Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-27-2015, 10:01 AM   #1

Great manners at it again - Neighbors

We are not camping, but went for the much needed walk this morning to walk off some thanksgiving dinner. To my suprise, I turn a corner and see a neighbor has his new trailer fully staged, all slides open, leveling jacks down and generator running at 6:30 am on a residential street. They also parked their other car across the street from the trailer allowing only a single lane for cars to pass with slides out. Granted, the city and HOA do not allow this. Of course that is besides the point of not being courteous neighbors. Ok rant over. People just amaze me.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Mod - I posted in the wrong area. Can you please move to general discussion?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-27-2015, 10:09 AM   #2
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
It takes all kinds, right?
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2015, 10:31 AM   #3

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I agree.

We've spent Thanksgiving at our daughter's house parked in the street. Glad she has a wide street, but we still try to be invisible. No slides, no leveling jacks, no generator, and no shore power. We bought this older coach because it has a floor plan where we do not need to put slides out.

Hpoe Ya'll had a Great Thanksgiving!

DKStall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2015, 07:43 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
At least they were considerate enough to not tie their dog on a 20 ft chain and set up their BBQ. Just kidding!
These kind of people think the world revolves around them.
Old 11-27-2015, 07:46 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKStall View Post
I agree.

We've spent Thanksgiving at our daughter's house parked in the street. Glad she has a wide street, but we still try to be invisible. No slides, no leveling jacks, no generator, and no shore power. We bought this older coach because it has a floor plan where we do not need to put slides out.

Hpoe Ya'll had a Great Thanksgiving!

That's a REALLY nice looking rig!
Hit_the_Rhod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2015, 11:32 PM   #6

How dare they violate the rules of the HOA, obviously they have no respect for people who tell them what to do at their own home, the nerve!!! But hey can you ever trust people who live in a place with an HOA? All are one and one are all...
89sandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 09:07 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89sandman View Post
How dare they violate the rules of the HOA, obviously they have no respect for people who tell them what to do at their own home, the nerve!!! But hey can you ever trust people who live in a place with an HOA? All are one and one are all...
So based on your frame of mind this is all ok? HOA or not, it was very inconsiderate of neighbors. Maybe you should look up the definition of inconsiderate. If you don't like HOA, then don't live in one. But to move into one and cry foul after agreeing to the rules is lost on me.
Old 11-29-2015, 09:17 AM   #8

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
This occurred in the street. The HOA probably has rules for parking and street use of it's owners so that if someone becomes a total jerk with how they or their guests park or use the street, they can be admonished or punished for causing problems in the neighborhood. As was said, if you buy in that neighborhood and don't bother to read the rules, you still agree to follow them and if necessary have them used against you. Boo hoo.

No sympathy at all for the road hog from me, and I hope they left enough room for a fire truck to get through.
Old 11-29-2015, 09:39 AM   #9

How close did you have to get to know the genet was running?i think that would be a deciding question. I doughty if you was sitting on the front porch of the house its sitting in front of you could even hear it.walking by on the sidewalk it should not bother you to much.
Old 11-29-2015, 09:53 AM   #10

Quote:
The OP also stated that the CITY had rules against it as well. Perhaps a call to the police stating that the way they are parked won't allow a Fire Truck to go through . . . .

I have parked on streets before. But unless I can park so my slide is to the curb, and in such a way that my slide doesn't protrude as far as the sidewalk, I don't extend my slide.

On the generator, if it's like most quality gensets, I'm not sure why running it would disturb anyone in the vicinity . . . .
Hit_the_Rhod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 10:12 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by halftimer View Post
How close did you have to get to know the genet was running?i think that would be a deciding question. I doughty if you was sitting on the front porch of the house its sitting in front of you could even hear it.walking by on the sidewalk it should not bother you to much.
The genset was audible as soon as I turned the corner. Just over a half a block away. It would be a safe bet that some homes heard it loud and clear inside their homes @ 6:30 AM.
Old 11-29-2015, 10:26 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by raineman View Post
The genset was audible as soon as I turned the corner. Just over a half a block away. It would be a safe bet that some homes heard it loud and clear inside their homes @ 6:30 AM.
My bad that's not acceptable.
Old 11-29-2015, 10:35 AM   #13

Perhaps you should give them a break...they are probably over the top happy about their new unit and are taking it all in. I can remember it like it was yesterday bringing our first "new to us MH" home and spending hours organizing it and admiring our new purchase. If it remains in the same state for more than a day or two then perhaps something should be said especially if it's a safety issue but in the meantime maybe the neighborly thing to do is congratulate them on their purchase , wish them luck and offer them assistance if they have any questions.

Our friends just bought a brand new 38" DP and had the neighbors over for Movie Night to showoff their new purchase. Thank goodness their neighborhood is friendly, accommodating and not judgmental.

Life is too short...
Car Dolly: Mini Cooper Clubman
vanbuskirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 10:42 AM   #14

Those horrible people, enjoying spending time with their friends, and family., on a family holiday.How horrible of them to do something that has almost no effect on you.
IamJerryP is offline   Reply With Quote