Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-06-2013, 08:47 AM   #15

Well let me jump in here and add a good word for Progressive. I've used there towing service twice in 3 1/2 years on the road. Never a hesitation from them to take care of my problem. The most outstanding one was when we broke down in Destruction Bay Yukon Territory. They got a truck with a flat bed to take my diesel pusher to Whitehorse, YT. for repairs. We were 175 miles from Whitehorse, and this was on a Saturday afternoon. While I'm at it I can't say enough about Inland Kenworth in Whitehorse for the way we were treated. The repair was finished quickly and reasonably. I expected to pay an arm & a leg but it was a fair price. Not only that they called me 2 months later to make sure everything was OK. To say the least I'm sold on Progressive, and if ever needed again on another trip to the north country we'll use Inland Kenworth.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-06-2013, 08:58 AM   #16

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I have used Good Sam for several tows and tire changes on both the RV and cars - no problems. Appears in this case they could not differentiate that a tire change and a repair where essentially the same thing. Agree with others that their management needs to be made aware.

Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 09:04 AM   #17

I too use Coach Net. However, I carry tools, and jacks, and other repair/replace items with me at all times. That repair should have only taken about 10 minutes to preform the work if tools were carried. IMHO Ed
Old 07-06-2013, 10:24 AM   #18

Tiffin Owners Club
I dropped Good Sam after two bad experiences -one with the toad and one with the MH. It took forever for GS to find a tow for the Jeep and then I waited another 3 hours for him to show up. This was at a Chevron gas station in the heart of a big city. I already had Good Sam when I bought the new MH which came with a year of Coach-Net so had double coverage on the MH. I had an issue with parking brake not releasing on the MH and called GS (they said it would have to towed), then I called Coach-Net because I didn't want the new MH towed unless necessary. The tech knew the exact answer over the phone to get us up and going again. That was the final blow for Good Sam for me.
Melmoses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 11:03 AM   #19

Winnebago Owners Club
Everybody has an opinion and everycompany has it's critics. I have never had a problem with Good Sam but I do believe it has a lot to do with who you get on the line. Do a little searching and I expect you can find plenty of Coach-Net critics as well.
Old 07-06-2013, 04:29 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick60 View Post
Everybody has an opinion and everycompany has it's critics. I have never had a problem with Good Sam but I do believe it has a lot to do with who you get on the line. Do a little searching and I expect you can find plenty of Coach-Net critics as well.
Prior to signing up for Coach Net I did a ton of research on and off this forum and read a lot of side by side comparisons and I found next to no negative comments regarding Coach Net therefore I would question your assertion that there are "plenty of Coach Net critics". I have no experience with Progressive or Good Sam so I have nothing to say about them one way or another. I have not had the need ( knock on wood) to use Coach Net and based on my research I am sure that I will not be disappointed if or when I need to call Coach Net.
Old 07-06-2013, 04:57 PM   #21

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArnolds View Post
Prior to signing up for Coach Net I did a ton of research on and off this forum and read a lot of side by side comparisons and I found next to no negative comments regarding Coach Net therefore I would question your assertion that there are "plenty of Coach Net critics". I have no experience with Progressive or Good Sam so I have nothing to say about them one way or another. I have not had the need ( knock on wood) to use Coach Net and based on my research I am sure that I will not be disappointed if or when I need to call Coach Net.
Does Coachnet have a place to post complaints?
UsualSuspect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 06:40 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsualSuspect View Post
Does Coachnet have a place to post complaints?
Suggest that you visit their WEB site Home Page - Coach-Net.com that has a contact link that you could send them a message if you have some complaint. They also have a Facebook page that is interesting.

Be advised, I am a customer and I have no other business relationship with Coach Net. Coach Net is an advertiser on iRV2.com
Old 07-06-2013, 07:07 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick60 View Post
I agree, I've read negative comments about all the major providers of ERS. If any one of them was perfect the rest would be out of business.
While enroute to Chicken, AK our 5er's rear axle spring broke. Willards Garage in Tok,AK is a Good Sam provider. I phoned Good Sam ERS with details and the operator said I would have to be towed back to Tok. Willard got on the phone and explained my 5er was 60 miles away and could not be towed with the broken spring. He told them he could make the necessary repairs on-site if they would approve; the alternate would be to contract a drop- bed semi-tractor/trailer out of Whitehorse, which would take 3 days and cost much more than the on-site repairs. Good Sam ERS approved the on-site repairs. Two days later- repairs completed, we continued to Chicken and Top-of-the-World highway to Dawson City, YT. The reason it took 2 days, replacement parts were flown in from Anchorage.
Anyone can bad-mouth GS ERS if they choose; as for me I re-signed for 3 years.
BTW, when I asked Willard if I could help, he said yes, and put me on bear watch.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 07:43 PM   #24

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArnolds View Post
Suggest that you visit their WEB site Home Page - Coach-Net.com that has a contact link that you could send them a message if you have some complaint. They also have a Facebook page that is interesting.

Be advised, I am a customer and I have no other business relationship with Coach Net. Coach Net is an advertiser on iRV2.com
But emails don't show up in a Google search, where GS has an area in their forum where you can post any issues, and that does show up. I have never had an issue with GS, but if you look back at my previous posts I did with CN .

Edit - This was experience with CoachNet. They failed to provide me any service for hours, I ended up finding a provider on my own, paying out of pocket, filed a claim, they denied it stating they sent a tow, but no one was there. I have no where to complain about them where someone from Customer Service can even try and fix it. I gave up after weeks on the phone, and numerous letters. I know some here will tell you they are the best thing ever and no one complains about them. The reason no one does is, where do you complain where you will get some traction? No where.
UsualSuspect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 07:58 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsualSuspect View Post
But emails don't show up in a Google search, where GS has an area in their forum where you can post any issues, and that does show up. I have never had an issue with GS, but if you look back at my previous posts I did with CN .
And I have not said anything bad about Good Sam and I am happy with Coach Net so to each his own...
Old 07-10-2013, 11:55 AM   #26

Thor Owners Club
Good Sam has been good to me and has saved our butts the few times we've needed them. No complaints here...
Old 07-10-2013, 12:22 PM   #27

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray,IN View Post

I agree. The CEO of Camping World/Good Sam Club, Marcus Lemonus, has a specific forum there to accept problems members submit.
Marcus Lemonus responding is a joke. I have posted and emailed about problems with their warranty agreement and never received a response. I am another person that will avoid CW in the future.
Dennis
Old 07-10-2013, 08:48 PM   #28

have used good sam twice for minor problems and several times just for operator to give me address of local area shop so i could drive directly there, never a problem