Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-29-2014, 10:07 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Good Sam Roadside Assistance comes through

My recent experence with GRS was not as I expected. All they did for me was call a company to send a tech out.

We pulled into a campground near Louisville, KY on 1/21/14. An employee lead us to the RV site. I got out of the motorhome to go to the office and check in. As I walked towards the rear of the coach I noticed one of the outside duals was flat and the tire was seperated from the rim. No visible damage at all, except the valve stem. We had driven throuht 2 days of icy slush on the road and a 6" ball of ice had formed around the valve stem extension. The valve stem broke off right at the point the extension was attached. Since I had no indication of the flat and there was no damage to the tire I can only assume that it happened when lifted the tag axle to make a sharp turn into the RV Park.

GRS also wanted me to purchase a tire UP FRONT and I told them no. They then told me they would pay for nothing since they would be liable for anything that happened due to a proper repair being made. All I needed was a valve stem replaced!

About 45 minutes later the truck showed up, had me drive the coach up on a block placed under the inside tire, then he replaced the valve stem with the wheel still on the coach and the tire on the rim. Aired it up and handed me a bill for $247.71. $85/hr for repair to the tune of 1.5 hours, $85.00 for the trip, $32.30 for mileage, $2.75 for a valve stem and .16 tax.

texnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-29-2014, 10:09 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Update to my GRS Claim.

A couple of days ago I used the Contact Us form at the GRS website and explained my concern that I had been a GRS member since 2009 and had never filed a claim then the first one I called them on the denied.

I also found the GRS webpage that would allow me to file an online claim and send them a copy of the invoice.

The day after submitting the forms, I received a phone call from a GRS Customer Service rep saying they were checking into it.

Today I receivied a phone call from GRS telling me that a check for the full repair was being mailed to me and they were going to review the proceedures with their dispatch desk!!

I am a Happy Camper again!

texnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 10:16 AM   #3
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
That's great Ronnie! Glad they decided to do the right thing!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 10:26 AM   #4

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via Skype™ to JJH3rd
Whew! I'm glad to hear that GRS came through! I've had to use them twice - once for my pickup and once fr the MH and both time the results were good.
JJH3rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 04:45 PM   #5

Freightliner Owners Club
My inside dually went flat for the exact same reason....valve extension. GSC didn't require a new tire....didn't even come up in our conversation. They sent a tire dealer out...no charge.
Old 01-29-2014, 04:56 PM   #6

Thanks for this post.
Everyone makes mistakes but it is good to know the company is still there to do the right thing.