Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-15-2015, 03:49 PM   #1

Jayco Owners Club
Good Sam Club

Being new to TT I was wondering if Good Sam Club was worth joining?😃

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-15-2015, 04:06 PM   #2

Freightliner Owners Club
I believe that it is. In addition to discounts, insurance, etc., they are an RV advocate. I had a parking issue in my town and Good Sam provided me the info necessary to defeat the proposed city ordinance.

The only complaint I ever hear is the quantity of mail they may send you. Don't think that is a major issue as I simply toss what I don't want. Some folks don't like Marcus Lemonis, company president and they complain about his policies on some matters.

All in all, it is worth supporting a club that in turn will support the industry.

Old 06-15-2015, 04:07 PM   #3

Thor Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
I use it for the store discount. Also discount at Flying J for gas.
FMCA F451520 - Texas Boomers - RVM#128
Daveht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 05:12 PM   #4

If you plan to RV for several years, become a Life Member. If you change from TT to a motor home, you can still use it.
Old 06-15-2015, 05:16 PM   #5

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrboyer View Post
If you plan to RV for several years, become a Life Member. If you change from TT to a motor home, you can still use it.
We did that some years ago, in fact we're Charter Lifetime Members. Back then I think we only paid about $175.
Mr_D is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 05:54 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

It depends on what you are looking for from it. The 10% camp site discount alone is probably not worth it. They don't have any benefit that is not readily available elsewhere, but the combined benefits may be if you use the RV much. And if you choose to get involved with a local GS chapter (camping club), that alone might be worth the modest dues. Doesn't cost a lot to try it for a year, though, so you can give it a whirl and make your own judgment.

Take their advertising with several grains of salt. They would have you believe you MUST have their several insurance and "assist" packages to survive but that is hardly the case, plus there are competitive offerings for everything they have anyway. They would also have you believe that Camping World is the "go to" place for all your RVing needs, but that's hype as well. Ask your new friends here before buying into anything they recommend.
Summers in Black Mountain, NC
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 05:57 PM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I've been a Lifetime member since the early '90's. I think I've gotten my money back out of them over the years. As for the junk mail, I put expired coupons and such in the envelopes and mail them back to them.
denlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 06:00 PM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
For discount camping, join Passport America, it pays for itself very quickly. Do a search for it on here you will find lots of comments!
rgvtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 06:12 PM   #9

Fuel discounts & Park savings are worth it IMO ... I do have to get a few things from camping world ... so those discounts are small ... but adds up ....
it's worth it for us ....... but everyone's camping, FT living and such are different ... you have to find what fits your needs .... There just isn't one bucket for everyone in the game IMO

Our Blog
hal1phx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 06:21 PM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
I have belonged since '09, signed up for a 5 year membership last time, have not used it in 2 years.......also belong to KOA and FMCA.........We use the KOA alot, enough to get a free membership every year(20k points) Goodsam has my roadside assistance right now, when it expires, Coachnet. Travel assist with the FMCA membership makes that alone worth the dues. We have been to several Goodsam parks, that should of not held the name, in direr need of a inspection! Never a problem at KOA.
Old 06-15-2015, 07:10 PM   #11

Thor Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Hi boater1217. I have been a member of the Good Sam Club for mayny years. You will find people like me who like being a member fo GSC. And there are people who won't have anything to do with it. I belong to the local chaper called the BugDuckers. Have so much fun with these great people. Works for me.
Life is a trip, ENJOY the ride.
Safe Tavels.
Bill----WWJU
woodworker414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 07:15 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveler of california View Post
I believe that it is. In addition to discounts, insurance, etc., they are an RV advocate. I had a parking issue in my town and Good Sam provided me the info necessary to defeat the proposed city ordinance.

The only complaint I ever hear is the quantity of mail they may send you. Don't think that is a major issue as I simply toss what I don't want. Some folks don't like Marcus Lemonis, company president and they complain about his policies on some matters.

All in all, it is worth supporting a club that in turn will support the industry.
I agree with this post entirely. We also belong to Passport America which pays for itself very quickly if you are traveling at the right time.
Old 06-15-2015, 10:24 PM   #13
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by traveler of california

I agree with this post entirely. We also belong to Passport America which pays for itself very quickly if you are traveling at the right time.
Don & Mary
2014 Newmar Dutch Star - All Electric - 450 ISL
2016 GMC Canyon 4WD Crew Cab
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 07:29 AM   #14

Jayco Owners Club
Thanks for the opinions and recommendations. I will probably join for a year. Also will investigate the Passport America site. Thanks again.