Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-04-2012, 12:30 PM   #1
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
GoodSam and CoachNet ERS limitations.

Someone on one of the RV sites posted a summary of service limitations on CoachNet ERS, which I have copied below. It seems to me that they are leaving themselves some HUGE loopholes to get out of providing road service, especially the part about "improper maintenance" and "mechanical defects". That covers a LOT of territory!

"Mechanical Defects and Improper Maintenance
In case of mechanical disablement due to mechanical defects or mechanical
disablement due to a) improper maintenance, including but not limited to, use of
alternative fuel or improper fuel, improper servicing or drainage of fuel separator,
failure to maintain the battery during storage and prolonged periods of non-use, or
b) fire, flood, riots and other natural disasters, explosions, riots, and acts of
terrorism, Coach-Net shall assist you in finding assistance for your vehicle
but all service provider fees and other costs related to towing or other
roadside services shall be at your expense."

Below is a copy of Good Sam ERS coverage limitations.

"This Program does not service or offer reimbursement for the cost of parts (including keys), fuel, other liquids, or labor for repairs or installation of replacement parts. Other exclusions include expenses resulting from calls from cellular phones, storage charges, delays or displacement, or clean-up. Unless expressly listed in this benefit brochure, expenses incurred for hotels, meals, campgrounds, car rentals, taxi fare or airfare while your vehicle is disabled or being repaired are not included.
NO BENEFITS OR SERVICES ARE PROVIDED:
• In connection with driving or riding in any other vehicles
other than membership-owned vehicles.
• As a result of acts of God or nature (e.g.,floods,
hurricanes, tornadoes, earthquakes), fire, vandalism,
and snow removal.
• For vehicles with pre-existing mechanical disablement
conditions.
For each disablement event under this agreement, member is
entitled to a maximum of one hour of either Towing Preparation
Services or Recovery Services. Towing Preparation Services
include any of the following services: winch-out, extrication services
and preparation for towing. Recovery Services include winchout
or extrication services to allow the vehicle to proceed safely
under its own power. However, if disablement is caused solely by
an accumulation of snow by any means, the member will not be
entitled to any Towing Preparation Services or Recovery Services."

You have to decide for yourself which one gives the the most protection!

Good luck & God bless!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-04-2012, 12:52 PM   #2
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
MSHappyCampers.....I'm reading the above a little differently. First off, how would they know if you didn't maintain your coach from a service call where you're broken down on the side of the road. I think the above is more about multiple tows for the same issue. If you break down beacause you have a tank of ten year old diesel and every fifty miles it fouls your filters......I think they would not tow you after the first instance.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 02:45 PM   #3
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Don, I understand what you are saying. I'm just looking at the big picture. CoachNet is leaving themselves loopholes to get out of taking care of you. It seems to me that GoodSam is saying they will take care of you no matter what caused the problem. I know that's a broad interpretation but I called Good Sam ERS, read them the CoachNet policy, and asked if they had similar restrictions. They assured me that they didn't, and pointed out the section of the guide that I printed out above. I was about to switch to CoachNet, but this changed my mind. I'm not telling anyone else what to do, just suggesting that they read the fine print carefully before making a decision. Thanks for your comments!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 04:29 PM   #4

i lost two tires on my toad while in south dakota and called gs and they responded very quickly at no charge i had 1 tire go down causing the front wheels to turn hard left destroying the other tire i had the white rag on the steering wheel but the way the sun was i could not see it so when i got home i made a light that plugs into the lighter an can be seen even at nite
boweavel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 04:55 PM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
Smile

Here is Allstate RV Road Help. They don't care whose or what type of vehicle you are driving as long it isn't commercial. https://www.allstatemotorclub.com/amc/plans/plans.faces Personal Assist 24/7 Concierge 24-HOUR EMERGENCY SERVICE Roadside Assistance: UNLIMITED Benefit * Road and Towing Service Tire Change Service Fuel Delivery Lockout Service Trip Interruption: $1500 Benefit Arrest Bond Certificate: $2000 Benefit Quick and Exceptional Emergency Roadside Assistance for you and your family. 24/7. Driving a car, van, SUV, pick-up, motorcycle, or motorhome? You and your spouse are eligible for benefits in any non-commercial vehicle, whether you own, lease, rent or borrow it. We even cover your ATVs, trailer and other recreational vehicles. We'll get you back on the road...fast! Need a jump-start? A tire changed? Fuel delivered? A tow? Locked out? We have more than 35,000 service providers in our nationwide network. And there's no paperwork to worry about. Just sign the service provider's job ticket and drive on. It's that easy. Getting stranded interrupts your life. We'll ease the hassles. If you can't safely drive your car due to collision more than 100 miles from home, you may request Trip Interruption reimbursement for certain meal, lodging and transportation expenses up to $1500. A little help when you've been pulled over. Use your $2000 Arrest Bond Certificate** in lieu of cash—or to avoid surrendering your driver's license—if you're arrested for certain moving traffic violations. We'll make your life easier every day...not only when things go wrong. Being an Allstate Motor Club member means you receive special member privileges. These include our helpful Travel services - from mapping your travel route to suggestions on hotels and must-see destinations. You'll also find great savings on rental cars, restaurants, entertainment and more.
Triker56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 03:35 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
I've had CoachNet for 2 years now.

Used them twice and both times they provided stellar service.

Less than the quoted hour each time, the CN operator called back both times with the name of the service provider and their phone number, then the actual service provider called to let me know when they would be there.

Never paid a penny either time, other than the tip to the mechanic.

Never once was I questioned about maintenance. I agree a loophole may exist, just saying they have never tried to exploit it in my dealings with them.
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote