Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-24-2017, 09:56 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by iawia View Post
I just posted a similar query on another forum. We paid for membership along with purchases at CW last September but received nothing until this week when new membership cards arrived that expire in 7 days. Nothing else. I can't see that GS is worthwhile.
Call them. Besides all of the previous benefits mentioned, they also have a decent trip planner for members.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-25-2017, 08:49 AM   #16

Winnebago Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Note: The Good Sam Club is a for profit entity. It is owned by Camping World Holdings, Inc. which went public on October 7, 2016. Currently stock price (CWH) is $31.08.

Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 09:02 AM   #17

Winnebago Owners Club
I joined when I bought my King Tailgater - they had a sale price that was less than online, and the savings more than paid for a 1 year membership. I have since had some additional savings as a result of being a member, but like all of these reward programs, it really depends on your camping style. I would like to point out however, that I was very surprised at how good the RV trip planning application is - I am quite impressed with the amount of information available and how easy it is to use.

In summary, I'm not big on clubs, but this one will most likely pay for itself somewhere along the way for the vast majority of us.
PackerPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 12:07 PM   #18

I've used GS send CW nearly 40 years.
Broke down In a pickup camper on the grapevine in the late 70s made it to CW Valencia CA stayed the night before it was a thing.
In the morning one of the staff drove me to a Datasun dealer where I bought ap new fuel pump.
Th lent me some tools and let me repair my truck right there.
In early January this year I was getting ready for a family trip from Los Angeles to Colorado and my wipers were shot.
They were the only place that had them and the let me in early Monday morning so I could keep my departure schedule.
They're not everything for everybody but I'm glad they are around.
Always feel a little reassured when I pass one on our travels.
I use their roadside assistance and insurance and warranty 7 year and have not been disappointed yet.
Old 03-25-2017, 12:47 PM   #19

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkresge View Post
Sometimes you save a lot more than 10%, during sales, special events, and certain product promotions.

Roger

Yesterday, I went to the local Camping World to pick up a few things. Besides my membership discount through Good Sam, I had a $10 coupon that made my $34 purchase a $24 purchase.
ArmandV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 03:50 PM   #20

Quote:
I just posted a similar query on another forum. We paid for membership along with purchases at CW last September but received nothing until this week when new membership cards arrived that expire in 7 days. Nothing else. I can't see that GS is worthwhile.
According to your post on 'the other forum' you said the 'membership card' that stated it expired in 7 days was offering roadside service.

Sending out those phony cards is an advertising gimmick. They aren't real cards. You'll see them coming in the mail often if you get your membership. There is a way to have them stop sending junk mail by calling or online. It really does work. Do that when you investigate where your membership information/official card, is.

I suggest you call Good Sam (not Camping World) and explain that you signed up in September. Do you still have the receipt from those purchases and your membership? That would help.
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 04:56 PM   #21

Forest River Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Sam

We are life members of Good Sam. I have saved plenty at campgrounds and different things. I use the trip planner on the web site all the time. It is good to be able to plan your route. It will show you not only Good Sam parks but others as well if you ask it to. It also shows you the Pilot and Flying J stations. It will even show you places to eat and shop.
lee&rita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 07:34 PM   #22

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We are also Good Sam Life Members. Went life when they offered a promotional deal on life memberships many years back before they got rid of the separate Good Sam Magazine. Even without the magazine I think it is worth it. I am probably close to breaking even with the discounts at the campgrounds and the value I get from the Trip Planner website. Don't think much of Camping World's work and prices so I don't get much use of the discounts there and because of my concerns about CW I shy away from their other offerings (insurance, etc.).
Member FMCA F421963, GS Life, SKP#127220, WIT, PA,
Robmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 08:33 AM   #23

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I'll buy stuff at the Camping World store. But I'll never again have their service department work on my RV.
ArmandV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 10:41 AM   #24

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hgrace56 View Post
I've used GS send CW nearly 40 years.
Broke down In a pickup camper on the grapevine in the late 70s made it to CW Valencia CA stayed the night before it was a thing.
In the morning one of the staff drove me to a Datasun dealer where I bought ap new fuel pump.
Th lent me some tools and let me repair my truck right there.
In early January this year I was getting ready for a family trip from Los Angeles to Colorado and my wipers were shot.
They were the only place that had them and the let me in early Monday morning so I could keep my departure schedule.
They're not everything for everybody but I'm glad they are around.
Always feel a little reassured when I pass one on our travels.
I use their roadside assistance and insurance and warranty 7 year and have not been disappointed yet.
Glad to hear that the Valencia CW is still getting the job done. Used to live near them and always got good service from them.

Glenn
Old 03-27-2017, 01:01 AM   #25

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Triple E Owners Club
Thanks for the replies to my post. Apparently my DW called GS a month ago. They had the wrong address. We received member cards two weeks ago and the weird ones I posted about last week. I guess I should listen to my DW more often, at least that's what she says. ��
Old 03-27-2017, 06:50 AM   #26

Quote:
I guess I should listen to my DW more often, at least that's what she says. ��
If you don't, you'll never hear the end of it. Just sayin'...

Roger