and the 2 kids, BooBoo and Gracie (kittens)
KT4Wextra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 01:43 PM   #27
Monaco Owners Club
We bought our 40 ft DP coach last year from a couple in their late 80's. They were upgrading to a 45 ft.! We are in our mid 50's. We wanna be RVing until we are in our late 80's too!
Tom and Barbara in Delaware, USAF Retired Aircraft Crew Chief
2001 Monaco Dynasty Regent DSO FD - 40 ft DP with Tag Axle - Towing a 2003 Jeep Wrangler

tikitom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 02:30 PM   #28
Winnebago Owners Club
Age ,,whats that a number !!! As long as I feel safe driving our RV we will do it !!! Even if it means going smaller to make it easier.
Knowing when is only up to you !!!

I sure hope Im RV ing for a long time to come!!!

jefrut is offline   Reply With Quote