Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-05-2015, 09:04 PM   #43

Outdoors RV Owners Club
"Thats what jails are for"
For what? Parking violations?

This would never be a problem where we live, there would never be a spot large enough on either sidebof the street to park a RV.

Tried being normal once, worst 2 minutes of my life!
Rickeoni is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-05-2015, 09:21 PM   #44

Winnebago Owners Club
It is too bad that there has to be rules. So much for the "common sense" and courtesy that used to be the watch word of the day. If you got in trouble you knew you were going to get it worse at home. That is what we tried to pass on to our children.

But then television and the unruly behavior migrated to society. Young folks smart mouthing adults from a script has become the norm in everyday life.

I am more important so I do not have to follow the rules or an exception should be made. It is not going to get better.

Old 12-06-2015, 01:28 AM   #45

FWIW when I was around 50 I took a job for a few years at a local University. I avoided the parking lot around class change time. Too many privileged folks behind the wheel. I referred to it as all the special people. ;-)
Old 12-06-2015, 02:29 AM   #46

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest Grump View Post
If you were blocking or in disabled parking we wrote $295 city. If you argued or threatened $978 county. If really threatened call for backup - arrive code, verify infraction and wait for you to finish.
When I wrote for HC parking violations it was for over $400. I even had one admit that she was using a dead friends hang tag. Never did find out what the judge did with that one!
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 10:24 AM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickeoni View Post
"Thats what jails are for"

For what? Parking violations?

This would never be a problem where we live, there would never be a spot large enough on either sidebof the street to park a RV.

Marine situation at boat dock. Perp refused to move his boat for a broken down boat being bashed on the rocks with two young women in the water trying to save it. He refused my orders to move, tried to bully me, called for aid. Two sergeants showed up, one 300# the other female 6' and very fit and he went after them verbally. Oooops! Bad decision on his part.

Yes things can happen! That's why the radios have that little red buttons.
Old 12-06-2015, 10:36 AM   #48

And then there the ones that take their Animal for a walk and LET them do their BUSINESS on others property and DO NOT pick it up......
Old 12-06-2015, 02:16 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMTTRANSPORT View Post
And then there the ones that take their Animal for a walk and LET them do their BUSINESS on others property and DO NOT pick it up......
Now you're talking about some real idiots.
Old 12-07-2015, 08:54 AM   #50

I believe this pretty much answers the original post?

http://news.nationalpost.com/homes/c...n-his-own-spot
Jack1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 11:25 AM   #51

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I hope he didn't have one of his slides open on the street side. With his car parked opposite.

It has been quite a while since I read a thread on irv2 with so many rude comments. Almost like they were the offending party and trying to rationalize just plain inconsiderate behavior. So many folks think the world revolves around them. Oops, was that rude? Sorry.
CJ7ole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 06:22 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ7ole View Post
I hope he didn't have one of his slides open on the street side. With his car parked opposite.

It has been quite a while since I read a thread on irv2 with so many rude comments. Almost like they were the offending party and trying to rationalize just plain inconsiderate behavior. So many folks think the world revolves around them. Oops, was that rude? Sorry.
Slides were open on the street side. Not a rude post Ole and Anne, just truth. We see the world through the same goggles. Common sense, consideration for others, politeness, manners and courtesy are a dying breed. Proof is here on this thread.

Those that don't get it, sadly, never will.
Old 12-08-2015, 04:43 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMTTRANSPORT View Post
Do you rub the dog's nose or the owner's in the business? Just curious
Old 12-08-2015, 08:28 PM   #54

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Why not do both?
Old 12-08-2015, 10:04 PM   #55

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Read a thread about a guy parked in a truck stop who put his slides out taking up the only other parking space available and it "accidentially" got hit by a semi through the night.

My neighbor let their dog poop in my yard for a while. He quit doing this when my aim of throwing the offending item (with a shovel) landed directly on his porch where he stepped out.

Emergency vehicle here was trying to get to a house fire (with reported children inside) and car was parked where they could not get through. Fire truck moved the vehicle itself. Vehicle owner got billed for damage to the fire truck and city fine of $500 for blocking an emergency vehicle. Probably won't do that again.

Would be nice if we could go back to being courteous to each other.
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 09:03 AM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by timetogo View Post
Do you rub the dog's nose or the owner's in the business? Just curious
Owner....