Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-11-2015, 07:33 AM   #1

Grey water won't drain

This makes the 4 th time since Jan that the kitchen ,bathroom sink shower won't drain,before it went out on its own after few hours this time clogged real good. We have a 2015 forester motorhome any ideas. TIA
jamesoak is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-11-2015, 07:53 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesoak View Post
This makes the 4 th time since Jan that the kitchen ,bathroom sink shower won't drain,before it went out on its own after few hours this time clogged real good. We have a 2015 forester motorhome any ideas. TIA
Will the gray tank drain? Or is it just the sinks & showers?
If it is just the gray tank that won't drain, I'll bet that the plastic "slugs" from when they cut the holes into the tank were not removed and they are plugging the drain. This is a common thing.
Old 08-11-2015, 09:02 AM   #3

Nothing to come out,it's all in the shower,sinks. How to remove the slugs?
Old 08-11-2015, 09:05 AM   #4

The commode drains fine,thank goodness
Old 08-11-2015, 09:42 AM   #5

Is it still under warranty? Has it ever been back to the dealer for these previous issues? If what you are saying is that when you open the gray valve at the sewer
connection you get nothing, then you might have to run a drain snake up the pipe to clear it. It also might require an inspection with a plumbing scope/ camera to check the source.
falconman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 09:45 AM   #6

It has a few issues but far from dealer so trying everything else.Thanks
Old 08-11-2015, 03:31 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
If the gray tank is empty, it most likely isn't a slug from the cutouts.

I would get a snake and work it through the drain. Get a bucket, put under a trap and take the trap apart. Push the snake from there. There is something stuck/plugging the pipes.
Old 08-11-2015, 03:47 PM   #8

Could it be your gate became disconnected from the pull handle and the gate is not opening at all now. Sounds like when it was slow it wasn't opening all the way, and now not at all. I would check the valve, by loosening some of the bolts and see if water starts to come out, at least your grey water isn't so bad. If that doesn't work then maybe something is blocking the vents.
Mike and Cha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 05:01 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike and Cha View Post
Could it be your gate became disconnected from the pull handle and the gate is not opening at all now. Sounds like when it was slow it wasn't opening all the way, and now not at all. I would check the valve, by loosening some of the bolts and see if water starts to come out, at least your grey water isn't so bad. If that doesn't work then maybe something is blocking the vents.
That could it as well! You should feel resistance as you pull the valve. If it goes really easy, it could be broken or disconnected.
Old 08-11-2015, 05:11 PM   #10

Thanks guys,we have a Plummer coming with camera,gonna send the bill to forest river,yea right,like they would pay it. I lifted the jacks,the water rushed right out have no idea what that had to do with anything but it worked for now.i will keep you posted.thanks again..
Old 08-11-2015, 05:24 PM   #11

Tiffin Owners Club
I like some of these ideas mentioned to check. On my grey, I'm not sure it drains properly. Not to step on your thread, but mine drains slow too and I often wondered if it was a plug that was blocking the opening. I'll watch here to see what happens and other recommendations. Isn't there a way to look down into the tank and see if it is draining and a possible bad sensor reading? Just a thought??
Old 08-11-2015, 05:40 PM   #12

That was short lived my wife done dishes water drained to shower,still there. Still waiting on Plummer....:
Old 08-11-2015, 05:42 PM   #13

I forgot to say 2015 Forester 3011 DS,still under warranty,long haul to dealer.
Old 08-11-2015, 06:27 PM   #14

Most likely problem is plugged drain line sink and shower share the same drain line going into the grey tank. Probably grease hair and all that gunk that builds up in drain lines. Stop at your local hardware and buy a drain snake around twenty dollars and reusable, remove the p trap under the sink (put a bucket under it to prevent a mess) push the snake through the pipe when it won't go any further turn the handle it will clear the blockage. It's no fault of the manufacturer drain lines plug it's just part of life.

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
Elf111 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water