Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-20-2006, 03:21 PM   #1
JRW

I joined the Good Sam Club and started getting all kinds of mail from them. One caught my eye so I opened it and they were trying to get me to buy insurance for a maybe breakdown on the road. I thought that would be great until I read the whole thing and found I did not qualify for it as my rig could not be any older that 10 years old. I'm not rich and with everything else I certainly not going to spend $100,000 or more to up grad my truck and 5er. So I am dropping my membership in the Good Sam Club because as they say I don't qualify. Just sounding off.

Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of All Who Threaten It
JRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-20-2006, 03:21 PM   #2
JRW

I joined the Good Sam Club and started getting all kinds of mail from them. One caught my eye so I opened it and they were trying to get me to buy insurance for a maybe breakdown on the road. I thought that would be great until I read the whole thing and found I did not qualify for it as my rig could not be any older that 10 years old. I'm not rich and with everything else I certainly not going to spend $100,000 or more to up grad my truck and 5er. So I am dropping my membership in the Good Sam Club because as they say I don't qualify. Just sounding off.

Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of All Who Threaten It
JRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 06:10 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
You discovered one prominent aspect of Good Sam Club . . . getting mail from them. It just keeps coming and coming and coming and coming and coming . . . well, you get the picture.
Old 04-20-2006, 06:16 PM   #4

You don't have to join Good Sam Club for CSP. We have it and didn't join to get it.

One joins Good Sam Club for a number of reasons including: fellowship and connection with fellow RVers; discounts; Highway magazine;trip routing and numerous other benefits.

If you want an extend warantty there is one I read about somewhere in here (do a 'find') that doesn't have the 10 year requirement. As old as your 5th wheel is I would not consider one. We have a MH which has many more things that can go wrong that cost big bucks to fix.

2000 Sea View 34' Ford V10
rvgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006, 03:46 PM   #5

Nary a day goes by that some junk mail from "Good Sam"fills the mail box. I will not re-new. If you want fellowship, honest people, sincere assistance, no junk mail, and real values, join Escapees. The best $$$ I ever spent on the RV thing. Do yourself a favor.

www.escapees.com
Old 04-22-2006, 04:41 PM   #6

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dourdave:
Nary a day goes by that some junk mail from "Good Sam"fills the mail box. I will not re-new. If you want fellowship, honest people, sincere assistance, no junk mail, and real values, join Escapees. The best $$$ I ever spent on the RV thing. Do yourself a favor.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
We do not get those continued junk mails from Good Sam. You can opt out on those junk mailings when signing up. If you missed that little check box, then I suggest that you call or send them an email and ask them to do the favor.

Rich

Our RV trip to Alaska
iRV2.com Member #216

2012 Arctic Fox 29-5T (Northwood Mfg) 5th wheel - 2014 RAM 3500:cool dually
Rich & Zara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 06:48 AM   #7

Send a message via Skype™ to jcamp
I am receiving so much junk e-mails from Good Sam that I am fed up. I have checked the "do not send any more" e-mail at least 10 times and guess what, it still comes like the energizer bunny. Just can't stop it noatter what.
Old 04-23-2006, 08:47 AM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

We checked the "no mail" box too but we keep getting it from the "Good Spam Club". When I bring in the mail I stand by the wastebasket near the kitchen door and look at the envelopes. The Good Spam stuff gets about 3' into the house and falls into the basket alonmg with the other "you're pre-approved" junk mail.

The only reason I belong is because most parks give a discount to Good Sam members and that part pays for the membership dues. Other than that you can find better "benefits" on other RV associations.
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited - Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 09:54 AM   #9
Moderator in Memoriam

Monaco Owners Club
All I can say is call them. No junk mail or junk e-mails.
Old 04-23-2006, 03:36 PM   #10
Moderator Emeritus

We've been GS members for about 10 years now. Have always opted out whenever we could and only get maybe 1-2 mailings per month? But trhey always want you to bu into their prgrams - they are owned and operated by Affinity Group, the nations largest purveyor of RVing services, magazines and caping directories and also the owner/franchiser of Camping World stores. Ya gota expect them to sell at every opportunity.

As for the 10 year old thing, are you referring to the CSP - Continiued Service Plan? Tha's insurance against post-warranty failures and I think it's obvious that old things fail more often and therefore would have to pay higher premiums. I'm not surprised that stuff over 10 years old isn't insurable.

Roadside breakdowns are another matter, though. GS also offers an Emergency Response Service (ERS) for RVs and I thought that was available regardless of vehicle age. Anybody can geta flat tire or require towing for some reason. Are you saying there is a 10 year limit on that too?
Summers in Black Mountain, NC
Gary RVRoamer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 07:22 PM   #11

We have been members on and off and the junk mail never seems to stop. Lately it is almost daily that something comes...Once a month would not be so bad as one day a week!
Old 04-25-2006, 03:47 AM   #12

Fleetwood Owners Club
I'm a new GS member to Good Sams Emer Response Service. New to RVing to. I bought a used 5er and the day I pick it up blew a tire (another story) but the seller had GSERS. They had a heavy duty service vehicle there and I was off to the tire store inside 2 hours. Well worth it I thought. I am not sure what other insurance companies offer, but this one service paid for the premium.
Mike in Virginia

97 Dodge 3500 Diesel 2nd owner
Mike-n-Teri is offline   Reply With Quote