Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-12-2013, 01:06 PM   #43

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I did not expect them to pay for onsite repair, I wanted to have them send out a repairman (as I assumed they would know which ones provided good service) that I would pay, and if he then could not repair it. They would then arrange to tow it to a shop. She flat out told me that if they sent out a repairman they would not pay for the tow.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-12-2013, 01:27 PM   #44

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by cj5 jeeper View Post
I did not expect them to pay for onsite repair, I wanted to have them send out a repairman (as I assumed they would know which ones provided good service) that I would pay, and if he then could not repair it. They would then arrange to tow it to a shop. She flat out told me that if they sent out a repairman they would not pay for the tow.
So, she told you what they would do and you didn't and still don't like it? She gave you a choice either this or that.

Probably your best choice is not to have a towing service contract. That way you can call whoever you like and pay the full cost yourself.

Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 01:37 PM   #45

Here is the GS pdf. Says a lot.

http://www.goodsamroadside.com/images/pdf/GRA23402B.pdf

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 09:18 PM   #46

Winnebago Owners Club
I had somewhat of a frustrating experience with good Sam also yesterday. We were packed and ready to leave cg and RV wouldn't start. So we call our good Sam number. They said they would send someone out, but we would be charged for it. I decided to remove battery, have it tested and then I was able to get camping world to replace under warranty,so I had a good ending to story but now I have road side asst and ext warranty and I am wondering how painful good Sam will make it , you have to have a problem assessment, good Sam has to agree with diagnosis, and there is alot of red tape and associated frustration. I wonder if this good Sam plan is going to be useful. I also have another issue I may try to use it on, a toilet has a leaky fill valve and needs to be replaced. I have already spent some time on this with good sams,wow the paperwork read to justify a claim is time consuming. I think they make it difficult to discourage claims.
Old 10-12-2013, 10:08 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvtime2 View Post
I had somewhat of a frustrating experience with good Sam also yesterday. We were packed and ready to leave cg and RV wouldn't start. So we call our good Sam number. They said they would send someone out, but we would be charged for it. I decided to remove battery, have it tested and then I was able to get camping world to replace under warranty,so I had a good ending to story but now I have road side asst and ext warranty and I am wondering how painful good Sam will make it , you have to have a problem assessment, good Sam has to agree with diagnosis, and there is alot of red tape and associated frustration. I wonder if this good Sam plan is going to be useful. I also have another issue I may try to use it on, a toilet has a leaky fill valve and needs to be replaced. I have already spent some time on this with good sams,wow the paperwork read to justify a claim is time consuming. I think they make it difficult to discourage claims.
Did you read the pdf I provided?

page 9 states.

Mechanical repairs If necessary and whenever possible, depending on the RV disable- ment, there may be a local mobile mechanic available that can perform minor repairs or adjustments to your RV. In these situa- tions, we’ll attempt to bring a mobile mechanic to your location as an alternative to towing your vehicle. You are responsible for the cost of parts and labor.

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 01:01 AM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Did you read the pdf I provided? page 9 states. Mechanical repairs If necessary and whenever possible, depending on the RV disable- ment, there may be a local mobile mechanic available that can perform minor repairs or adjustments to your RV. In these situa- tions, we’ll attempt to bring a mobile mechanic to your location as an alternative to towing your vehicle. You are responsible for the cost of parts and labor.
Old 10-13-2013, 01:15 AM   #49

i had an issue with a hyperextended jack good Sam sent a guy out with a 3 ton jack and a socket set and no knowledge of what he was doing. After 1.5 hours he decided there was nothing he could do till morning you could not sleep in the coach the angel was so great.

Log story short called another person out had the jack removed in 20 minutes non good Sam paid him never got reimbursed had a 500. Deductible on the repair of said jack.

Camping World wanted close to 2000. For the repair I called a parts place that said they could have the defective part in a couple of weeks and would send it to us wherever we were 250.00 included shipping fixed it myself saved 250.00 and lost my monthly installment to Sam
Old 10-13-2013, 01:34 PM   #50

Winnebago Owners Club
I have on a plan when I got a used camper recently. I am hoping for better experiences in future.
Old 10-13-2013, 04:59 PM   #51

Quote:
I have on a plan when I got a used camper recently. I am hoping for better experiences in future.
good luck and safe travels it's all a crap shoot in the end we are full time one lot of fun even the problems we laugh a lot

A few years back we took a two week vacation that turned into two months of trying to get our rv home funny now but not then happy trails
Old 10-13-2013, 05:14 PM   #52

Quote:
i had an issue with mine yesterday no help from my policy as well we are looking for new coverage . Had a good company fix it seals etc cost 200.00 but worth it bye Sam Hello ?
Old 10-13-2013, 10:46 PM   #53

Good-by to Good Sam!

A couple of years ago I had defining experience with Good Sam. While driving my Dodge diesel pick-up from Alamogordo, NM. up the mountain to Cloudcroft, the truck died. I pull off the road and attempted a restart to no avail. I called Good Sam, told them of my problem and the vehicle I was driving, and after a short wait they responded that a tow truck would arrive in about 45 minute and I would be towed to XYZ shop. While I was waiting, I called XYZ shop to tell them the symptoms of the problem I was having and that I was being towed to their facility. I was astonished to be told that there was no reason to come there because they did not do diesel work. I called Good Sam back and told them what I had been told and suggested they tow me to the Dodge Ram dealer in Alamogordo, which was only about three miles past XYZ shop. I was informed that I would have to pay for the additional mileage. I told the operator that I was under the impression that Good Sam was supposed to tow me to the nearest facility capable of making repairs to my vehicle. I was put on hold for about 10 minutes. After the wait, I was informed that as a "gesture of good will", Good Sam would tow me to the Dodge Dealer. After that condescending conversation, I dropped Good Sam like a hot rock!
Old 10-14-2013, 05:20 AM   #54

Typical Good Sam I wish I knew where to go from here other than put that money in my own slush fund and have it sitting there
Old 10-15-2013, 09:16 AM   #55

Thor Owners Club
Good "Good Sam"

Fortunately, we have only had to use them once in the 3 years we have had the plan. I have to say they were excellent! We blew out a second tire in two days and didn't have a spare 10 miles east of Kingman on I-40. Within 45 minutes we had a tire company show up with a new tire and the equipment to mount it on the old rim. 45 minutes later we were on the road and didn't have to pay a thing out of pocket except for the tire. I'm sure there are many more stories like this one than the negative. We cannot complain about Good Sam.
Old 10-15-2013, 09:19 AM   #56

That's great hope your luck continues