Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-10-2010, 06:25 PM   #1
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Thumbs up Guaranty RV in Junction City Oregon - Service

Ladies and Gentlemen,
I would like to post this in every manufacturer's specific thread, but it is better posted here in one place. This is about Guaranty RV Service in Junction City, Oregon. I could sum it up on one word, excellent. But I'm not a one word person. First, they offer on-site stay for their people having service performed. It is a place to park and plug into 50 amp service for the duration of your service stay. I believe all-in-all they have about 20 sites. That is also the number of service bays they have at their facility.

Also first, is the receptionist help, not only on the phone but in person. Wendy was my first contact and she worked a schedule with me that was more than satisfactory. They are a busy place, so one must be able to adapt their schedule. We were in a CG, all set up, and it was only a couple days before we could get in. My service contact when we arrived was Leo, a most courteous, and very knowledgeable service adviser. Although his official name tag says RV Coordinator because he can do anything at Guaranty RV, I think. I did see some other service advisers dealing with people and they all seemed to be a caring lot of helpful folks.

This is a first class service center. It doesn't matter if your RV is a half million dollars, or TT for a lot less money. (Everyone has fun camping, it doesn't matter what you camp in.) I did see the whole range of RV's being brought in and worked on. That also proves a point that all RV's eventually need some work done to them. The "West" parking lot is where RV's stay with the outer periphery populated with the 50 amp service. The inner areas are for those leaving their RV there. In all, I counted about 60 RV's awaiting service, with about 15 of us utilizing the 50 amp service.

We were very, very satisfied with the quality of service, and the professionalism of the personnel. If you are within a travel day distance to Junction City, OR, I would highly recommend utilizing them for service. Of course, that is my opinion.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-10-2010, 06:37 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
So mama got the citrus machine on the road again. First stop will be a Dairy Queen for sure.
Is she still dreaming of three axles or just wood floors? Give her two martini's and have her sign on the wavy line.

This post will make no sense (cents) to anyone but Wayne's wife.
Old 06-10-2010, 11:23 PM   #3
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
She is LHAO!!!
Old 06-10-2010, 11:30 PM   #4
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Yes, we are on the road again. There were some additional problems that occurred because of the slide problem. One was the connector on the drain to the galley tank was broken. They fixed that, fabricating a new connector. They also removed the tie down clamp from the bed pedestal and screwed it into the floor. Now if the pedestal should (Heaven, NO!) come loose at least the drain will not come with it. Also the walking slackened the topper and it got caught in the slide. It wrinkled it pretty good. It will have to be replaced, but I'm going to wait until I get somewhere I'm going to be for a while. Like home. I'll watch it close to make sure it does not get caught up again. Apparently it wandered so bad on the roller that it ruffled the edges, both ends.

We are back in Armitage County Park, Coburg, OR. I have posted before on this CG. It is absolutely wonderful. And no trains. Saturday we will be heading toward Fort Lewis, WA, military CG for 6 nights. Then on to Whidbey Island NAS, Cliffside RV Park for 4 nights. While at Ft. Lews we will take in Seattle. While at Whidbey we will take in Victoria Gardens.

With no more problems we will be having fun.

p.s., there is a Home Buffet and a Sizzler near by, and of course there is always DQ.
Old 06-11-2010, 12:31 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
I hope you cross back into Portland and that region to take in the sights while you are at Ft. Lewis...there are many great sights to see in that area...let me know if you want some ideas...
Enjoy yourselves.

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 10:58 AM   #6
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
MonacoMama,
Always looking for ideas. Send them along.

Thanks.
Old 10-10-2010, 12:54 PM   #7

Can't say the same thing about Guaranty RV...sorry, but their customer service really stinks from my point of view.

Made an appointment 6 weeks ago, got down there after driving over 500 miles and the technician, James Talbert, kept me waiting for over 30 minutes, despite the receptionist who kept telling me that he would be "right out" to help me. I kept reminding her I was still waiting, but she really couldn't care less as she didn't seem that all bothered by having me wait so long.

To top matters off, a person drove in with a 40 footer, without an appointment, and got looked after within 5 minutes!

My technician couldn't even come out to tell me that he was busy, but he could tell another technician to help someone out who had come in after me and had "jumped the queue" so to speak!

Guaranty RV, Excellent Service? Not for this Canadian who will never go back to this dealer only to be told: "He will be right out."

I finally left the Service area after waiting a good 40 minutes without even a peep from anyone as to why I had been ignored!

If I had wanted service this bad, I would have stayed in Canada. We have our own bad service providers who cater to our needs.

I am very disappointed and am still having coach issues despite being told how good Guaranty RV was...still waiting down here in Eugene to find a good service provider for help with my issues.

Anyone out there listening?

p.s. I really don't mind waiting 40 minutes for the first walk through with any technician...what I am so mad about was the total indifference that was displayed about whose time is more valuable and about people jumping the queue despite me standing at the reception desk the full time in plain view of the receptionist and of James Talbert who didn't seem to care.
Chef Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 02:01 PM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I'm always amazed at how two people can have such diametrically opposed experiences at the same shop and with the same people. Maybe its an expectation gap...one expects perfection and one expects reality.

Chef Guy, I certainly hope you will find someone to provide the service you require.
Old 10-11-2010, 12:18 PM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
I have been driving from the Seattle area to Guaranty for service the past several years, have nothing but good to say about my experiences and there work, individual Cummins (Coach Care), Frieghtliner and Allison repair center are in the local area also. The nice thing for me is they are a Newmar, and Spartan Chassis (Cummins & Allison) authorized service center. One stop to get all the service done. If Engine or Transmission repairs are needed Guaranty will get it to the respective repair center.

Spike
FMCA F113720, NKK 18573
Spikester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 12:27 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elkhartjim View Post
I'm always amazed at how two people can have such diametrically opposed experiences at the same shop and with the same people. Maybe its an expectation gap...one expects perfection and one expects reality.

Chef Guy, I certainly hope you will find someone to provide the service you require.
So your saying 40 minutes waiting with an pre scheduled appointment is reality??
Stillwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 12:39 PM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
When I read the post it said that an appointment was made, but didn't mention time so hard to tell if the wait was 40 minutes after the appointment time. No correlation was made between the appointment time and the wait! So kind of hard to judge what the reality really was.
Easy to get that he wasn't happy, warranted or not, was a grey area to me.

Spike
FMCA F113720, NKK 18573
Spikester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 11:43 PM   #12

Hey Chef Guy, I got the same treatment a few years ago. Stood around the wait area waiting. You could probably hear the crickets in the halls. No one checked me out, no one came around after first contact. I left after 30 minutes. I wanted to make an appointment or get some work done soon.
Wayne MD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 03:49 PM   #13

I'm a little late in noticing this thread but just had to let you know about how "wonderful" Guaranty RV is.

They are an authorized dealer for my braking system. They used the wrong, higher priced, kit to install it, then wired in wrong. After months of problems I realized that the symtoms were not something I was doing wrong and researched the problem. After discussing my findings with them I went to another facility at their request to have my claim verified. After the facility called them and verified my assessment, Guaranty then gave me the cold shoulder even when I went straight to the top.

Next time in Oregon I got an unsatisfacory response at a face to face meeting. They settled all in the courthouse.

Just love these "wonderful" folks!
TurtleBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 04:09 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spikester View Post
When I read the post it said that an appointment was made, but didn't mention time so hard to tell if the wait was 40 minutes after the appointment time. No correlation was made between the appointment time and the wait! So kind of hard to judge what the reality really was.
Easy to get that he wasn't happy, warranted or not, was a grey area to me.

Spike
Spike,

I arrived 10 minutes prior to my appointment, then waited an additional 40 minutes for no-one to appear. Clear enough?

Guarantee and Premier RV service across the street (beside the old Country Coach place) are 2 places that I will never have anything good to say about again. Sorry, once burned (in this instance 2x), never forgotten.

Still mad as hell up here in Canada
Chef Guy is offline   Reply With Quote