Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-15-2013, 08:49 AM   #15

Newmar Owners Club
FYI, for those who have a handicap placard. CGs can not stop you from using your golf car. Just have your handicap placard with you. They can not force you to rent one of their cars. This is true across all states. It is also true for any event (like the large RV shows).

Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-24-2013, 02:25 PM   #16

Fleetwood Owners Club
In the last couple of weeks I have been checking with the RV resorts that we are interested in staying at. Great News!!!
All of them either have on their websites or thru phone calls only require an insurance policy to be shown at checkin!
I think this is reasonable since the coaches and people that could be run into could be very pricey, they simply want to be sure you are good for it!
I will be hauling the new custom cart with us always!!

Craig N Deb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 06:01 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig N Deb View Post
In the last couple of weeks I have been checking with the RV resorts that we are interested in staying at. Great News!!!
All of them either have on their websites or thru phone calls only require an insurance policy to be shown at checkin!
I think this is reasonable since the coaches and people that could be run into could be very pricey, they simply want to be sure you are good for it!
I will be hauling the new custom cart with us always!!
Like to see it.
Old 07-24-2013, 06:33 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD4Mark View Post
I am not sure about Myrtle Beach but I am pretty sure I saw golf cars on the roads in S.C.
FYI...

Golf cart permits are available at any SCDMV branch office. The permit allows a licensed driver to operate a golf cart during daylight hours on a secondary highway or street within four miles of his residence or place of business.

To obtain a golf cart permit, you must:
Complete Form GC-2, Golf Cart Permit Registration
Provide proof of insurance for the golf cart
Provide the driver license number of any licensed driver who will operate the golf cart
Submit a fee of $5.00.

The law pertaining to the issuance of Golf Cart permits (56-2-105) has been amended effective October 1, 2012. The amendment requires golf cart permits to expire five years from the date of issuance. Golf cart owners holding golf cart permits on or before October 1, 2012 will have until September 30, 2015 to obtain a replacement permit. The amendment also discontinues the requirement of a listing of all operators of the golf cart and operators must be a licensed driver 16 years of age or older.

SCDMV will implement changes required by law in January 2013. Until these changes are implemented, DMV will follow current procedures and use the existing forms for issuance of Golf Cart permits. Permits issued prior to implementation must be replaced by September 30, 2015.
2013 Chevy Sonic Hatchback (Automatic)
wildtoad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 09:25 PM   #19

Thor Owners Club
A friend of mine they bought one of those new real quiet UTV's that is street legal. They have had some looks from some resort guests apparently because they are only supposed to have golf carts. They use the UTV to go on trails, shopping and around the park site. Since it is licensed and street legal I do not supposed you could prohibit it. He tells me the thing is so quiet you don't even hear it.
Kro1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 09:42 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom3205 View Post
On one of the other forums people were complaining about kids driving carts all over the park, way to fast, and could care less if they were annoying other campers. I think it was a campground in Myrtle Beach. Said they would never go back to that campground.
Me too! We quickly decided we will never return to Ocean Lakes Campground in Myrtle Beach, SC. The place is huge, over 4,000 sites, and it seemed every kid in the place was behind the wheel of a golf cart. The CG has rules that are totally ignored, and cart drivers acted like they owned the streets.
BTW, they rent carts_$50 a day.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camping