Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-02-2013, 03:44 PM   #1

Smile Golf Anyone?

Wanna-Be still trying to figure things out. I'm wondering when you're traveling the country and staying in the commercial resort type campgrounds if it's hard to find a golf game so I wouldn't have to play by myself? Or should I just leave the golf clubs at home and be sure I have that most comfortable lawn chair for lounging around? Jim
PRINT4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-02-2013, 03:56 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
It's not easy, but I go to the course, make it plain that I'd like to join someone, and generally it hasn't been a problem...combined with that, I've met some pretty interesting folks...a few bust groups, but for the most part, my rec is take 'em with you.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 06:55 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
I always carry my clubs and almost always get paired up. When I call to check on tee times and rates I tell them I am a single and would like to get paired up.
dabrooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 07:12 PM   #4

No brainer. Take the club's. My experience is I always get put with someone.
As a matter of fact we are leaving for d disney world Tuesday and my clubs will be onboard even though I have no plans to play. I'll have them just in case.
Old 11-02-2013, 08:12 PM   #5

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
If you have them with you, you will not be sorry. If you want them and they are in storage then you may be sorry.

Once I did play by myself and you know it was not half bad. Pretty much all the time if you show up a single they match you with a threesome. And chances are that person you just met at the new place you are staying has clubs and would love to play.

Takem.
njs42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 08:58 PM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Yup, bring along the clubs.
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 07:42 AM   #7

My question was intended to focus on the friendly people in the campgrounds for potential playing partners. Can you find enough around the campground to make up a group or part group so you don't have to go to a golf course by yourself and do the standard "I'm a single, line me up with a group"?
PRINT4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 08:53 AM   #8

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Chances are they (the campground guys) are already at the course as singles (just kidding). But there is some truth here. IF you go to a course the golfers are there if you walk around the campground not everyone is a golfer.

A lot depends on what camp grounds. The places we stay are likely to have golf clubs (associations) already started; you just go in and sign up to play. This is particularly true of "resort" type RV locations in favorite wintering places, Arizona, Florida, California.

If you are at a State or County campground probably catch as catch can.

Inquire when making reservations as to the availability of golf and when you arrive someplace make sure to tell the people at check in your interest.

I had a person tell me once as we made the turn "Norm, golf is not a game that will relax you, it is for people who are already relaxed". I play better now that I am retired.

Relax, take your clubs and take what comes. I think you will be glad you did.
njs42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 09:32 AM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
I started playing golf because there were so many people asking if we played at the campgrounds we have stayed at.
AISTQM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 05:59 PM   #10

Texas Boomers Club
I always have my travel set with me. Keep them in an airline type hard side tube, stashed in the basement. Sometimes I get paired up at the course, but I like to play my first round at a new course by myself - lets me look around and explore the layout of the course without holding up play.
Old 11-10-2013, 06:12 PM   #11

Winnebago Owners Club
I always take my clubs...When I call for reservations I tell them that I'd like to be paired up and they usually get me with a single, double, or threesome. Meet a lot of nice people on a golf course.....

Chiefbvfd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 08:31 AM   #12

Tiffin Owners Club
Both work. I've called courses for a tee time and been paired up meeting some very n ice folks. When you talk to your neighbors in the park, the subject of golf will come up and now you've got a partner.

One time in Myrtle Beach, I pulled my clubs out and just stood them up while getting something else out. Car stopped and the driver asked if I was looking to play. Said yep, played that afternoon and met 3 of the nicest guys you could hope for.

Bill