RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-06-2019, 12:34 PM   #1

Good Sam renewal

Yesterday I renewed my Good Sam Club. 1 year $29, 2 yrs $50 & 3 yrs $75. I asked Rebecca what happened to the military/veteran discount. She said they are no longer offering a military/veteran discount. Good Sam is issuing 1 year at a time FREE to military/veterans instead. But it must be done within a Camping World store so proper ID can be confirmed. Rebecca also stated you can go into any store and they will add the 1 year free to your current account.
THIS IS GREAT NEWS!!!
I went ahead and bought a two year and next time I'm near a Camping World I'll stop in and add a free year to my account.
A big shout out thanks to Good Sam for taking care of our men and women!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-06-2019, 01:01 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
WOW! Thanks for the heads up.

I'll head over to our local Camping World with my DD214.

Don't know where I'm going, spose I'll get there anyway.
Arch Hoagland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 01:04 PM   #3

Thanks for the information. I’ve been paying all these years.
tbos1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 01:28 PM   #4
NRR

Solo Rvers Club
That is great news. However many years ago the man was at his new store in Madison WI and he offered those present a life time membership for $35. So now I am a lifer.
NRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 06:01 PM   #5

Ok, I may have to renew my GS membership after all. Thanks for the heads up!
Old 03-06-2019, 07:27 PM   #6

Country Coach Owners Club
I always carry a copy of my DD214 so we shall see
Old 03-06-2019, 08:43 PM   #7

In Arizona, military veterans can have the word ‘Veteran’ added to their drivers license. I suspect other states may offer the same. I had it added to my license as I always have it with me, and I never know when it may come in handy to prove my veteran status. The next time I am in Camping World, I will use it to extend my membership for free. Thanks for the heads up!
Old 03-07-2019, 06:42 AM   #8

Well that is good news if I understand correctly. I am not a Good Sam member at the moment. If I walk into a Camping World store and present my military ID I am given a one year membership free?
frizfreleng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 06:52 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmeadows1 View Post
In Arizona, military veterans can have the word ‘Veteran’ added to their drivers license. I suspect other states may offer the same. I had it added to my license as I always have it with me, and I never know when it may come in handy to prove my veteran status. The next time I am in Camping World, I will use it to extend my membership for free. Thanks for the heads up!
California has the same thing. I was able to add it to my license.
Old 03-07-2019, 07:10 AM   #10

Country Coach Owners Club
Quote:

Forgot about the drivers license. South Dakota will put veteran on your license if you show proof
Old 03-07-2019, 07:23 AM   #11

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
In Arizona, military veterans can have the word ‘Veteran’ added to their drivers license. ... snip ...
Texas too!
Old 03-08-2019, 05:47 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhodesaz View Post
Yesterday I renewed my Good Sam Club. 1 year $29, 2 yrs $50 & 3 yrs $75. I asked Rebecca what happened to the military/veteran discount. She said they are no longer offering a military/veteran discount. Good Sam is issuing 1 year at a time FREE to military/veterans instead. But it must be done within a Camping World store so proper ID can be confirmed. Rebecca also stated you can go into any store and they will add the 1 year free to your current account.
THIS IS GREAT NEWS!!!
I went ahead and bought a two year and next time I'm near a Camping World I'll stop in and add a free year to my account.
A big shout out thanks to Good Sam for taking care of our men and women!
Doesn't look like it is happening here in Florida, at the moment. Called Camping World in St. Augustine after I read your post yesterday morning. After the phone ringing dozens of times and being transferred twice I ended up with CC the bookkeeper. She knew nothing about the offer that you say you received. She took my name, phone number, I read her your post and I emailed her the link to your post. Now, 24 hours later I have heard nothing. I will follow up later today if there is still no response and well, we'll see.
frizfreleng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 05:58 AM   #13

https://www.justformilitary.com/good-sam-club

This describes a discount for ACTIVE military.

Since Good Sam is discontinuing its Trip Planner, I perceive a loss in value. Good Sam does not offer a refund for club membership ... even when services have been eliminated.
Old 03-08-2019, 07:46 AM   #14

I'd be interested to hear if GS actually honored this as they don't seem to advertise it. I find many corporate military discounts are very specific on how they define a vet. Home Depot will not honor their military discount unless you have a VA issued veteran card or a current issue military ID (CAC card). I didn't retire from the Army but had 15 years in. I have no retirement card and I got rejected from the VA when I tried to get in their system so walking into Home Depot with a DD-214 is useless.