Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-25-2014, 05:19 PM   #99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fl_Richard View Post
Hey -- If no one is next to me for a few I'll spread out. If some one shows up I'll gladly and apologetically withdraw. If no one's using the space why shouldn't I? Suck it up! We're all having fun right?
Sorry not OP
jimmyjnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-25-2014, 05:39 PM   #100

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRR View Post
After reading many replies here I must admit I think some of us will never look at our neighbors again with the same innocents of character we used to have.

Too bad about that.
Methinks it's-- "much ado about nothing" -- something I hope a majority of us would not have noticed...
Hooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 07:35 PM   #101

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
be a good neighbour you never know how you might profit in return
ramblinboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 10:03 AM   #102
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Good neighbors, bad neighbors, no neighbors, whatever, I don't think anyone should spread out into sites next to them. If I pay for one site, then that's all I should occupy! JMHO
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 10:43 AM   #103

Be advised...Their are a lot of these types out there. We tend to mind our own business when in a rv park or camp ground..Doesnt always pay to be friendly sometimes they bite !!
donandmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 11:48 AM   #104

I treat everyone just exactly like I like to be treated......at first.......you choose to be a knucklehead then I'm your huckleberry ! 99% of the time I don't have problems , you can pretty much tell if people want to be friendly or left alone and that's ok as everyone is different. More times than not we are just spending one night and moving on in the morning .
TdogKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 02:20 PM   #105

I mind my own biz and pretty much keep to myself. I camp to get away and enjoy the outdoors as quietly as possible without people as i deal with many all day. So when people bug me I too sometimes get grumpy, cranky or #$%$#@ as she calls it. Maybe that's all it was, but in the scheme of things who cares. And i too will temp park in an empty spot, been doing it for years and never had one issue.
Razzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 11:30 AM   #106

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by b22mundo View Post
An older man came out, without a smile or greeting, just mumbled loudly "Oh, great". All I needed was for him to move his truck up further up maybe 5 feet. No smile, no "hello", nothing. My wife even waved hi to him without him acknowledging. I think he was solo, just a golden retriever with him. So he hastily moved his truck in front of his FW. As he started going back in, he said in an unfriendly manner with an attitude, "Do you need help with anything? I'm a pro with connecting." Naturally, I said "no thanks" (I would not want help from someone who really doesn't want to help) We felt like we were totally annoying him. So much for "friendly" campers. )
I originally planned not to respond to this discussion because it really hits very close to home for me, but since it just seems to keep getting attention I thought I'd chime in with what I'm sure will improperly be seen as a grumpy response.

The generalization being made about this guy are very similar to the kind of incorrect judgements I hear being made about me all the time. Okay, he was parked partially in your spot, not exactly the crime of the century. He got up and moved it when asked, should he have been skipping with joy while doing so? He than tried to compensate by offering to help you set up, perhaps to offset your having to wait for him to move his truck. You blew him off, judging him false in his offer, based on the way he sounded. Then you decided he was just grumpy and ignored him all weekend.

I too am often judged grumpy, yet the reason always amazes me. I am a very spiritual person and being of service to others is both the core of my philosophy and a great joy in my life. BUT, I'm an ugly old cuss who looks like I'm scowling, and I'm a straight talker with a gruff voice. I can't tell you how often I'm accused of only pretending to be helpful, and they assume they know what I really feel because of my tone of voice. You can't imagine how infuriating that is year after year.

Next time take a man at his word. Perhaps he, like me, actually means what he says and his tone and appearance isn't a measure of the man inside. For many men my age this concept of touchy, feel'ly voice tones, and political correct terminology is something reserved for talking to children. I was taught that honest, straight talk between adults is a sign of respect.

Perhaps instead of just guessing what he's feeling by judging his outside appearance and voice tone, you can just directly ask, "would you prefer to be left alone to enjoy some peace and quiet?"

(Snowbirds in Reverse)
Winnebago Chieftain / Ford Hybrid Toad
Raining Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 12:00 PM   #107

Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
I've only had an issue a couple of times. If I felt to uncomfortable and was going to be out and about a lot I would just ask to move elsewhere. Never done that but I would if it bothered me. I'm one also that have been accused of not smiling, it used to drive me crazy. It's just the natural way my mouth is, I'm not mad or anything.

Life is to short, just enjoy it and don't let things bother you to much.

I will never forget when I had my last motorhome, I went to Padre Island.

There were 3 or 5 old guys watching me come in. They came over and started talking, they found out I was alone, they unhooked my car, helped me into the campsite, hooked up everything and even parked my car. I told them I could do it, they said oh, we don't have anything to do anyway, so I thanked them. I got a real kick out of that, hasn't happened again but sure started my motorhoming experience out right. And they seemed to have fun too.
PatStab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 12:50 PM   #108

Gulf Streamers Club
Raining Star, I completely agree. What blows me away is that the OP interpreted the fellow's attitude on 13 total words, labeled him Grumpy, avoids further interaction and assumed his first assessment was the way to treat him for the rest of the weekend.

People have weighed in with more than a 100 posts based on this one side of the story!

(MOD EDIT)

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 10:21 AM   #109

Quote:
Originally Posted by b22mundo View Post
Thank you for all the responses! I really like this forum, and each time I take out my new toy it makes me feel like a kid on Christmas day! I can't wait to start putting in my ATVs in there. You are all helping me enjoy learning about RVing.

To add to my last comment regarding possible differentials: --suicidal ideation, low T/ impotence, general anxiety disorder. One of my nicest and most compliant patients who breeds poodles happens to be a convicted murderer. It actually made out to be a fun little game for my wife and I coming up with these while setting up camp. I should call it the "What's your problem? Game".

Yup, the FIRST thing I teach my medical students and residents is to RESPECT and to NOT JUDGE your patient no matter what. Treat them well and they'll be compliant AND respect you. Anyone could be carrying a variety of hidden weapons. No way I'm gonna offer alcohol and add to that terrible mix. I respect this guy, or "grumpy camper" as my wife calls him, I'll leave him alone. (I had other colorful adjectives to more accurately describe the guy and the incident, but I like this forum too much to be kicked off. Keeping it family friendly).

Go shake the man's hand, then turn around and say "I guess I better go put my MRSA medicine on that cut on my hand"
He might still be grumpy, but the time he spends on the computer looking up: MRSA will keep him away from you!! LOL!!
RKNOLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 11:09 AM   #110

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I agree with raining star. Cant judge people in a couple minutes. When I first met my best friend, by his looks I would not have let him around my children. Turns out he's one of the kindest people I've ever met.
Old 04-02-2014, 12:10 PM   #111

10 % of conflicts are due to difference in opinion... 90% are due to wrong tone of voice. It is not what you say, it is how....
Tom3205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 01:05 PM   #112

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom3205 View Post
10 % of conflicts are due to difference in opinion... 90% are due to wrong tone of voice. It is not what you say, it is how....
How did my wife log in as Tom3205?

Tags
campground