Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-07-2016, 04:17 PM   #1

Good Sam Travel Assist - what is it?

I'm interesting in what the GS TravelAssist benefit to "Return the Deceased Ramins" provision actually does. What does Good Sam actually do? What do they actually pay for. Do they serve as coordinating contact to get remains brought home? What do the surviving family members have to handle or coordinate on their own? What do surviving members have to pay for?

Has anyone actually used this benefit???
marsh_public is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-08-2016, 04:38 AM   #2

I am sure they would help with a death but I think it is for cases where someone gets ill and one needs to get the motor home home.
Old 08-08-2016, 05:06 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by marsh_public View Post
I'm interesting in what the GS TravelAssist benefit to "Return the Deceased Ramins" provision actually does. What does Good Sam actually do? What do they actually pay for. Do they serve as coordinating contact to get remains brought home? What do the surviving family members have to handle or coordinate on their own? What do surviving members have to pay for?

Has anyone actually used this benefit???
I would suggest calling customer support them and asking. They are pretty good of explaining exactly what is and is not covered. They listened to me one day for 30 min. when I had an issue.
jjostrander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 02:04 PM   #4

That (customer support) has not been my experience. They seem to be "fuzzy" about what they do in the event of death. I've sent email to support plus US Mail and so far have not gotten any answer.

My questions revolve around do the "assist" me get remains home or do they take a primary support position, especially around issues of permits and filings that need to be done to transport the remains. And do they pay for this or do they only pay for transport?

Also, I've talked with the Insurance Commission's office in my state, and this service is NOT under the Insurance Commission's jurisdiction. So there is no insurance "policy" than I can actually read.
marsh_public is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 03:55 PM   #5

Before signing up there is surely a complete explanation of what the Plan entails, otherwise people wouldn't sign up for it....or would they?

You need to read the fine print somehow to know what it's all about.

I don't know but I would think these plans...and there are others out there...would be mainly a 'support' system. They will not be filing documents on your behalf.

We were never interested in these plans so didn't investigate them. Good luck.

You might also do a post over on the Good Sam forum. There's a special section for 'Good Sam' issues. RV.net or Woodalls.com are two portals to the forum.
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 11:51 PM   #6

Page 12: http://images.goodsam.com/goodsamtra...TA_Premier.pdf

They return your motorhome to your primary residence if there is no one capable of driving it.
alvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 02:31 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvo View Post
Page 12: http://images.goodsam.com/goodsamtra...TA_Premier.pdf

They return your motorhome to your primary residence if there is no one capable of driving it.
Note that their take on 'primary residence' is the address on your driver's license. I wonder what they'd do with full-timers whose address is their mail forwarding service.

Read everything thoroughly because there are certain conditions, limitations and exclusions.

For many things they'll 'assist' you in making phone calls, reservations, etc. but you will be billed on your credit card.

Also, you are taken to a hospital near you during your travels....not at your home state. You don't get to choose which one.
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
travel