RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-16-2018, 01:33 PM   #1

Good Sam passing out free year memberships?

I got got a letter from Good Sam today that said I have been selected to receive a complimentary one year membership. I had a two year membership and I let it lapse a couple of months ago. I used it at a couple of campgrounds but most of the state and federal parks we like don't accept Good Sam. We'll use a commercial campground if we have to but that's pretty infrequent. I bought a few things from the Camping World retail store but most of my purchases are off of Amazon. You save a few cents a gallon at Flying J but I'm not going out of my way to fill up and save $1.00. I've never bought a camper from then and I've never had them do any service work. (I know better than that )I'm certainly not considered one of Camping World's premium customers.

I read all the fine print and I don't see the catch. I just wondering if others have gotten the free membership offer. It even comes with a $10 merchandise certificate.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-16-2018, 01:49 PM   #2
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
I too got the offer. We were GS members when we 1st bought our coach, even went to one of their big rallies, but quickly got tired of being bombarded, both via email & snail mail, with all the offers & let it lapse years ago. I guess I'm still in their database but even a free membership w/the credit isn't enough to entice me to let them get their hooks into me again. The offer promptly went into the shred bin.

Lori-

Lori & Dave - FMA #3415 | FMCA #F419886 | RV/MH Hall of Fame Lifetime Member
2006 Fleetwood Bounder 36Z & 2014 Honda CRV EX-L AWD, My iRV2 Photo Albums
How is it one careless match can start a forest fire but it takes a whole box to start a campfire?
Old 02-16-2018, 02:28 PM   #3

Got mine a few months back, they also sent a $10 coupon
Old 02-16-2018, 05:49 PM   #4

Jayco Owners Club
I can't afford any more free stuff.
US Army 1968-70 SETAF 559th HHD S4
Old 02-16-2018, 07:02 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonavonP View Post
I can't afford any more free stuff.
Don't care about anything to do with Good Sam Club for reasons I'm not allowed to say here...
Old 02-16-2018, 07:40 PM   #6

When I cancelled the road service with Good Sam for leaving me stranded with for punctured tires I also was going to drop good Sam club but they don't return any of the dues if you cancel GS Club..I also would not accept a free membership when this one expires.
Old 02-16-2018, 07:57 PM   #7

After Good San leaving me stranded with 4 flat tires I don't think I would take a free membership even a lifetime if it was offered.I still have some time left on current membership then I am out also.
Old 02-16-2018, 08:04 PM   #8

Foretravel Owners Club
Nope!
Old 02-16-2018, 08:05 PM   #9

Country Coach Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I'm a charter lifetime member, I don't get any free offers from them, not even the free magazine I was promised when I joined.
Old 02-16-2018, 08:10 PM   #10

I have been a good Sam member for over 25 yrs and I think there has been some major changes. And definitely not for the good.
Old 02-17-2018, 10:34 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badlands Bob View Post
I got got a letter from Good Sam today that said I have been selected to receive a complimentary one year membership. I had a two year membership and I let it lapse a couple of months ago. I used it at a couple of campgrounds but most of the state and federal parks we like don't accept Good Sam. We'll use a commercial campground if we have to but that's pretty infrequent. I bought a few things from the Camping World retail store but most of my purchases are off of Amazon. You save a few cents a gallon at Flying J but I'm not going out of my way to fill up and save $1.00. I've never bought a camper from then and I've never had them do any service work. (I know better than that )I'm certainly not considered one of Camping World's premium customers.

I read all the fine print and I don't see the catch. I just wondering if others have gotten the free membership offer. It even comes with a $10 merchandise certificate.
They should know what it's worth!
Old 02-19-2018, 02:17 PM   #12
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Unfortunately this thread had turned political. All of those posts have been removed and this thread is now closed.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Closed Thread