Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-15-2016, 06:45 AM   #57

Monaco Owners Club
I think many family members don't realize that there is no extra "bedroom" When our kids stay it's never a problem. I have extra storage below our tv/office area for their stuff and my kids deflate the airbed every day. I refuse to try to maneuver around that all day!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-15-2016, 06:55 AM   #58

Having overnight guests is extremely hard. Instead of folding one couch out, I suggested to my sister in law and her boyfriend that they simply sleep on the two seperate couches without folding them out. She said no, because she wanted to show that they were in love and in one bed together. They have not been invited back.
univmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 09:51 AM   #59

My first big trip I had myself, the 's, 4 of my kids, my parents and my older brother all stay in my coach. Was super crowded but we made it work. I didn't travel 800 miles 1 way to not see my family and have my parents and brother stay in a motel when we could make it work in the coach
iamblum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 07:34 PM   #60

For us, if we invite guests to camp with us it's because they r good friends, respect our stuff, and we all get along. A couple are always helping me out washing the Rv or helping with maintenance items, etc. hell one of them does all the dishes and cleans the kitchen spotless every time he camps with us. Ymmv
gtsum2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 07:53 PM   #61

We have one simple rule. Our Coach serves drinks for 6, dinner for 4 and sleeps only 2.....
Old 04-15-2016, 08:04 PM   #62

Send a message via AIM to Johnitis Send a message via MSN to Johnitis Send a message via Yahoo to Johnitis
I would explain that you prefer the space because you want them to be comfortable. Tell them to go out and enjoy the scenery for a bit, and simply deflate the mattress and put away the bedding yourself. I really think they probably said it was "no biggie" because they didn't want to impose on you, as friends are wont to do.

We've only had overnight guests twice: once because friends traveled to meet us, and once because friends who came to visit us because we were near them had car problems and we insisted they stay. I would never ask someone to stay over and expect them to work, but friends always end up doing something helpful, anyway.

John

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella222 View Post
Just wondering how you handle when you
have guests ? As far as, them putting away
their bedding, tech stuff and swim clothes?

I told them my husband mentioned deflating
The air mattress and putting away bedding.

They said it's no biggie! Just leave it out.

So when they left, I put it all up so we could
a living room to get around in.

Any tips ?
Johnitis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 08:38 PM   #63

Freightliner Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Ours sleeps 2 and 2 dogs. We don't love our grandchildren that much.

5 thirteen and under and 2 more on the way. I'll buy them a tent.
Cranemec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 05:49 PM   #64

What a deal !
Bella222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 05:50 PM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpspuck View Post
We have one simple rule. Our Coach serves drinks for 6, dinner for 4 and sleeps only 2.....
Cute !
Old 04-18-2016, 05:51 PM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtsum2 View Post
For us, if we invite guests to camp with us it's because they r good friends, respect our stuff, and we all get along. A couple are always helping me out washing the Rv or helping with maintenance items, etc. hell one of them does all the dishes and cleans the kitchen spotless every time he camps with us. Ymmv
Pretty good helpers !
Old 04-20-2016, 03:29 PM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funhaus View Post
This year we are going up the week before
(scheduling conflicts) we are staying at the Rushmore KOA again, 6 couples for sure, 5 RV's , 1 couple staying in the lodge, we have another couple that might travel with us to see of they like it.
This is only our second year taking the RV, we have ridden the trip for the previous 8 years and either tent camped or moteled it, so much nicer having the RV there.
Filed that Rushmore KOA lodge info in the brain. I am sure we will use that.

So far out first guest, rode his bike to us. Boys went riding, I helped out around the campground...all is good. We had already planned for weeks in NH before and after Laconia. This was a good trial run. I am sure our RV door will be revolving as much as our the house does..make your reservations now👍
AngusT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 10:03 AM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella222 View Post
Pretty good helpers !

Yes indeed! Lucky to have good folks that sometimes go with us or a group of guys that go with when heading to west va with atv's and sxs's
gtsum2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 03:38 PM   #69

Quote:
Same here.
WeBRVing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 03:49 PM   #70

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
I think I should make a needlepoint of that saying a prominently post it in the coach!