Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-15-2013, 09:39 AM   #57

I needed to use them yesterday, 45ft motor home broke down. I managed to get off the highway but it was rush hour in Houston. Good Sam had a truck there in just about an hour and towed to an appropriate repair facility.
This was my first experience with using Good Sam and it was as pleasant as it could be (under the circumstances) and the towing company was very professional.
Just my experience

spinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-17-2013, 07:24 PM   #58

Winnebago Owners Club
I am glad it went well. I am sure I will need to use them sometime and its good to hear about to good experiences. I have gone thru their initial q uestions and explanations of coverage but I haven't elected to use them yet. I was fortunate to have my most recent "opportunity" in a campground and could drive the toad to get some parts. If it happens out on highway or remote area I will be calling .glad it worked out for you.

New to MH RVing,had TTs/HTT/PUPs/Tents, retired 2013,now have more time for church ministries,fam,friends, camping, we have 2007 WB Access 29T with 6.0L Chevy,25K miles,31' 2013 CRV AWD Toad/Falcon2/BrBuddy
rvtime2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 07:39 AM   #59

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvtime2 View Post
I am glad it went well. I am sure I will need to use them sometime and its good to hear about to good experiences. I have gone thru their initial q uestions and explanations of coverage but I haven't elected to use them yet. I was fortunate to have my most recent "opportunity" in a campground and could drive the toad to get some parts. If it happens out on highway or remote area I will be calling .glad it worked out for you.
If you wait till you need them to sign up it is too late. There is a 2 week waiting period before service begins.
dsbike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 07:27 PM   #60

Well, I was about to contact Good Sam but thought I would check here first. Wow. Glad I did. I accept that people have mixed experiences, such as mine with AAA but looks like the majority go for Coachnet.

Wish I had found this site 20 years ago.

GT
Greytraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 03:34 PM   #61

We have Coach-Net. On a recent trip, we got ready to leave the CG on Sunday morning, and the RV wouldn't start. Nothing. We decided not to do anything since it was Sunday, but on Monday morning, we called Coach-Net to see if they could recommend someone in the area. Better yet, they sent someone out (they were there within the hour), and the guy found our starter cable, where it connected to the starter, was loose. He fixed it and we were on our way. All we had to do was sign the invoice and say thank you. We have used Coach-Net three or four times, always would good results.
jollyjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 10:28 PM   #62

I just had a bad experience with Good Sam over the weekend. We are new RVers...this is the story of what happened this weekend...
"We have been busily sorting and packing all of our stuff, sold almost all of our furniture and giving away the things we can't sell. So my husband went to pick the motor home up from storage yesterday, and it wouldn't start. He called me to come out so that he could try jump starting the battery. No luck. We called the Good Sam roadside assistance number and they had someone else with a bigger charge box come out to jump it...still no luck. This first dispatch for a jump start was a mistake on GS's part as they had told me they would send a roadside mechanic. We called Good Sam back, and they then dispatched a mobile roadside mechanic. He looked at all kinds of possibilities, checking fuses, etc. but still no luck. My husband then called Good Sam back to see about towing the MH to a mechanic, but since they had already made two attempts to help, that was all they would cover.
I called Good Sam myself later in the day and appealed to them and they said that, in fact, they would cover towing to a mechanic since the roadside mechanic couldn't get the MH started."
So the next day... "after calling Good Sam yesterday afternoon and pleading our case, they agreed to provide and cover the towing service. Their representative had put me on hold and asked a supervisor, then came back and said that because the roadside mechanic could not get the MH started, they would cover the towing for us. My husband was not here when I was asked where I wanted the MH to be towed to, so I asked if I could call them back with that information. He told me to call back this morning and they would then do the dispatch for towing when I knew where we wanted it to go. All good so far...right? I did ask him if he was putting everything in the notes they document on the computer and wanted to make sure there would be no problem when I called back this morning and he assured me I wouldn't have to start all over when I called and reached someone new. Well...he lied!! Maybe not intentionally...but I have just gotten off the phone after spending more than 3 hours being shuffled back and forth to different people as I tried to explain and appeal my case. They just kept telling me that at this point I would have to pay for may own towing and then would say, "And how would you like to pay? It will be $295 for the first 10 miles and then $6.00/mile after that. We take all major credit cards." I asked to speak to a supervisor numerous times and was told they were busy. I asked if they could listen to the recorded message of my conversation with the young man yesterday who said he gotten approval to have the towing covered. They said they were too busy. At times, they became a bit rude to me. It was almost like they were saying I was lying about what I had been told yesterday. FINALLY, my persistence paid off and they got a supervisor on the phone, who was much more interested in hearing what I had to say. She was also trying to explain to me why they couldn't cover the towing. I asked her if she would just listen to the recorded phone conversation I had last night with their representative who made the promises to me to cover the towing. She said she would listen to it and call me back. And guess what....she said that after hearing what was said on the recording, they would honor what I was told and that they will now cover the towing. But honestly, no one should have to go through what I just went through. I had to really persist to get to this point and it has worn me down. Rest assured, I will look for coverage elsewhere from now on and I can, with out hesitation, say that I will never recommend Good Sam for Roadside Assistance Coverage from now on! Did someone say Coach Net was good...lol? "
Old 02-10-2014, 11:53 PM   #63

Monaco Owners Club
So what was the problem with the coach in the end. Did it just need new batteries??
Old 02-11-2014, 08:05 AM   #64

Winnebago Owners Club
This type of post always explode. I have had GS for 12 years and never had a problem with road service or warranty (which I have used a lot) but I can not knock Coach Net they are good. It just seems to me it depends on who answers the phone. I must say things have changed since Marcus came on the scene.
Old 02-11-2014, 10:07 AM   #65

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by anwblack
....... My husband was not here when I was asked where I wanted the MH to be towed to, so I asked if I could call them back with that information.
I agree you should not have had to go through all that you did. I can't help but wonder how it might have turned out had you been able to tell them where to tow it in the first place. Also curious as to what the problem was - and if you have the GS ESP how that went.

I have both their roadside and ESP and my experience has always been great. Will keep my fingers crossed.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 11:20 AM   #66

we have had GS Roadside Assistance for several years and have had too use it several times .... we learned a few things long ago, first competence of the person you get on the will vary widely .... we live just south of Raleigh, NC and once broke down while on the interstate beltline that circles the city .... much to my surprise, the lady call back and told me that there weren't any tow companies in the area that could handle our rig .... we needed to be towed less than 10 miles to the place that could work on our truck and I told her to call them to find a tow company .... she did and guess what, there were a bunch of them .... in the end we got towed .... second, the quality of service the folks they have contracts with varies widely .... some help we have received was excellent, some was pretty bad .... third, there is no correlation between the quality of service you can expect from the persons you talk with

Jim
Old 02-11-2014, 12:24 PM   #67

Entegra Owners Club
Anwblack, I had almost the same experience that you had with towing on my insurance policy, also Good Sam's GMAC. I made a post not as detailed as yours, but 6 months later someone in GS management read the post and a check showed up in the mail for what I paid for my tow bill after I was denied coverage.
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 01:54 PM   #68

Steve...the motor home is at the shop right now...got towed there yesterday. We are still waiting to here from the mechanics as to what they find wrong. I post an update when I hear. Thanks for asking.
Old 02-11-2014, 01:58 PM   #69

flaggship 1 (Steve)...The reason I didn't tow where they suggested was because I didn't know of they place they were talking about...a freightliner facility 4 miles down the road. As it turns out, the location and phone number they had for said "freightliner" is where for the Baptist Church in town...there is no freightliner. That is why we didn't ok that tow. Wonder what would have happened had we set it up for that??? We are still waiting to hear from the mechanics as to what is wrong with our MH. What is the GS ESP?
Old 02-11-2014, 02:02 PM   #70

This is an update as of this morning. An administrator who follows postings on forums saw one of my forum posts like the one above with the complaint. I received a timely response and phone call from him in regards to my complaint. I can only echo others who were contacted by someone in saying that I really do appreciate that they do take our concerns seriously. The fact that they put a face to their business is good to know. I was reassured that they will be addressing my concerns and issues with their staff, and will actually be using our experience as a discussion point in their training. Thank you to Zach for reaching out to us and for handling this in both a professional and compassionate way and for taking responsibility and not just trying to make excuses. It is much appreciated and although we are hoping for no more issues that we will be needing assistance with on our motor home, we now have the confidence to know that Good Sam will be there for us if and when we do need them.