Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-12-2015, 12:39 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainGeezer View Post
I guess (as usual on these forums) we do things differently. Our guests are always welcome and are just that ... guests. We do what we can to make them comfortable and pick up the mess after they leave. We value our friends and family and love to share what we have and we do with them.
x3 My wife invites anybody who wants to go with us or meet us at our destination is welcome. We have a lot of fun with our friends, ususally motorcycling, we have had friends ride with us and we hauled the bikes and others that have met us there and had a free place to stay.
Never had anything broke, they have always asked if they didn't know how to operate something.
Yes it's a little more to clean up in the end but we have made alot of memories taking trips with friends.
To each their own.

Funhaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-14-2015, 07:11 AM   #44

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
i should rephrase what I said earlier. Our kids are always welcome and I expect them to clean up after themselves as they know how things work in the rv. When we have guests such as my daughters, boyfriends, mother, we go out of our way to make them comfortable. I even went and bought new pillows and sheets and gave her and her son our master bedroom. For some unknown reason she stopped talking and spent the night in her suv. Even after pleading she simply would not stay in our brand new motorhome. Turns out she was upset with her son but made everyone else uncomfortable. To this day I wonder where she went when nature called as there were no restroom facilities. Serves her right. No good dead goes unpunished.

Old 10-21-2015, 06:25 PM   #45

I can put away the bedding , fold up the jacknive and deflate the air bed in about 5-10 minutes in my Endeavor while my friends are having a coffee at picnic table. No biggy !
And i only have company maybe once a year. I'm not taking another couple for a week or anything like that. For the odd night I gladly do the cleanup as I know HOW to do it and where everything goes. Whats with all the rule stuff ? They wouldn't be in your MH unless they were family or very good friends would they ? Lighten up people.
Old 10-21-2015, 07:19 PM   #46

I wish we had someone to travel with. I always worry about an emergency illness And not having any help. Yes, I am a worry wart. Maybe that's why we travel alone. lol
Old 10-21-2015, 07:41 PM   #47

Monaco Owners Club
Me Too, Kinda...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceNorman View Post
I may be a bit of prick for putting it so bluntly - but, damn training the typical guest simply takes more time than I'm willing to invest.
My wonderful 85 year-old mother-in-law adores the rig, traveling with us. She can turn off the bathroom fan and/or the water pump, or even (twice) start the generator in a resort at 2AM. I'll cope with the consequences.
Old 04-13-2016, 08:26 PM   #48

I love having guests. Don't mind cleaning g up a little of I get to spend time with those I care for
Old 04-14-2016, 09:48 AM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainGeezer View Post
I guess (as usual on these forums) we do things differently. Our guests are always welcome and are just that ... guests. We do what we can to make them comfortable and pick up the mess after they leave. We value our friends and family and love to share what we have and we do with them.
I guess it's the Southern Hospitality my mother instilled in me... but we like guests and treat them as such.. guests !!

Funhaus says: x3 We have a lot of fun with our friends, usually motorcycling, we have had friends ride with us and we hauled the bikes and others that have met us there and had a free place to stay. Never had anything broke, they have always asked if they didn't know how to operate something. Yes it's a little more to clean up in the end but we have made a lot of memories taking trips with friends.

We have about 3-4 trips a year where we get together with friends with HD's... we have an absolute blast.. it would be a shame to exclude some of our riding friends because they don't have an RV... and who wants them to deal with a hotel 5-10 miles away... that's no fun and definitely not in the spirit of friendship...

I really only have one rule... If the RV's moving and you're a guy... you BETTER be sitting when you pee.. cause I ain't cleaning up that !!

As for the morning clean up.. its been our experience when the GF starts folding or picking up.. our guest immediately pitch in, help and ask "what else can we do to help"...

Maybe we're lucky.. but we have GREAT friends who appreciate the fact we open up our RV and allow them to join us and other friends.. Heck, we've even had a couple who stayed with us buy an RV due to the experience they had staying with us.. I think that's pretty cool !!
oakcreekeric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 10:03 AM   #50

Carolina Campers
We have a friend who occasionally runs away from home with us. But then again, she also runs away from home and comes to visit in our S&B as well. She usually has to bring her grandson who she keeps as his mom is a single parent.

She knows that things get put up so we can use the living room as a living room and not a bedroom. And she helps out with food and gas.

But then she has been my best friend (with both of us not just me) for 15 plus years. When we moved over toward her several years back, she and her hubby let us stay with them for 3 weeks while we hunted for a house with all OUR cats, and she had a passel of her own. She is more my sister by choice than my own by birth.
southernlady is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 10:33 AM   #51

Your cats RV with you ? I'm impressed, I don't think mine could handle it. Lol.
Old 04-14-2016, 10:37 AM   #52

Thx for all the great tips.
Old 04-14-2016, 11:01 AM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by oakcreekeric View Post
I guess it's the Southern Hospitality my mother instilled in me... but we like guests and treat them as such.. guests !!

Funhaus says: x3 We have a lot of fun with our friends, usually motorcycling, we have had friends ride with us and we hauled the bikes and others that have met us there and had a free place to stay. Never had anything broke, they have always asked if they didn't know how to operate something. Yes it's a little more to clean up in the end but we have made a lot of memories taking trips with friends.

We have about 3-4 trips a year where we get together with friends with HD's... we have an absolute blast.. it would be a shame to exclude some of our riding friends because they don't have an RV... and who wants them to deal with a hotel 5-10 miles away... that's no fun and definitely not in the spirit of friendship...

I really only have one rule... If the RV's moving and you're a guy... you BETTER be sitting when you pee.. cause I ain't cleaning up that !!

As for the morning clean up.. its been our experience when the GF starts folding or picking up.. our guest immediately pitch in, help and ask "what else can we do to help"...

Maybe we're lucky.. but we have GREAT friends who appreciate the fact we open up our RV and allow them to join us and other friends.. Heck, we've even had a couple who stayed with us buy an RV due to the experience they had staying with us.. I think that's pretty cool !!
Awesome!!
We hauled a couple to Glacier and Sturgis last year for a week long trip, this was their first real vacation in a long time. When we returned they bought a toy hauler and we camped several more times together last fall, we already have a couple trips planned together this year.
Also have another couple that we ride Harleys with that kind of want to try it out and see if they enjoy it.
We really enjoy spending our vacations with our riding friends.
Old 04-14-2016, 02:59 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funhaus View Post
Awesome!!
We hauled a couple to Glacier and Sturgis last year for a week long trip, this was their first real vacation in a long time. When we returned they bought a toy hauler and we camped several more times together last fall, we already have a couple trips planned together this year.
Also have another couple that we ride Harleys with that kind of want to try it out and see if they enjoy it.
We really enjoy spending our vacations with our riding friends.
This just proves my philosophy...

There are no better people than "bikers" and "RV'ers"... and we are VERY lucky that we have the opportunity to blend two lifestyles, that go perfectly together...

Also.. We did Sturgis (75th) last year... Had an ABSOLUTE blast.. can't wait to do it again... 4 couples, 3 RV's !!
oakcreekeric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 07:12 AM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by oakcreekeric View Post
We did Sturgis (75th) last year... Had an ABSOLUTE blast.. can't wait to do it again... 4 couples, 3 RV's !!
This year we are going up the week before
(scheduling conflicts) we are staying at the Rushmore KOA again, 6 couples for sure, 5 RV's , 1 couple staying in the lodge, we have another couple that might travel with us to see of they like it.
This is only our second year taking the RV, we have ridden the trip for the previous 8 years and either tent camped or moteled it, so much nicer having the RV there.
Old 04-15-2016, 07:20 AM   #56

WOW!!! One of the reasons I don't take anyone other then family. My bus My rule and they don't have a problem with that. The Captain on the ship rule #1. there is a place for everything and everything has its place. SIMPLE!! The bus has only so much room and there is no room for stuff out of place to trip over. Captain out!