Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-30-2014, 09:06 AM   #15

I have yet to go into a CW where I have not felt that their prices were very high. It is their perogative to set prices at whatever level they want to. However it is my perogative to shop there or not. I only buy from them when there is a dire need. I guess they don't see the business thery are losing or they don't care.
I agree that their insurance solicitations is a huge pain, with the frequency the mail them. Now I just throw them away unopened.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-30-2014, 09:37 AM   #16
JC2

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyDi View Post
I have yet to go into a CW where I have not felt that their prices were very high. It is their perogative to set prices at whatever level they want to. However it is my perogative to shop there or not. I only buy from them when there is a dire need. I guess they don't see the business thery are losing or they don't care.
I agree that their insurance solicitations is a huge pain, with the frequency the mail them. Now I just throw them away unopened.

I've known people that would take all the unsolicited stuff and mail it back to companies if they also include a prepaid envelope in their mailings.

Old 07-30-2014, 10:55 AM   #17

Thor Owners Club
I enjoy checking out the CW catalogue, but if I find something I need, I check out the internet and price compare. Although when I need something in the moment, I shop there. But not nearly as much as we used too.
Old 07-30-2014, 11:36 AM   #18
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
They're gonna get you, one way or the other!

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 03:07 PM   #19
jpf

Gulf Streamers Club
cw inc. and their asinine good sam logo are the spawn of satan.
Old 07-30-2014, 03:08 PM   #20

How can you trust anyone with eyes like that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpf View Post
cw inc. and their asinine good sam logo are the spawn of satan.
Cricket SW3 Personal Transporter
topdownman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 03:20 PM   #21

The last major purchase I made from CW was a Splendide washer/dryer. Called the store and the price was different that the online price. Advised the cashier and she adjusted to the online price. No shipping but I did have to pay sales tax. Made appointment to bring coach in for installation. Went in, they removed the old unit, installed the new one and I was on my way in 2 hours. I know service varies in different stores but my experience there has always been positive.

I needed a new Fantastic vent fan- Went online to get an idea as to price and then to CW. Price was the same and online and vent cover was cheaper.
datrbone8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 03:38 PM   #22

Ford Super Duty Owner
I had a positive CW experience!

I went to the store here in Garner NC (Raleigh) planning to get a clearance light cover and a set of sheets (short queen). They did not have the light I needed but they had a set of sheets @ 42.99. I had a $10. off certificate for completing a survey so I took my purchase to check out. The cashier said let me check the on-line price and it was $32.99 so she rang it up as $32.99 and deducted the $10. so it was $22.99 + tax.

My wife told me that was a good price for 300 thread count (?) sheets.

I was happy with the purchase and the treatment I received.
seb1899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 04:43 PM   #23

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I don't know what I did to tick GS off - I have not received one piece of mail from them in all the time I have been a member, other than a renewal notice.
I have never purchased anything from Camping World, as I have always found the items I was looking for at a better price elsewhere. I cannot understand why folks that have a problem with Camping World keep going back. I got so fed up with the horrible service, even worse shelf stocking, and lack of adequate check outs at our local Walmart, that I will not go there.
Old 07-30-2014, 05:08 PM   #24

Jayco Owners Club
I joined Good Sam when I bought my first travel trailer. It only took me about 2 months to figure out it was a waste of money. No where I went offered the discounts, and the rag I received in the mail with all the other GS junk mail was all advertisements... for Good Sam insurance, and blah, blah, blah... So I didn't renew. I still get Good Sam junk mail... but I have to walk by the trash can on my way into the house, so none has made it past there, since.
schrederman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 05:10 PM   #25
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by jablair View Post
This is the first time you ran into this problem? Almost any site which has both online and retail stores has a similar policy. When you purchase on line you pay shipping. When purchased in the store the price includes the shipping. So if adjusting for online versus in store prices they will include shipping being added to the online price. One may disagree with this policy but nonetheless the fact remains that the retail store price has to cover the shipping charges incurred by the store.
I can't say that I recall ever running into this before, but this explanation seems logical to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve N Sal View Post
Any large company that has items shipped to them are freight prepaid. Especially one the size of CW. If they are paying freight then someone in there purchasing department needs to be replaced..
I can see this being true if their vendors drop ship directly to each store. But, if they have central distribution centers they use to fulfill orders then there is in fact shipping cost incurred by CW to get parts from their fulfillment center to their stores.

Not a very efficient supply chain logistics model, but it may be what they use rather than having their vendors ship one or two items to each store as they need to be replenished, not to mention shipping all of those internet orders for a quantity of one.

I'm not a CW/GS fan so by no means am I trying to defend them but jablair's theory does seem to make sense to me.

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 05:25 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC2 View Post
I've known people that would take all the unsolicited stuff and mail it back to companies if they also include a prepaid envelope in their mailings.
I know that guy too! It's good for the Post Office, they need the revenue.
rivraton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 05:52 PM   #27

Ford Super Duty Owner
cw story

funny story i went in to a cw and went to the back of the store to get
a outside range vent cover .then the store went pitch black. someone turned
off all the lights. i yelled out hey i am shoping some lights came on .and they
said were closed. come back on monday. i had the part in hand but there was no one that could ring it up. finaly i gave the guy $10 [cost of part ] told him
i needed it and to ring it up on monday . he wrote down the part number
said ok and unlocked the door and off i went
Old 07-30-2014, 05:52 PM   #28

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Sam gone Bad Sam?

I bought a scooter from the CW in Nashville recently. They matched the online price and didn't charge shipping. Only reason I bought the GS membership was to get the membership price as they are the only store that sells the scooter I wanted.

What really got me annoyed before I purchased a membership was them trying to sell a GS membership at the register on a previous visit in Florida. Told them no probably 10 times before I finally got mad and said can I please just pay for my item. The girl looked at me like I was a jerk.

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum

Brian W is offline   Reply With Quote