Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-28-2014, 10:21 PM   #1

Grounded...

Oh thank heaven for CoachNet.

Sunday, May 11...Hardeeville SC., on our first trip of the season. 'Squeaky' dies at the Shell station and we're blocking a row of pumps. I'm filthy dirty and sweaty from ratting around the frame rails shaking out ground wires trying to get the Rectangular Vehicle started...no joy.

"Thank you for calling CoachNet, are you in a safe location?" Thirty minutes later a tow truck shows up that is as big as the RV. No repair stations opened on Sunday...Mother's Day. We get towed to the 'Hess Truck Stop' campground two hundred yards away sandwiched between two off loaded trailers...cave city. RV's noisy A/Cs and generator to the rescue.

I throw in the towel and we take the toad into Savannah for a great seafood dinner and afterwards, all seems to look better. Next day we get towed back into Savannah to Robert's Truck Repair where after extensive trouble shooting they find a bad ground on the power cable to the starter(which on a WH, supplies power to the ignition and dash gauges). After a lighter wallet and a new cable end, we stayed two more days in Hardeeville and returned to Savannah twice more for additional crustacean intake...it did seem to take away some of the 'sting'.

Click image for larger version

Name:	towed in Savannah2.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	30.8 KB
ID:	64116

Continued north... After almost two weeks in Hacker Valley, WV with no cell or Wifi, our stay at Holly River SP has brightened our outlook to continue on to Sussex, NJ to spoil the grand kids for awhile...afterwards, ???. Out West is looking pretty good...

Adventures in RVing.

RIP 'Squeaky'
scenic route is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-28-2014, 10:33 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by scenic route View Post
Oh thank heaven for CoachNet.

Sunday, May 11...Hardeeville SC., on our first trip of the season. 'Squeaky' dies at the Shell station and we're blocking a row of pumps. I'm filthy dirty and sweaty from ratting around the frame rails shaking out ground wires trying to get the Rectangular Vehicle started...no joy.

"Thank you for calling CoachNet, are you in a safe location?" Thirty minutes later a tow truck shows up that is as big as the RV. No repair stations opened on Sunday...Mother's Day. We get towed to the 'Hess Truck Stop' campground two hundred yards away sandwiched between two off loaded trailers...cave city. RV's noisy A/Cs and generator to the rescue.

I throw in the towel and we take the toad into Savannah for a great seafood dinner and afterwards, all seems to look better. Next day we get towed back into Savannah to Robert's Truck Repair where after extensive trouble shooting they find a bad ground on the power cable to the starter(which on a WH, supplies power to the ignition and dash gauges). After a lighter wallet and a new cable end, we stayed two more days in Hardeeville and returned to Savannah twice more for additional crustacean intake...it did seem to take away some of the 'sting'.

Attachment 64116

Continued north... After almost two weeks in Hacker Valley, WV with no cell or Wifi, our stay at Holly River SP has brightened our outlook to continue on to Sussex, NJ to spoil the grand kids for awhile...afterwards, ???. Out West is looking pretty good...

Adventures in RVing.
Who said RVing is not fun? Nice tow truck!
Hope you are still Rollin and Reelin. Sure you are not a writer in a former life?
Happy Trails.

Old 05-29-2014, 07:24 AM   #3

We had exactly the same problem last year in Tenn, a loose power cable at the starter however we were lucky and ours happened while we were at the campground. Called Coach-Net and pretty soon we on our way to a service center for repair. Love us some Coach-Net.
jollyjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 07:53 AM   #4
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Went to FL. from Nappanee than back to Nappanee and home, this was during Jan & Feb winter of 2010.
Come spring coach would not start all door compartment latches frozen shut and cylinder of jack leaking hydraulic fluid, cause road salt try not to travel during winter months washing under coach only sped the salt residue.
Had to pull starter and clean up and lube ,many spray cans of PB Blaster on locks and replaced the HWH jack.
Can only say the trip was great, Tampa show than travels around FL. to many friends, our last long trip before wife went on dialysis.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 10:36 AM   #5

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Next time in the Savanaha area.. About an hour south of Savanaha on I-95 is the Darien Outlet Mall.. nothing exciting there (Well they do have one "Attraction" but .. Well, not all that exciting)

But if you head north, and ever so slightly west (I think) from there for about 2 1/2 to 2 3/4 mile the road curves to the right, but .. there is a 2nd road (COX) that contiunes straigh,, go about a quarter mile

On the right is the Cathead Creek Ranch campus, Used to be a campground there but I hear rumors it might not be open. (Unconfirmed at this time will confirm in about a month)

On Thursday Evening, bring a dish to pass, to the Cowboy Church, long about 6:00 or so.. Good food and a very good expierence at least for this Catholic boy (It may be a different religion, but the reason I'll confirm the campground being open is Ill be parked within driving distance so I'm going to bake a plate of cookies and head over on Thursday Eve).

I go to church about 5 miles from there in the other direction from the mall.
Old 05-29-2014, 02:25 PM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Scenic Route,

Glad all is good again, I think all these things make us better people and able to help others based on our ever-growing experiences. Hope you have great times ahead.
Old 05-29-2014, 09:16 PM   #7

Thank you all for the comments. All is well with Squeaky, the hard charging West Virginia hill climber, and she preformed beautifully all the way into Sussex, NJ. Other than my unfounded belief that the new GPS's directions were faulty, the trip took just a little longer but went quite smoothly.

Looking forward to new adventures from behind the big picture window...

Safe travels.

RIP 'Squeaky'
scenic route is offline   Reply With Quote