Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-11-2011, 04:59 PM   #225

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tranquility View Post
Need information when traveling from USA thru Canada and back into USA with a weapon.
THIS site should help you out, you can contact the point of entry customs office of your choice if you have any questions.

Chuck 1935 is correct...no handguns and ya better not try! I checked by phone and it is OK to carry handgun ammo (I suspect in low quanities, I was good to go with 20 rounds). I disassembled a 9mm(kept a few critical parts, in case of theft) and shipped into Alaska from the US(this is not illegal according to a gun dealer). I also had a 12 guage, with a few shells, that we carried with a cable lock installed. Pay your $25 CA($28 USD) and submit a 909 form and you're good to go. Be sure to have your shipping receipt for the handgun before entering the custom's office...we had all our ducks in a row except for that receipt and it cost us an extra half hour and four agents(they found the receipt) doing a very in depth search of the MH and toad. No damage, but they went through EVERYTHING. DW didn't take her handbag into the customs office and I guess that set off the warning signals as well. After they determinded we were not a threat to their country, attitudes changed with smiles all around.

The 909 form is good for 60 days...if you don't make it out of Canada in that time frame, it'll be another $25 bucks. We also had a big can of bear spray(with a pic of a bear on it), no problem. Bob

'05 Monaco Windsor 40 DST - ISL / '08 Wrangler
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-11-2011, 10:29 PM   #226

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tranquility View Post
Need information when traveling from USA thru Canada and back into USA with a weapon.
I do it with my 12 gauge shotgun twice a year. The cost to register at the Canadian border is $25.00. THe registration is good for 2 months. The paperwork and process takes about 15 minutes. Smooth no hassles for most long guns. No pistols or guns with evil features as they call them in California. My AR would never make it across the border but shotgun and most (Hunting) rifles are fine.
Old 10-12-2011, 06:05 AM   #227

Just glancing at the below site, you have a much better chance of hitting the lottery if it is a handgun.

Canadian Gun Laws
Old 10-12-2011, 09:23 AM   #228

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertRhino View Post
Just glancing at the below site, you have a much better chance of hitting the lottery if it is a handgun.

Canadian Gun Laws
Exactly. I f I want to take a handgun with me from AK to the lower 48 and back, I ship it from and FFL in AK to an FFl in the lower 48 where I cross the border. Typically $25 to $50 transfer fee at each FFL plus shipping.

Last few trips I just take the shotgun and pay the Canadian registration fee. I have enough handguns in both AK and OH so no need to pay the FFL guys anymore.
Old 10-12-2011, 05:47 PM   #229

Absolutely............!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-18-2011, 09:59 AM   #230

I admit that I skipped here from page #3, but I did give thanks to MANY along the way!!

Only found out about this thread After reading this one: http://www.irv2.com/forums/f1/irv2-c...cs-107652.html

Hope to be camped next to those of you that would be there for my wife and me

I PROMISE THAT I WILL do the same for ANY of you in a heartbeat!!
Old 12-18-2011, 10:07 AM   #231
Community Administrator

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Workhorse Chassis Owner
It appears that many old gun threads are being resurrected in the past few days and bumped in response to the afore mentioned rules shift. Folks you may not agree with this change but we ask that you respect the rules of the board, even if you don't agree with them.

Thread closed.

iRV2 Custom Search Tool
Closed Thread