Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-22-2013, 05:12 PM   #15

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Thanks for all of your replies, since finding happy consumers of The Good Sam Travel Assist has been non-existent, guess we'll file their Registration Certificate in the can. Thanks again and be safe til all that bad weather disappears and the Sun shines upon us once again.
Tom and Barb
2000 Bounder 39Z
tnrvers is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-23-2013, 10:38 AM   #16

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via ICQ to Fred and Bonnie
Travel Assist is like Roadside Assistance, you hope you don't need it, but you still have it.

fred
Fred and Bonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 06:13 PM   #17

Good Sam Travel Assist Plan

Not sure if you're still looking for information on the subject plan but I was able to find a detailed description of it here: http://dcd96xmek71bc.cloudfront.net/...escription.pdf

As you can see, it's a PDF file that should give you the opportunity to read up on the plan before you'll get the next offer, which I'm sure you will.

Hermann
Old 07-01-2013, 08:44 AM   #18

Just to add my dimes worth, We have Good Sam Roadside Asst. On this trip we blew the right rear tire on our 37' Cougar 5er. That took out the front tire, this was just outside Barstow Ca. We called GS Road Asst. They were quick to have help, and we were on our way in an hour or so. BUT We lost a tire on the left side 50mi. Out of Tuba City Co. Called the 800 number for Asst. and nobody answered, even ONSTAR could not get them! Luckely I could change this myself, and we made it to Mesa Verde ok. Now I have 4new tires, hope those issues are behind us. Point is where was Good Sam out in the middle of nowhere?
thomasfritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 10:20 AM   #19

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasfritz View Post
Just to add my dimes worth, We have Good Sam Roadside Asst. On this trip we blew the right rear tire on our 37' Cougar 5er. That took out the front tire, this was just outside Barstow Ca. We called GS Road Asst. They were quick to have help, and we were on our way in an hour or so. BUT We lost a tire on the left side 50mi. Out of Tuba City Co. Called the 800 number for Asst. and nobody answered, even ONSTAR could not get them! Luckely I could change this myself, and we made it to Mesa Verde ok. Now I have 4new tires, hope those issues are behind us. Point is where was Good Sam out in the middle of nowhere?
If even Onstar couldn't raise them, I'm thinkin' there was a connection problem way out there in the desert...

That having been said:

Yours is a classic example of the domino effect of blown tires on a trailer...I wonder how many folks know that when a tire blows at highway speeds, the sudden loading/ shock often causes interior damage so great to the remaining tires that replacement is often called for. (Always called for per remaining tire on the same side).

I'm surprised that one of the four tires evidently survived this event!
Francesca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 07:17 AM   #20

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Good Sam Travel Assist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyer52 View Post
It sure would be nice if we could hear from someone who has actually bought and USED this policy.

We have been tossing this around and will probably go for it before we leave on our extended trip this Summer and Fall.

As with most of this type "protection", I'm sceptical but for a 100 bucks I guess it's worth my wife's peace of mind.
I think we're missing the point, the Travel Assist is for when you travel with or without the MH and get sick or hurt, this will not only act as a "second opinion" service to be sure the Dr. treating you in a away from home scenario is able to help, but the real advantage is that, if you can not get back home, they will fly you home, or to a closer better hospital, you and your wife, and see that your MH gets home safely also. If say, on a cruise you get sick, this will helicopter you from the ship and take you to a medical facility experienced in your problem, and get you home after. It is very interesting, and very reasonable especially if you have any "conditions" that may cause trip interruption.
denbob4369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 11:56 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyer52 View Post
It sure would be nice if we could hear from someone who has actually bought and USED this policy.

We have been tossing this around and will probably go for it before we leave on our extended trip this Summer and Fall.

As with most of this type "protection", I'm sceptical but for a 100 bucks I guess it's worth my wife's peace of mind.
It's not $100, according to the postcard I received last week. It is $59.99 for 1 year. "Call 888-853-7333 and renew today" is printed on the card. The details are on the GS website, you don't have to sign-on to read the benefits.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
travel