Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-23-2016, 09:46 AM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Good Sam and Camping World Junk Mail

Are you a Good Sam member but fed up with all the junk emails you get from them and their affiliate companies such as Camping World?

Go to "www.goodsamclub.com" and login to your membership account by clicking on the "SIGN IN" button in the top right corner. If you've not previously created an account for your Good Sam membership, "REGISTER" and create one now.

After signing in, click on the "MY ACCOUNT" button. Your account information will be devided into three categories accessible by clicking on the tabs, "My Profile", "My Account", abd "My Email Preferences".

Click on "My Email Preferences".

You will be presented with a list of more than 50 categories, many of which have been pre-selected to indicate your desire to receive emails on those topics. Deselect all the topics you don't want to receive emails on and then click the "Save" button at the bottom of the page.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-23-2016, 10:04 AM   #2

Gulf Streamers Club
I've done that and it reduced the amount of GS junk to a large degree. Junk mail isn't a huge problem for me, I especially enjoy mail that includes a pre-paid return envelope. I fold the junk, including any annoying stuff from those that don't provide return envelopes and send it back to the envelope provider.

Another tip, we in Ohio recently suffered a primary election. Now I'm all in favor of our election process, I just dislike being constantly called to the phone to hear some pitch for one candidate or another. This year our calls were all 'trapped' by

https://www.nomorobo.com/

Nomorobo is a FREE service that filters your calls. Our phone rings once, showing someone called, but if it's a telemarketer it stops at the one ring. We've used it for a couple of years and it's never stopped a call we wanted to get to us.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 09:09 PM   #3

I started using Nomorobo after a recommendation by Consumers Report. Love it. Works as advertised and is free!
FlaBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 02:03 AM   #4
WDW

Good Sam and Camping World Junk Mail

I got a live solicitation call from CW. a today. I'm guessing they took a former prospect
list of folks who (foolishly) TRIED to buy an RV from them. The lady started telling me about their deals on "C" --- I laughed, that was two rigs ago! I told here had the salesmen ( and I called the manager too) gotten off their sxv:$?! last year and returned my calls, answered my questions I might have made the mistake of buying from them ( CW Buffalo). If I recall, my emotions and language were probably slightly more colorful when I told here about my mail order experience -- and that I'm not a fan.....

Taking in the sights with our Trolley ...but life is always better under a Palm Tree

2016 Coachmen Mirada 35 BH. - our Trolley
2016 Jeep Cherokee Latitude

Western New York
WDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 11:49 AM   #5

Does Norobo work on cell phones.
firedoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 12:04 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
No.

bonzocfi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 12:23 PM   #7

When you are a member and stop paying the yearly membership fee the junk mail stops automaticaly.
Mel
'96 Safari, "Good Sam Club free" for 10 years.
Old 03-24-2016, 12:43 PM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Some people collect stamps. I collect..........

Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 01:06 PM   #9

We stopped all the emails and the junk mail when we went full timing over 8 years ago. We are still Good Sam members and you can do this in your account settings with Good Sam. Lots of times junk email has a way to dis-enroll on line. I use that option all the time.
Old 03-24-2016, 02:25 PM   #10

I don't use/shop via ANY Good Sam/CW/Affinity etc. so no calls/no phone calls etc.
Old 03-24-2016, 03:38 PM   #11

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpharley View Post
We stopped all the emails and the junk mail when we went full timing over 8 years ago. We are still Good Sam members and you can do this in your account settings with Good Sam. Lots of times junk email has a way to dis-enroll on line. I use that option all the time.

I did that from the get go.. Stops most, but not all..
Old 03-24-2016, 03:50 PM   #12

the above works great for emails but how do you stop the snail mail?
Old 03-24-2016, 04:11 PM   #13

Vintage RV Owners Club
Oh... their snail mail has been used all winter to get the fireplace lit to keep us warm....someone has to keep the postal company in business.
MartySQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 03:52 PM   #14

We managed to eliminate all the junk snail mail too when we went full time. It took some calls to customer service and some time but in the end, the junk postal mail was stopped. It can be done.

Tags
camping