Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-04-2015, 05:42 PM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
Yes it would
Okie pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-04-2015, 05:52 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okie pilot View Post
I'm not Catholic but I'm gonna confess.
336muffin is winner winner chicken diner.
I got off the forum just a few minutes to early last night and did not see this post. As I was brushing my teeth about 11 pm I looked over in the shower and thought I would move the temp setting that I thought was the water valve. Short answer is I moved it out a little and bingo water.

Thanks for everyone's help and suggestions. I really do appreciate it.
Way Cool! Glad you got the problem figured out, and here I was ready to blame the last owner for pawning off a problem and not owning up to it!
Hit_the_Rhod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 05:55 PM   #17

Silly little problems are the best! No $$ spent and no sweat!
tinkerreknit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 06:55 PM   #18

Fleetwood Owners Club
Glad your here., have you checked the fluid in the radiator?
Would have said check the oil level but that would have been plane stupid!

Regardless of the problem, DW always ask if I checked the oil! Lol
Old 08-05-2015, 01:43 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Star Don View Post
"Okie pilot"......Your coach has what is called a manabloc water system. It's a manifold controlling water to various items in your coach. It allows you to shut off the water to various areas of the coach if a break in the line occurs. You need to find the manifold and make sure the water to the shower is turned on. It's pretty good size and should be in or near the water bay.

http://www.monacocoach.com//library/..._Signature.pdf
I agree with your evaluation. Check the manifold valves!
CarlGeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 02:02 PM   #20

The problem has already been resolved!
Old 08-05-2015, 02:04 PM   #21
Community Administrator

Good job , Muffin
Quote:
Originally Posted by 336muffin View Post
The problem has already been resolved!

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 05:53 PM   #22

Don't feel bad, I learned a long time ago that ignorance is not stupidity, ignorance is just lack of experience in that particular situation. Let me relate my last stupid problem. Purchased my first NEW RV, third overall, in early 2014 and had the usual small issues but nothing major. Since we mainly tailgate and are dry camping, I always used the gas hot water heater. Even when we would go to campgrounds, I would still just turn on the gas water heater, don't ask me why, I just did. Early this year we decided to park the RV in a campground and leave it for the summer so we could just visit on weekends. After about a month it occurred to me that I could use their electricity instead of my gas. Electric water heater wouldn't work, checked the breaker, took the cover off the WH to look for loose wires. Still no hot water.
Called the dealership and talked to the service manager and found out, 1, it's out of warranty. 2, it could be either the heating element or the thermostat. I told him to put both out on the counter and I would be by to pick them up. The next Saturday morning at the campground, I get up early, I get both parts out of the packaging. I get my tool kit out from underneath. I get my step stool out and set it up. I drag a table over to sit my tools on so I can reach them without stepping off the stool. I step up on the stool and remove the cover and sit it aside on the table. There is this big yellow warning tag hanging on the gas line and I move it aside in order to see better. Lo and behold , behind that yellow tag is the answer to my problems, a switch labeled ELEC W/H!!!
I put everything up, go inside and pronounce"It's Fixed". She was so proud.
Old 08-05-2015, 09:06 PM   #23

Monaco Owners Club
We just found a gen start/stop switch in the bedroom.

We've owned the thing a year and a half!
TMan59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 07:44 AM   #24

Texas Boomers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Welcome and greetings from East Texas be careful if you've never driven a rig of that size Colorado mountains will be a tough training ground
Old 08-09-2015, 10:27 PM   #25

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks everyone for all the advice and kind words. We made it to Silverton, CO yesterday without to many issues. The folk we were traveling with broke a belt and had to replace another one in OKC. Down for 5 hours no one would answer phone or send someone to do roadside assistance. Then they blew a tire on the trailer just short of Amarillo. Spent the night at wallyword got a new wheel and tire at Discount tire and made it on in to Silverton a few hours later then we figured but what the heck we're on vacation right?
My issues continue some bigger than others but one goes like this
1. Temperature light is coming on just in the climb. Gauge is at 205 when light comes on gauge don't register hot till 230. Is this normal? Just a safety to make sure I don't get to hot? Maybe a faulty sensor? Which one ( gauge or light)?
Old 08-10-2015, 06:18 AM   #26

Texas Boomers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
How much weight are you pulling in your trailer and do you have a fan override switch if you do I would turn that on at the bottom of any major climbs and turn off your dash AC . WHEN its this hot I run my gen and house AC's. I don't think you got hot enough to hurt anything as long as it cooled right down after you got to the top you should be fine do you have and pyrometer (exaust temperature gauge ) just as important as water temperature on a rig of your size pulling a trailer.
Old 08-10-2015, 06:35 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Glad your here., have you checked the fluid in the radiator?
Would have said check the oil level but that would have been plane stupid!

Regardless of the problem, DW always ask if I checked the oil! Lol
Tim, if you can check the oil level by looking in the RADIATOR, you have a MUCH bigger problem! LOL
Hit_the_Rhod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 10:49 PM   #28

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dealer53 View Post
How much weight are you pulling in your trailer and do you have a fan override switch if you do I would turn that on at the bottom of any major climbs and turn off your dash AC . WHEN its this hot I run my gen and house AC's. I don't think you got hot enough to hurt anything as long as it cooled right down after you got to the top you should be fine do you have and pyrometer (exaust temperature gauge ) just as important as water temperature on a rig of your size pulling a trailer.
I was pulling about 5 thousand pounds total. I don't think I have a fan override switch. ( haven't seen one anyways) I did shut my dash air off. It seem to help but the light would still come on pulling a grade. The temperature did drop as soon as you top out. I do not have an ETG. Well I do but it is on my plane not the moterhome.