Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-02-2014, 01:22 PM   #113

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom3205 View Post
10 % of conflicts are due to difference in opinion... 90% are due to wrong tone of voice. It is not what you say, it is how....
We certainly have a difference of opinion here. I'll continue to judge a person entirely by what they say, and I will consciously endeavor to eliminate all judgment of them based in such superficial things like the tone of their voice, appearance, etc.

We live in a world where an ugly old cuss with a gruff voice, like me, is usually instantly discredited no matter how honest or well intentioned, while millions of trusting people get suckered in by sweet talking salesman into spending thousands more for vehicles and homes.

You, and millions of others, may be enthralled by saccharine sweet sounding words, but try to understand that others of us place the value on what is being said. I'll leave judging others by the tone of their voice to those whose mind reading ability is greater than my own. I'll judge a man by his words and actions.

(Snowbirds in Reverse)
Winnebago Chieftain / Ford Hybrid Toad
Raining Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-02-2014, 07:15 PM   #114

Freightliner Owners Club
But I say this to all campers out there: Be careful with your neighbors. Don't upset anyone who may be of benefit to you.

This guy could have had a heart attack, choke or something, and I (an urgent care physician) would not have noticed because I'm trying to avoid all contact with him the entire weekend.

At least his dog was friendly with my baby [/QUOTE]

These statements really bother me? Your a professional medical practitioner and you deliberately went out of your way to ignore this older gentlemen who may have needed your help? His dog was friendly....with your baby??? How many friendly dogs do you know of and do any of them have mean owners? I think a little common sense would have been a good prescription for our medical expert OP. I read your opening statement a couple of times and this is my take, (knowing that reality may have been different than how you stated it.)

"Oh Great" My take: I knew if I parked there...even for just a moment I would need to move it....why am I so stupid? You see, it wasn't you at all he was upset with. OP's take: Don't be so grumpy...hey, you parked there and you shouldn't have.

"Do you need help with anything?" My take: Since he already screwed up with you he was willing to give you a hand. (I've known many grumps....and none are willing to lift a finger for you.) The OP'S take: With his tone of voice and my ability to do things myself I'll detach myself from him totally at this point.

Too bad.....you both may have been really good friends and neighbors!!

Tags
campground