Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-10-2012, 10:53 AM   #71

I also love the Weber Q 120 although the tanks get expensive, so i converted mine to use the 2.5 gallon refillable. Just hated throwing those little bottles away. When i fill my propane on the motorhome, they usually dont even charge me for that 2.5 gallon.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-11-2012, 11:28 AM   #72

Country Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by datrbone8 View Post
We just went through the same thing and this was our choice. It folds up nicely with a handle and wheels. Slips right into the basement.
Coleman® RoadTrip® LXE Propane Prill : Target

Using those small cylinders is ridiculous unless you have serious space considerations. We bought the hose accessory and use our home barbeque propane tank. Best part of this grill is the optional griddle for BACON !!!
I've cooked beach dinners for 30 teenagers on this. The side board are perfect. It's very lightweight and easy to clean, and it works well, even in heavy beach wind. Plus, when it collapses down, it's super easy to pull behind you. I added a converter to allow me to attach to a regular large propane tank and we've used it as our main "camp" stove for a weeks worth of cooking for Boy Scouts with zero issues.

Mark

Old 09-09-2013, 11:21 PM   #73

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Why does my Q100 have such a tiny flame? Should I open the venturi? Ive had it blow out on me.
ramblinboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 05:17 AM   #74

Winnebago Owners Club
I have had a Q100 for several years (7 years). The flame from the burner is not a very big flame. The principle it works on is that you preheat the cast iron grill (5 minutes or so) and the hot cast iron grill does the work (and it works very well..thank you). I usually dismantle the grill (prior to starting the season) and clean it. I power wash the aluminum case and wire brush the burner. I have grilled all sorts of things on it (burgers, steaks, fish,veggies, etc). For fish I have used a water soaked cedar plan. The secret, as previously mentioned, is to preheat the cast iron grill. I also oil the grill prior to putting items directly on it.. If your flame keeps going out I would suggest that you take the burner out and wire brush it. I use a wire brush on a portable drill. You may have some clogged holes on the burner.
2007 Jeep Wrangler
codgerbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 08:04 AM   #75

I just discovered the Char-Broil Grill2Go with infrared heating system, and even though I like the grill I have now, I am thinking about getting one. I have a larger Char-Broil infrared grill at home, and the results are amazing. It never flares up, and since the food never sees the flame directly, the food (especially meats) never dries out. Char-Broil Grill2Go X200 - Model 12401734 - Grill2Go® - Gas Grills - Grills

Joel
J Birder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 08:11 AM   #76

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramblinboy View Post
Why does my Q100 have such a tiny flame? Should I open the venturi? Ive had it blow out on me.
This has occured on my Q100 a couple of times over the years.

The most reliable solution is to replace the regulator. Cost about $20. You can find them on eBay or for a few more $ from Weber directly.

'16 GMC Sierra 3500HD
drfife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 09:11 AM   #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by codgerbill View Post
I have had a Q100 for several years (7 years). The flame from the burner is not a very big flame. The principle it works on is that you preheat the cast iron grill (5 minutes or so) and the hot cast iron grill does the work (and it works very well..thank you). I usually dismantle the grill (prior to starting the season) and clean it. I power wash the aluminum case and wire brush the burner. I have grilled all sorts of things on it (burgers, steaks, fish,veggies, etc). For fish I have used a water soaked cedar plan. The secret, as previously mentioned, is to preheat the cast iron grill. I also oil the grill prior to putting items directly on it.. If your flame keeps going out I would suggest that you take the burner out and wire brush it. I use a wire brush on a portable drill. You may have some clogged holes on the burner.
These Wethetrbber Q grills are really fantastic. They do have one weakness however. The control valve/regulators will stop working after a year or two, especially if you store it in your rv over the winter.
The good news is replacements are availible, and only cost about $12. If you replace it, you will get the larger hotter flame back.
Old 10-02-2013, 11:49 PM   #78

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Miniflame

Thanks for the input all! Ive noticed when I hook up to Big Bertha on my moho, the pressure of the propane seems to overwhelm the reg on the Q. Now I turn on BB slowly to not be such a rush of pressure. Seems to make a difference
ramblinboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 12:30 AM   #79

I used a Magma grill, designed for nautical use, for a couple of years. It worked great but was hard to store and I had to make a custom stand for it which took up even more space so I bought a cheapie from Wallyworld for now. I'm saving up for a Weber Q like all my RV friends have but my favorite is an old Weber Smokey Joe with the bail that locks the lid in place, essential for traveling in an RV. NOTHING beats the flavor of real charcoal grillin'!!
road dogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 02:56 AM   #80

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramblinboy View Post
Thanks for the input all! Ive noticed when I hook up to Big Bertha on my moho, the pressure of the propane seems to overwhelm the reg on the Q. Now I turn on BB slowly to not be such a rush of pressure. Seems to make a difference
I had to change the reg to a non weber reg which solved these issues. I was ready to ditch it at less than 12 months.
It would light even on a standard bottle and using the coach gas was out of the question
Now I use the coach gas only and I get a strong flame.
Old 10-03-2013, 07:42 AM   #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveSkinner View Post
I had to change the reg to a non weber reg which solved these issues. I was ready to ditch it at less than 12 months. It would light even on a standard bottle and using the coach gas was out of the question Now I use the coach gas only and I get a strong flame.
Can you post details on changing the regulator please? It seems as this is such a common complaint and you might have found a way to help all of us. Thanks!
HabitatGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 04:45 AM   #82

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HabitatGuy View Post
Can you post details on changing the regulator please? It seems as this is such a common complaint and you might have found a way to help all of us. Thanks!
I went to an Ace Hardware and picked up a standard off the shelf reg and said
Sell me the fittings to make this fit my Q100
1/2 hr later and about $50 I had it all including the thread tape.
The Ace guys were very helpful and had a huge range of brass fittings.
There were about 3 brass fittings involved
Fitted it myself. Couldn't be happier
Only problem is the black support beam doesn't attach to anything but it doesn't seen to be a problem.
Good luck
Old 10-04-2013, 08:06 AM   #83

Not going to step into the "best grill" suggestions, but I will say whatever it takes to get a rubber 10-12' propane line (w/quick disconnects at both ends) available on the awning side of your coach will be one of the most popular mods you can make to your coach!
Old 10-05-2013, 10:15 AM   #84

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahicks View Post
Not going to step into the "best grill" suggestions, but I will say whatever it takes to get a rubber 10-12' propane line (w/quick disconnects at both ends) available on the awning side of your coach will be one of the most popular mods you can make to your coach!
I couldn't agree more. I have done this to my last two motorhomes. It should be noted that it doesn't work to run two regulators in series, so you need to break into the coach propane system upstream of the coach regulator.

What I have done, is install a tee fitting at the regulator inlet, then install a gas valve and a short hose. The hose runs to some convenient spot behind the propane access door. The gas valve allows me to shut the unregulated plumbing off when it is not in use, such as when traveling. This is mostly for my piece of mind.

I plumbed the short hose into a manifold with two quick disconnect fittings that is hard mounted to structure.

When setting up my outdoor kitchen, I connect my 12' hoses to the quick disconnect fittings to run my Weber Q, and my 2 burner cooktop which I place on a 3'x6' folding table.