Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-19-2014, 06:13 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphysranch View Post
The OP is an emergency room Dr. He sees it all! and mostly not good. A little R&R on the seldom days off can be life saving, so to run into a neighbor who is less than friendly is just not worth dealing with. I do hope that inspite of this gentleman, you did have a nice time and enjoyed the weather, your wife and your baby.

It rained though.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-19-2014, 06:20 AM   #44

What's the problem?

He wasn't bothering you or creating a nuisance.
Old 03-19-2014, 06:24 AM   #45

Live and let live.WE all will be judged soon enough. Cheers Gerald
Gerald Duerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 06:37 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahW View Post
Also, some people want to be left alone. Oblige them.
After an 80 hour work week I would love to be left alone. We're newbies so I need all the tips. Should I do the same and take over the adjacent sites? Is this a trick to get others to not set up next to me and look for another site? Thanks all.
Old 03-19-2014, 06:44 AM   #47

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by b22mundo View Post
After an 80 hour work week I would love to be left alone. We're newbies so I need all the tips. Should I do the same and take over the adjacent site? Is this a trick to get others to not set up next to me and look for another site? Thanks all.
Not only should you take over the next site, but make sure to invite everyone you know to come over and party till 2. Loud music is advised. Then be sure to wake up extra early, run your unmuffled generator and walk around the site in your underwear clanging any metal object in your general vicinity.

MoeBelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 06:44 AM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickBrennan View Post
What's the problem?

He wasn't bothering you or creating a nuisance.
I liked that he kept to himself. Just didn't know what to do about his truck in my pull-through. I didn't have hose extensions.

Ooh. Another thing on my list.
Old 03-19-2014, 07:45 AM   #49

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoeBelly View Post
Not only should you take over the next site, but make sure to invite everyone you know to come over and party till 2. Loud music is advised. Then be sure to wake up extra early, run your unmuffled generator and walk around the site in your underwear clanging any metal object in your general vicinity.

So that was YOU!
Old 03-19-2014, 12:45 PM   #50
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
After an 80 hour work week I would love to be left alone. We're newbies so I need all the tips. Should I do the same and take over the adjacent sites? Is this a trick to get others to not set up next to me and look for another site? Thanks all.
You said he removed his vehicle from your site. What else do you want?
Old 03-19-2014, 01:55 PM   #51

Just take him a beer!!!!
John and Susan. New 2018 Chevrolet 2500 2 WHD . 6.6 Duramax 3.73 rearend. .4 door ,Short, Bed W/Topper. 2017 Grand Design 297 RSTS. Our rescue dog Annie. Still ,Full timing since 07-01-2011. No sticks and bricks.
poppopc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 05:22 PM   #52

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahW View Post
You said he removed his vehicle from your site. What else do you want?
I think origionally, he wanted a friendly face... not his luck this trip...maybe next time.
Old 03-19-2014, 09:38 PM   #53

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Location: We fulltime, so "Home is where we park it!" (Originally Las Vegas)
Follow the old adage "Kill 'em with kindness." Maybe a few kind words or friendly gestures will bring out the softer side in him ;-)

'06 Newmar Dutchstar 4320 400hp Cummins on a Spartan tag-axle chassis w/ 2014 CRV
CWinLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 10:03 PM   #54
HHg

Hey Mundo......you were exactly right with what you did.....life is way to short to have to deal with jerks. Personally I don't give a rats xxx about why he was grumpy, I'm not going to daydream a hundred scenarios about why he may have been grumpy. I'm going to accept the fact that he was and avoid him like the plague!!

Hhg
HHg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 10:11 PM   #55

Quote:
One thing I learned from 7+ years (so far) of practice and treating thousands of patients is that you canNOT quickly judge. Believe me, my wife (breast cancer research physician) and I named off ALL the differentials, including recent family death, a terminal condition, social personality disorder, and what not. Also, some of my schizophrenic and substance abuse patients own dogs, so those may be possibilities as well.

BUT we're OFF work. I tried to be friendly. If you get irritated because you have to move your tow vehicle out of a campsite that's not yours and PRETEND you want to help, I won't be grabbing a beer for you and offer medical advice for your problems. Too much alcohol is unhealthy anyway
Please tell your wife I said "Thank You"!! I am a Breast Cancer Survivor!! Cancer makes you look at life differently, that is why if I encounter a grumpy neighbor I try to just thank God that I am alive to smile at them!! Then I enjoy my camping time with or without neighbors!!
RKNOLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 10:36 PM   #56

Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
You are only starting out, be prepared for anything.

I'm a woman that travels with my mentally challenged daughter. Now that sets up a scenario that I'm sure panics the neighbors.

I've put about 30k total on my rvs now. I would say I could count on one hand the unpleasant experiences I've had. But also I explain to DD, by the way she is 43 and I'm 68, to know her boundaries. To say hello is fine but to go bother folks is a no no. She is more of an inside person anyway.

We just came back from a 4200 mile trip and I had only 1 bad experience. This was in Las Vegas at the Circus Circus KOA. I pulled in to a pull through site, to my left there were 2 couples sitting out talking, chatting it up and having a good old time. I leveled the rig, turned it off and went around to start hooking up. It was almost like on cue, fold up the chairs, look the other way, and leave. Never thought to much about it, figured they might think I'm going to ask for help. I don't need it. They all disappeared from sight, they too had a TT and truck. The sites there are nice sized but he was angled a bit but not on me no issue.

I unhooked my toad and all and we stayed in. Next day went outside to check on things they are on their patio and turn their heads. I can't blame any of this on DD as she hadn't been outside yet. So I'm thinking someway I will make these folks speak.
Next morning same thing as we were leaving to run around. That afternoon I saW the guys sitting there and before they could take off, I said loudly, Good Afternoon, wonderful day isn't it? They pretty much had to answer as they were looking straight at me and I made a point not to linger and go straight in. Next day lady is walking dog, turned her head. It was obvious these folks were not going to speak so I just gave it up. Hubby said likely they weren't happy someone pulled into the empty site, I said no its because I'm a woman traveling sort of alone. It happens. Some folks are amazed I drive a 38 foot diesel pusher with toad and tell me so and come over and chat about it. Also she is a 92 American Eagle and I get a lot of comments about how good the old girl looks. Some look at me like I've got 2 eyes. And many stare at my daughter, but I expect that, she has Williams syndrome and looks different, you just get used to rude folks turning around and staring at her. She gets embarrassed, the ones like her are very aware, not like some you see that are not aware and it hurts her feelings. I've spent years helping her have good self esteem, but you would think grownups would know better. I tell her don't worry about it. Her issues are mild so nothing profound. You know what? I don't give a damn, I'm going to enjoy life and do. We are nice people, cheerful and will help anybody with anything.r We know that some will be kind and friendly, but we know more must think its catching, it doesn't bother me and I keep it from bothering me like it did when I was young but I don't want it to upset her.

I also keep my much older rig clean and in good repair so that won't be an issue. I could buy a newer one, in fact had a 2006 I sold because I liked this old one better. I enjoy the folks that come by and chat and when they get to know DD they really like her. Her syndrome is also known as the "cocktail party syndrome" if that tells you anything.

I'm not sure what is wrong with some folks but there are definitely ones with chips on their shoulder. With that guy you never know. perhaps if you had spoken again he might have been friendlier or not. I at least try to smile, say hello, and don't linger unless they seem to want to chat. You just never know about people and I'm not worrying about it either.

Now go and enjoy, I'm sure you do need to destress, I can't even imagine the stress level and hours you deal with plus some of the shall we be nice and say "interesting" people. It will be ok, you will find you enjoy camping.

Don't be to quick to say you are a doc though, you might be treating half the campground before you leave!! LOL! It's all about fun and don't let anyone take it away from you, life is to short!!
PatStab is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
campground