Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-15-2018, 05:00 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Great fuel stop

Just a shout out for the Centex fuel stop where Montana 59 and I-94 cross. Pumps were angled so that they were easy to get in and out of, DW was driving and had no problems. I prepared to fuel up and inserted the card, selected 87 octane and watched. It seemed the $$ were going up too fast for the $2.79 a gallon I had selected.

I confirmed I was pumping 87. The $2.79 price was the only price per gallon displayed and the select button had the blue indicator on. When it clicked off at the $100 mark and I only had received ~ 27 gallons. I looked at the receipt and saw I had been charged $3.59 a gallon. I then reinserted the card and finished fueling. The second receipt showed a $2.79 a gallon price.

I took both receipts inside and explained that I had been overcharged for the first 27 gallons. The manager came over, took the receipts when he returned he said I have called my boss and the pump company. Both said such an error by the pump was impossible and I must have pushed the wrong grade the first time.

I know I did not because I noticed the price was going up too fast and at that time verified that the only price I could see was the 87 price on the screen showing $2.79 i even went to another pump to verify 2.79 was correct and it read the same.

To the managers credit he said I am going to believe you and refund the overcharge in cash which he promptly did.

Al in all, a great fuel stop and should we find ourselves there again we will certainly stop in.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-15-2018, 05:24 PM   #2

Something like this apen to me few years ago...but whit a snowmobile.....it have a 32 lt thank and the pump was saying i fill up 35 lt
shrekchatou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 05:32 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Don't forget to use the diesel nozzle when filling 'that' vehicle.
WinnieView is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fuel