Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-28-2014, 06:16 PM   #1

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Good Sam Travel Assist

I received an application from Good Sam to purchase the Good Sam Travel Assist. In reading through the info, it appears that in the event of health problems when traveling, the program would look after and pay for all the things that would need to be taken care of, except it does not cover actual medical expenses.

What do you think?

Jim

Canada, eh?
Papa_Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-28-2014, 06:45 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
I got the same package in the mail last week also. Convincing story about the guy who needed medical attention.

I'm not purchasing the coverage, seems like we spend enough on insurance, AMA, etc.

Mjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 09:35 AM   #3

This not insurance. It is a purchased plan that can be changed by the provider without recourse.
Old 07-29-2014, 09:39 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjay View Post
I got the same package in the mail last week also. Convincing story about the guy who needed medical attention.

I'm not purchasing the coverage, seems like we spend enough on insurance, AMA, etc.
Good Sam uses a US provider. As such, with the exception of Road Side Assistance, they are not valid to Canadians. If you call Good Sam, they will tell you.
Old 07-29-2014, 07:27 PM   #5

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dennis45 View Post
Good Sam uses a US provider. As such, with the exception of Road Side Assistance, they are not valid to Canadians. If you call Good Sam, they will tell you.
Great! If that's the case, I wish Good Sam wouldn't send me the information asking me to buy it. :roll eyes:

Jim
Canada, eh?
Papa_Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 07:48 PM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
Caution !!! This service does not cover pre-existing conditions.

Tags
travel