Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-07-2011, 01:41 PM   #15

Fleetwood Owners Club
The main reason we joined FMCA is that if you are on the road and you get sick or die they have volunteers that will return you and or your coach back to your place of residence. I am one of the volunteer drivers and I will be pleased to do this service for my fellow RV person. It is my understanding that you are expected to pay any costs, fuel, food, tolls, etc etc etc concerning the return of your coach and this would be cheap considering someone else will return your coach when you are not able to do same. Also, once a year (i think) there is a ''list'' of volunteer people that have parking space / camping space on their property that they will welcome you to stay as you travel. We have never taken advantage of this offerings but it is nice to know. The ''list'' is divided up into states with phone numbers and locations etc etc etc ...
For this reason alone I will take FMCA over any other offering......

God bless our troops and keep them safe ......

(note. If you use my advise on this subject you must pay me ten cents the next time you see me and if it dont work for you..... I NEVER KNEW YOU)

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-07-2011, 01:50 PM   #16

Newmar Owners Club
FMCA/Coachnet unbeatable! JMHO.

RJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 02:50 PM   #17

I joined both GS and FMCA. Both have advantages and the cost is low enough to get both. However, I do wish that GS would reduce the amount of junk mail they send me. After a while it can be overwhelming and you can't remember whether you rreceived a particular mailing already
Old 09-07-2011, 08:13 PM   #18

Country Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seajay View Post
........ It is my understanding that you are expected to pay any costs, fuel, food, tolls, etc etc etc concerning the return of your coach............
For this reason alone I will take FMCA over any other offering..........
You need to read about the new FMCAssist program. Up to $5,000 in fuel is paid for when returning your coach.

Here is an exert from the program.

"Emergency Evacuation (Class I, II, III, and IV)

The plan will pay a maximum amount of $300,000 Combined Single Limit for covered emergency evacuation expenses incurred if a member suffers an injury or sickness while he or she is on a trip (while traveling outside a 100-mile radius from his or her primary residence) that warrants an emergency evacuation. Benefits payable are subject to the Maximum Combined Single Limit shown for all emergency evacuations due to all injuries from the same accident. (Initial ambulance service from the scene of the accident to the medical facility is not reimbursed.)
Covered emergency evacuation expenses are the reasonable and customary expenses for necessary transportation, related medical services, and medical supplies incurred in connection with the emergency evacuation of the member. All transportation arrangements made for the evacuation will be by the most direct and economical route possible.
Expenses for transportation must be: (a) ordered by the attending physician, who must certify that the severity of the member's injury or sickness warrants his or her emergency evacuation and adequate medical treatment is not locally available; (b) required by the standard regulations of the conveyance transporting the member; and (c) authorized in advance by On Call; and (d) if you are traveling alone and after an evacuation you will be hospitalized for more than five (5) days, On Call will coordinate and pay for an economy round-trip airfare for the person of your choice to join you.
If the member is hospitalized and unable to travel due to a covered emergency evacuation, the plan will pay, subject to policy limitations, expenses for:
1. Return of dependent children. If the member is unable to travel due to a covered emergency evacuation, the plan will pay to return home (in the United States, Canada, or Mexico) any of the member's dependent children who were with the member when the injury or sickness occurred, including the cost of an attendant, if necessary. Should dependent(s) already have airline tickets, On Call will assist in the rebooking of their tickets if it is less expensive. Air travel for dependent children will be based on the cost of a one-way economy airfare ticket.
2. Bedside visit. The plan will pay to bring one family member or close friend to and from the medical facility where the member is confined if the member is alone and is hospitalized for more than five days following a covered emergency evacuation. The payment will not exceed the cost of one round-trip economy airfare ticket.
Full-Time RVers (Class IV)

If you are sick or injured the plan will either return you to your point of origin or alternatively transport you to a family memberís home within the member's home country if (1) you are unable to operate your vehicle and no one in your traveling party is capable of operating the vehicle or (2) your condition prevents you from traveling as a passenger in the vehicle, or it is deemed medically necessary that you be returned to a family member's home for inpatient hospitalization or rehabilitation, as determined by your treating physicians and our On Call physician adviser. This benefit will be approved only after your condition has stabilized or your condition has reached maximum medical improvement. If you are transported to a family member's home, this plan will not be responsible to return you to any other location.
Repatriation of Remains (Class I, II, III, and IV)

The insurer will pay a maximum amount of $300,000 Combined Single Limit for covered repatriation expenses to return the member's or covered family member's body to the United States, Mexico, or Canada, if he or she dies during the trip. Repatriation covered expenses are limited to the reasonable and customary expenses incurred to transport the body. On Call must make all arrangements and authorize all expenses in advance for this benefit to be payable.
Return of Traveling Companion

If you are traveling away from home and require an emergency medical evacuation, transportation after stabilization, or a return of deceased remains, the plan will pay for a one-way economy class ticket for one traveling companion to return to either your or their permanent primary residence.
RV/Vehicle Return (Class I only)

If you are unable to complete your trip because of sickness or injury the plan will return your RV and towed vehicles to your permanent primary residence and any rented vehicle to its primary location. The service provider or someone in your traveling party or other family member can return the vehicle(s). If you have someone in your party who can drive the vehicle, the plan will reimburse you for gas, tolls, and $100 per day for incidentals ó food, lodging, etc. (Expenses must be submitted with a receipt.) If someone has to meet the vehicle the plan will pay one-way economy airfare to the vehicle, but not the return. The plan will not pay more than it would have cost to have the vehicle returned by a service provider."
Old 09-07-2011, 08:26 PM   #19

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dons2346 View Post
The only one was the Perry winter convention.

This is an excellent reason to belong to FMCA FMCAssist emergency medical evacuation

It is included with your annual dues and Good Sam has nothing like this with its membership.
Nope, the were also welcome at the NW area rally in Albany OR.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 08:30 PM   #20

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Half Dimes View Post
FMCA must be very happy with their membership base. Even though it may open up some of its rallies to folks with towables, it still doesn't want them as members. There are a number of other RVing groups that aren't as exclusionary, and we select from among those.
You do realize that it was formed by converted bus owners and chartered for motorized vehicles that you can go from the drivers seat to the living area without going outside?
The club is called Family MOTOR COACH Association for a reason.
Old 09-07-2011, 09:28 PM   #21

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Joining FMCA, will let my GS membership expire.
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 10:13 PM   #22

I belong to both. They are totally different. Fmca is an organization of members. I get 1/10 th the direct mail from fmca as compared to good Sam. I personally do not have a problem with people sending me junk mail, but it does reflect the fact that good Sam is related to many commercial enterprises and fmca is not. Good Sam to me is an organization to sell me something like insurance, roadside assistance, financing, and on and on. Fmca just wants to sell you on participation in their club.

As I said at the beginning I use both and will keep doing that. They both have their purposes.
B Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 10:38 PM   #23

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
You do realize that it was formed by converted bus owners and chartered for motorized vehicles that you can go from the drivers seat to the living area without going outside?
It's kind of like going to a MH Resort and wanting to set up a tent, they don't have to allow it
Old 09-07-2011, 11:32 PM   #24

Maybe not!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billieg View Post
Sold my Class A and got a 5th wheel so I guess I kicked myself out FMCA
FMCA is studying the possibility of opening up a separate program that will fall under the organization.
The thinking is, its a family based structure that was formed to get families to spend time with like minded people and have fun.
The birth of the organization started with a small group of people that just happened to have self contained RV's,the rest is history.
If you look at the past 2 or 3 Rallies. They have been touted as Family A'fairs and Families with 5er's and TT's have been allowed to take part in the events.
Maybe not well publicized,but there just the same.
Families with friends that own Class B, C and A Coaches could get together at FMCA Rallies.
They are testing the waters at the time, not going to say all are in favor.
This is going to be a process and just because one does not have a self contained unit, should not peclude other Campers from taking part in the seminars and visit venders and mix with other like minded families.
This could be interesting to watch from the inside.

Dick.
Old 09-08-2011, 12:45 AM   #25

I have both. I like the magazines. I find the plaque on my coach often begins conversations at campgrounds, a nice way to meet people. I've gone to one rally from each, but I'm not really a rally person, so for now, I won't do it again. The annual fee is not really a big thing. So I belong to both.
Old 09-08-2011, 06:03 AM   #26

As I go over 'the benefits' of being a GS member,... none seem to apply to me. FOR ME, I just see 'no benefit' at all.
michigancamper
Old 09-08-2011, 11:55 AM   #27

Florida Cooters Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
You do realize that this forum is frequented by more than just motor home owners? The point I was trying to make is that FMCA is not a choice at all for a good number of iRV2 members.
Old 09-08-2011, 02:46 PM   #28

I don't see what's tthe big deal. If FMCA family Motor Coach association is designed for coach owners what's wrong with that? Trailer Life magazine is for trailer owners... Boy Scouts are for Boys...etc etc