Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-29-2015, 10:54 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanbuskirk View Post
Perhaps you should give them a break...they are probably over the top happy about their new unit and are taking it all in. I can remember it like it was yesterday bringing our first "new to us MH" home and spending hours organizing it and admiring our new purchase. If it remains in the same state for more than a day or two then perhaps something should be said especially if it's a safety issue but in the meantime maybe the neighborly thing to do is congratulate them on their purchase , wish them luck and offer them assistance if they have any questions.

Our friends just bought a brand new 38" DP and had the neighbors over for Movie Night to showoff their new purchase. Thank goodness their neighborhood is friendly, accommodating and not judgmental.

Life is too short...
I said good Morning and congratulations.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-29-2015, 10:56 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamJerryP View Post
Those horrible people, enjoying spending time with their friends, and family., on a family holiday.How horrible of them to do something that has almost no effect on you.

As stated earlier, takes all kinds. Consideration for others is not expecting much at 6:30 AM. I think you missed the point of the post.
Old 11-29-2015, 11:03 AM   #17

I can see both sides but I do think the generator running at 6:30 am is too much. They could have easily run a power line to their house and had enough power to run the furnace if they needed heating, and the other electrical needs. Hopefully this is a one time thing like said before. I probably wouldn't complain unless they do it on a continual basis.
Mike and Cha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 11:26 AM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
I live in a typical suburb (governed by city ordinances and without an HOA). Our street allows parking on one side of the street only. Fortunately, it's allowed on the side of the street that our house is on. I regularly park the coach in front of the house to load and unload. When I do - I park facing the "wrong direction" which allows me to open the wall slide that's on the driver's side of the coach (which allows to fully open the refrigerator doors) - and puts the slideout so that it extends over the curb and into our front yard.

While I usually run the generator - we observe reasonable "quiet hours" (never before 8 am ... never after 9 pm). When we first got the coach - we typically never let it sit there more than a couple of hours. However, now, when we're planning a morning departure - we'll bring it park it out front the evening before we leave. We've checked with folks how are directly impacted by it being there (i.e., the folks across the street who's driveway the coach sits in front of, the folks who live on either side of us who sometimes park out front, etc.) - and they're all cool with it. So far it hasn't been an issue.

If/when I want to park the coach near home to clean it (which is always a weekend chore) - I park it in the elementary school parking lot that's only a couple hundred yards away - accessible thru a sidewalk "right of way" between two houses around the corner from us. There I can extend all the slides and/or run the generator as I wish. I've spoke with the folks who's home we park behind when I park in the school yard - and he's got no issues.

I'd like to think we're as considerate as we can be about whatever inconvenience our parking a 44 ft long diesel pusher might cause our neighbors. Fortunately, none of our neighbors seem to care.
Old 11-29-2015, 11:39 AM   #19

FWIW the real stupid move was parking the car so there was only one travel lane. That would get me calling somebody to get their car ticketed and towed. Otherwise I don't care. The issue is getting emergency vehicle access. There was no reason to block it that way. Stupid behaviour like that invites retribution.
nothermark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 11:53 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by nothermark View Post
FWIW the real stupid move was parking the car so there was only one travel lane. That would get me calling somebody to get their car ticketed and towed. Otherwise I don't care. The issue is getting emergency vehicle access. There was no reason to block it that way. Stupid behaviour like that invites retribution.
Big deal, Hell, most side streets in Chicago are wide enough for only a single vehicle and are one-way to boot. Fire trucks, ambulances and coppers have no problem getting about on them. Nor do delivery trucks, moving vans etc.

Nah, your argument has no merit.
Menendez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 11:56 AM   #21

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menendez View Post
Nah, your argument has no merit.
It will suddenly have plenty of merit if your home is burning and the FD can't get to it faster due to parking problems, which change from time to time anywhere, I'm sure.
Old 12-02-2015, 12:04 PM   #22

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
It takes all kinds, right?
No, it really doesnt take all kinds. It is just that there are all kinds.
Old 12-02-2015, 02:03 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamJerryP View Post
Those horrible people, enjoying spending time with their friends, and family., on a family holiday.How horrible of them to do something that has almost no effect on you.

I think they ought to just set it on fire, then offer to help push it into their yard. That'd fix'em.
malexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 06:34 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bigmess View Post
It will suddenly have plenty of merit if your home is burning and the FD can't get to it faster due to parking problems, which change from time to time anywhere, I'm sure.

Firemen would have no problem getting eqipment down an open street; after all, the street in question was open, right? By your reasoning all streets should be wide enough to always allow two open lanes. Don't get me wrong, I lived on Austin Blvd. in Chicago and boulevards are nice. But not very practical as side streets.
Menendez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 08:15 PM   #25

Outdoors RV Owners Club
No, actually my reasoning is that folks should be a hell of a lot more considerate than a noticeable number of us and them are lately. After all, I just want them damn kids to stay off my lawn!

On that note, y'all should be aware that I have been in CA for a little over a month now, and since I'm headed to AZ next, I don't expect things to get much better. That info should help my current outlook be not much of a surprise.
Old 12-02-2015, 09:15 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bigmess View Post
No, actually my reasoning is that folks should be a hell of a lot more considerate than a noticeable number of us and them are lately. After all, I just want them damn kids to stay off my lawn!

On that note, y'all should be aware that I have been in CA for a little over a month now, and since I'm headed to AZ next, I don't expect things to get much better. That info should help my current outlook be not much of a surprise.
I think you'll be pleasantly surprised to find things are "much better" in AZ. That's just my opinion based on personal experience, having lived in both CA and AZ over the past 26 years. I also tend to be somewhat cynical, and find much less to complain about in AZ since retiring here in 2007. Your (and others) opinion may differ.

So as not to totally hijack this thread, I agree that the original poster has a valid point about the conduct of the offending party. Classic case of self-entitlement. I sometimes park my RV on the street for over the 48 hour limit if I have just returned from a trip and am leaving on another one before the end of the week. No slides out, no genset running, no sidewalks or street obstructed. Just common sense and consideration for others.
terryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 09:19 PM   #27

Great manners at it again - Neighbors

To the OP, et al:
If you can't fix it, get over it.
My nickers don't bind so easy.
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 09:39 PM   #28
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I personally don't know what the big deal is if one is following the local ordinances.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote