Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-14-2015, 02:41 PM   #29

I'm the best driver on the road at 75, I'm so good that all the other drivers give me the "thumbs up" sign, at least I think it's a thumb.
Melvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-15-2015, 03:40 AM   #30

Winnebago Owners Club
Just to be on the safe side, my dad stopped at 90.
Enjoying the simple life w/a 1994 Winnebago Brave 31RQ (A). Past RVs; RoadTrek (B), Starcraft Pop-up, Coachmen (C), MinnieWinnie (C) and an American Something-or-other (TT). Started it all off as a teenager in a 1964 Apache Pop-up we named Wag Along.
minibike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 01:01 PM   #31

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I will be 80 in November, the wife is 77. We have a 2004 Gulfstream SunVoyager 37 ft. It has the 8.1 vortec gas engine. I will make the final payment on it this month. I have only 33000 miles on it and do most of my own repairs, but I no longer get on the roof. I have been thinking about moving up to a newer unit, a diesel. Only because I think the brakes are much better on the diesel units. But then I think why do I want to go in debt again for a motor home when I have only 33000 miles on mine which is paid for. But I do keep looking. They are some things that I would like in a newer unit. Would be nice to have the TV in a better location, nice to have washer & dryer, Full body paint. ect.
darbyjudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 01:06 PM   #32

Ford Super Duty Owner
79 and loving the freedom of RVing when and where I feel like it (subj to the boss's approval of course).
mccsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 04:15 PM   #33

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I am 61 and I can do everything I did at 21.

Which only shows how decrepit I was at 21.
ArmandV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 11:35 AM   #34

Well now I am reconsidering what I am doing and will most probably stick to our bucket list from now on. This was brought on by a 42 year old fellow in our marina who died driving home yesterday, was very near home with his kids in the car when he had a brain aneurism that took him out instantly. It was a country road and he was not speeding, the car just went gently into the shrubbery and stopped so the children were not hurt physically but emotionally............. I shall now pursue my plan to take my rig to Europe and get on with the bucket list, it's only money I'm not taking with me and my children are doing great.
Old 05-17-2015, 12:11 PM   #35
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentor View Post
Well now I am reconsidering what I am doing and will most probably stick to our bucket list from now on. This was brought on by a 42 year old fellow in our marina who died driving home yesterday, was very near home with his kids in the car when he had a brain aneurism that took him out instantly. It was a country road and he was not speeding, the car just went gently into the shrubbery and stopped so the children were not hurt physically but emotionally............. I shall now pursue my plan to take my rig to Europe and get on with the bucket list, it's only money I'm not taking with me and my children are doing great.

Yaa! Way to go!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 12:35 PM   #36

A couple in our neighborhood bought their first RV when they were in their early 80s.
Old 05-17-2015, 03:02 PM   #37

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I'm 65.5 years old. I have a genetic lung disease, I'm on oxygen 24/7. I'm a couple of years past the life expectancy of folks within my group. We are fulltimers and they will have to pry the steering wheel from my cold lifeless fingers. My wife agrees, we love living in this 40 ft box! We dread the inevitable day when we have to sell, and we may not sell. We may just park it in our favorite place and live there until we get evicted or the RV disintegrates into the ground.😀😀😀
No sympathy for me please, I'm the luckiest guy in the world and we are happier than ever!
Fulltime-Home is where we park it.
Davdeb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 03:03 PM   #38

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davdeb1 View Post
I'm 65.5 years old. I have a genetic lung disease, I'm on oxygen 24/7. I'm a couple of years past the life expectancy of folks within my group. We are fulltimers and they will have to pry the steering wheel from my cold lifeless fingers. My wife agrees, we love living in this 40 ft box! We dread the inevitable day when we have to sell, and we may not sell. We may just park it in our favorite place and live there until we get evicted or the RV disintegrates into the ground.😀😀😀
No sympathy for me please, I'm the luckiest guy in the world and we are happier than ever!
Oh yes, one thing, I won't be driving when they have to pry my fingers from the wheel! Lol!
Fulltime-Home is where we park it.
Davdeb1 is offline   Reply With Quote