Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-25-2012, 12:02 AM   #43

I received my letter too. I've been upgraded to the "deluxe" membership but I'm failing to see where I'm any better off.

Can someone tell me what's special about the deluxe membership?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-25-2012, 12:05 AM   #44

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidb1057 View Post
I received my letter too. I've been upgraded to the "deluxe" membership but I'm failing to see where I'm any better off.

Can someone tell me what's special about the deluxe membership?
We are Charter Lifetime members and have never received info on the "deluxe" membership. I think it includes the CW Presidents Club and Good Sam Club membership.

Mr_D is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 12:44 AM   #45

We have taken out the GS Road service insuance this year. I look at it this way if I ever need road servise it will pay many years fee. I hope it is a waste of money but I can just imagine what the bill would be for a 50 mile tow of my 38'DP. The few dollars a year gives me personal comfort. Many years ago I did have the need to call for a tow. Not nice.
I also carry a BCAA membership as well. Everyone to his own.
Old 01-25-2012, 12:56 AM   #46

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidej M View Post
We have taken out the GS Road service insuance this year. I look at it this way if I ever need road servise it will pay many years fee. I hope it is a waste of money but I can just imagine what the bill would be for a 50 mile tow of my 38'DP. The few dollars a year gives me personal comfort. Many years ago I did have the need to call for a tow. Not nice.
The GS Road Service is completely different than the Good Sam or Presidents Club membership. We have CoachNet through FMCA for our towing. Have never needed it yet, but.........
Old 01-25-2012, 07:53 AM   #47

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Deluxe membership means you have GS and CW rolled into one. Still waiting to see if the cost doubles the next time its due.
Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 02:28 PM   #48

Newmar Owners Club
Hi davidb1057,
Welcome to iRV2. Now you have GS and CW President's Club benefits. I'm a life time member of GS. CW did the right thing by refunding the 3 years I had left on my Presidents Club membership.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 02:36 PM   #49

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidej M View Post
We had BCAA as well and let it expire after figuring out that the GS emergency roadside service covered all our vehicles. Check the BCAA policy it has limitations on distance towed, towing to closest garage and I believe you can only tow once a year. Your probably paying for something that isnt nearly as good as GS.
Old 01-25-2012, 02:53 PM   #50

Fred
I was reluctant to let it dop this year as this is the first year we signed up for the GS road service, but given your comments and my thoughts we probably will let BCAA drop.
Thanks for the comment
Dave
Old 01-25-2012, 02:59 PM   #51

As a general note I would like to say thank you to everybody for their comments. I have learned a lot over the years. Although I have been a member for several years most of those years were spent reading the comments and aquiring information. I hope I can contribute as well from now on.
Thanks again
Dave
Old 01-25-2012, 04:44 PM   #52

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
The good and/or the bad of Good Sam, Camping World and the Presidents Club membership club IMHO is somewhat like . I, like some have posted, perfer boondocking for our usual camping, but when on the road for trips from here to Texas or summer camping, I like using full hook up parks. I use both KOA and Good Sam as part of the route we use has nothing but GS parks. Yes, I've checked into some poor ones, but for the most part over the years, I've gotten back my dues.
VSPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 07:45 PM   #53

Florida Cooters Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Regarding Camping World pricing and the recent changes involving Good Sam, here's a recent email exchange I had with CW:

Me:

"What has happened to the Presidents Club/Good Sam discount on orders? There isn't even a place to enter your PC or GS number when making an online order. Looks like it doesn't matter anymore to be a paying member of PC or GS for CW purchases. Everybody gets the same price."

CW:

"Thank you for your E-mail. There is no longer a President's Club. This has been merged with the Good Sam Club, and members who were members of one or the other are now automatically members of Good Sam Club at no additional cost. New membership cards are currently being sent to members, which will arrive in 4-6 weeks and will reflect your new Good Sam Club membership number which you can use for discounts. In the meantime, until everyone has had time to receive their cards, all pricing on our website is currently reflecting the membership pricing. The manual entry of a Good Sam Club Membership number is no longer needed at this time. E-commerce is currently experimenting with the back end process of our ordering system where a full check is performed with the billing information to verify the membership status. Once you place an order, the system will check for membership, and if it finds an active membership, you will be charged the lowest pricing advertised online. If it does not find a membership active, you will be charged the higher, regular pricing listed below the internet sale price. This automated process is used to try and streamline the placement of an order."

I'll be interested in how their 'back end process' will go over with customers. Doesn't matter much for me anymore since the closest CW is 75 miles away and I can usually find what I need locally or from other online sources.
Old 01-25-2012, 11:48 PM   #54

Fleetwood Owners Club
We ordered our cards in early December and still have not seen them. Of course after calling they could not give me status on a card but were happy to upsell new services. I said I will wait to get the card to determine their customer service before I will consider anything else. Odd that something as simple as a card takes so long.
Old 01-26-2012, 12:24 AM   #55

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I contacted them about the Charter GS membership cards that we used to have and Mercus promised we'd see again. The answer was that there was nothing in the works yet to add the Charter Member designation back. I also noted that there was a misspelling of my name. They ordered new cards but that was only about a week ago, no idea when they'll get here.
Luckily I did find the Charter Member certificate they issued us when we joined so I have proof now as I threw away the old wallet cards that had Charter on them.
Old 01-26-2012, 01:46 AM   #56

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
OOPS!! "Mercus" should be "Marcus"