Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-10-2010, 09:36 AM   #15
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I am sorry to hear of others dilemmas with Guaranty RV. They did me good, and that is what I reported on.

It is strange that when I read other posts regarding other facilities, campgrounds, stores, etc., there are always those who have had a bad experience. I especially like those stories that say they received a "bad attitude." I have gone into those same places ad the attitude was never bad - with me. Maybe it is because of the way people are approached. Maybe bad attitude begets bad attitude. Maybe demanding attitude gets nothing. Now before you go off the "deep end," I am not accusing anyone of anything. However I always take a deep look at how it was all handled from the beginning before I make my own judgment call.

I wonder how appointments go at the doctor's office? How about any large corporation? Is the minute of an appointment the exact minute that a person gets in to see someone? Not to many times in my lifetime.

Guarranty RV has 20 bays and when I was there all 20 were being used with another 40 or more waiting some type of repair or part. Yes, it would have been nice for a representative to step out and say, "Mr. soandso, we are having a little problem with some other rigs but we will be with you as soon as we can." But I guess I'm easy. I look around, assess the situation and make my own determination as to what "may" be going down. Then I sit back, retired, fire up the computer, iPad, iPod, Kindle, or just read some magazine until it is my time.

Again, my thanks to Guaranty RV for a good service, and good customer service. After all, I was basically a walk-in.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-10-2010, 10:11 AM   #16

Newmar Owners Club
wayne I dont think u are easy,just approach things with a suddle approach Oft times people are not aware of the big picture others dont care( not my problem) I know a few people when working were in power positions. When retired they miss the status of being in control

Joe(Ka6bud)
ka6bud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 10:37 AM   #17

Check out Oregon Motor Coach 800-942-6860. I have only dealt with them via telephone but they were friendly and offered the help I needed. They are mostly people from Country Coach but do work on the other RV's
Rich
ergrogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 11:26 AM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
Starting with the first post I was thrilled to see that maybe Guaranty RV service had finally come around. Then I read some of the responses and now I am not too sure. Our own experience with Guaranty RV kind of falls in the middle of the others. Several years ago we purchased a new motorhome from them. The purchase part was a dream. Then reality set in with the first warranty appointment. Everyone was wonderful until we met our service adviser. Each and every problem we had he tried to blame on us and we had to fight for even the smallest repair. Needless to say we have not purchased there again.
bdpreece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 11:56 AM   #19

Solo Rvers Club
You know, IMHO, people are just people, and they have good days and bad. Maybe that receptionist found out the night before that her hubby was out.... know what I mean? I had great results with Guaranty. Their warranty guy went to bat for me, I stayed on-site for six days and was allowed to putter and hang out inside my rig while they had it in the bays, AND I could wander around poking my head into compartments while techs were working, bugging them with questions all the time.... I met the head of the service dep't, the head lady of the body shops, all the techs that worked on my rig.... Nothing but good to say, and I have recommended them to friends. I will say that the front-office ladies were a little less responsive than I would have liked, but I wasn't there on a social call.

On the other hand, I had a disaster with another service center in Gresham, Oregon, but that's another story....
steelheadbluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 12:39 PM   #20

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via ICQ to Fred and Bonnie
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdee19 View Post
nice service they had during my visit last week for my repairs. also i wanna share some Oregon auto repair shops that i think can help other members near Oregon too.
I don't get the link, just another add, besides none of the listed shops have been reviewed. Just more useless info.

fred
Fred and Bonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 10:28 AM   #21

Angry Very poor service Guaranty RV Junction City, OR

Purchased a Rockwood Freedom travel trailer via an RV show in Newport OR 7/7/2012 and took possession 7/12/2012. While I was signing papers in the office (I was very impressed by Bill/finance guy), Chuck, my partner was doing the tech walk through, all seemed fine, we departed. Two days later discovered we couldn't get the awning legs to work properly; this after watching how-to DVD 9 X's. Phoned Matt (our initial salesman) same day and was told we'd here from a service tech following Monday Monday, no phone call, Tuesday lm again on Matt's cell. Wednesday, no return call. LM on Matt's office VM, this time adding water heater not working properly. Still no return phone calls. After 8 days finally got a body to talk with us. Took trailer in following Weds, told by Dean, service mgr, it was ready, when we arrived door step/handle left out, cover off propane tanks, covers off water in/outlets, etc. That is not "ready" in my book. Awning legs were explained to us but when Chuck asked him to show us Dean could not get them to work, Warren could not get them to work and a 3rd person had to come over to show all. No one had bothered to try the legs while it sat at the lot, & they told us they'd had this issue before. Say What!!! The whole communication process with Guaranty in a word - sucked? We were told original walk-through tech should have put the legs down and explained how the valve worked on the water heater. I imagine one can't possibly cover everything in a walk-through, but that really isn't the issue. To me the issue was COMMUNICATION and the tolal lack of it by Guaranty and customer service is what they advertise, hard. I shudder to think how things will go when we have a problem under warranty. Buyer beware I am sorry to have to say. We are having fun with our trailer so far, but.............
LexiLady51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 09:19 PM   #22

Here's a link to post good and bad RV service reviews...

RV Service Review
jpriest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 11:33 PM   #23

LexiLady/ I guess things haven't changed a lot since I took my rig in for complaints about 2009 or 2010. First I couldn't get help desk to get me a person to outline my job needed. Then after one week I was told it was ready. When I went to pick it up, nothing was done. Damages were still on vehicle and pieces not put back on vehicle. With the nice lady adviser showing me the neat job they did, I wrote out exactly what needed done and how it looked terrible with the missing pieces. I expected better. The following week I got it back and it was a on scale of 1-10 about a 6. 10 being good. I tried being nice. It wasn't easy. I haven't been back, and you proved me the reason why. They just haven't improved a lot in communications at all.
Wayne MD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 11:37 PM   #24
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Sorry to hear of your troubles.

Please note that my original post on Guarantee RV was 2 years ago.

I guess things can change. I'd suggest you call the service manager and explain your situation. It might help the next person.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 02:40 AM   #25

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Wayne and Earline,

Make sure you keep a sweater or hoodie with you. I know how cold southern Texans can get. All that warm weather thins your blood. The high temperature in Seattle today was only 63 degrees and the forecast is for temps in the mid 70's for the next week.

For everyone sweltering in the heat, just hop in the RV and head northwest. I still run heat at night.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 02:43 PM   #26

Blasphemy! lol I have done business with Guaranty RV my entire life and my parents did business with them before me. In a world where customer service seems to be a thing of the past these people go so far above and beyond the call of duty it hard to believe. Their Service Manager Tim Cooke is AAA! I won't let anyone else touch my coach and I wouldn't ever consider buying one anywhere else.

I have never met anyone there who wasn't completely on their game. Sorry you had a bad experience. I don't, know what time of year you were there, but personally I would expect a short wait at the top of the season just like I would expect a short wait for a top quality physician or even a good table at a great restaurant. If we are in a hurry we generally leave our motor home at home.
Thepusherman is offline   Reply With Quote