Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-23-2013, 11:54 AM   #29

Newmar Owners Club
That is really unique Carl, I have never seen or heard of a built in safe in a RV. Very nice!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-23-2013, 11:58 AM   #30

I'm with Dan....

Old 03-23-2013, 12:52 PM   #31
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by CARLnJANIS View Post

Sorry for the picture being on its side. Don't know how to rotate it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1350169899.png
Views:	79
Size:	617.6 KB
ID:	35387

Here you go.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Old 03-23-2013, 01:03 PM   #32

Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Mines loaded with one in chamber--I carry both of mine in half-cocked position--this on 45"s 1911 style--Vince
Old 03-23-2013, 01:05 PM   #33

Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Sounds like you and I feel the same on this subject--Vince
Old 03-23-2013, 03:03 PM   #34

Country Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by poppy bill View Post
I agree with wayne on not having one in the chamber the sound of the slide going back and forth scares the crap out of most people. Bin There Dun That.
I think the sound of the safety coming off has a more positive influence.

Question: What do you call an unloaded gun?
Answer: A club
Old 03-23-2013, 03:36 PM   #35

I have a Ruger 380 Auto in the truck with a loaded magazine in place, but without one in the chamber. I have it in a zippered case. In the Class A, I have a Mossburg 500 pistol grip with 18 1/4" barrel. It is kept in the bedroom. I have the first shot coming out as #8 and then 4 #OO buckshot. The chamber is empty. [moderator edit]
Old 03-23-2013, 03:37 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by dons2346 View Post
I think the sound of the safety coming off has a more positive influence.

Question: What do you call an unloaded gun?
Answer: A club
Where is the safety on a glock,sig,xd,xdm,revolver? I believe fully loaded ready to go if needed and own what ever you want. Did you here of the woman who had a intruder called here husband he said shoot him she unloaded on him and he said don't shoot me anymore, needed a bigger gun. #1 malfunction is the first racking putting one in the camber why take the chance.
Old 03-23-2013, 03:38 PM   #37

Ford Super Duty Owner
I use to keep all my guns loaded with the safety on. One night a guy with a pistol pushed his way into my nephew's house and robbed him. He painted school buses for for a living and kept a couple of thousand dollars on hand to pay for supplies. As soon as the robber ran out the front door, My nephew ran to the closet and got his shotgun. He started chasing the guy and pulled the trigger a dozen times, but nothing happened. In the excitement he forgot where the safety was. The guy outran him and got away. He lost twenty three hundred dollars because he forgot where the safety was. I can see where it would be easy to forget under stress. Since that time I leave the safety off and the chamber empty. When I practice firing any of my weapons, I set them down, Grab them up, rack them and fire.
Old 03-23-2013, 04:05 PM   #38

Your nephew was lucky the safety was on. The bad guy was going away with stolen property. In almost every state, it is a crime to use deadly force (shotgun) to protect property. Deadly force is only legal to protect human life.

It ain't good, but it is the law. If the nephew had killed the robber while he was going away with the stolen property, he would face a murder charge. That's just the way it is. Anyone using firearms for any reason should read the laws.
Old 03-23-2013, 04:42 PM   #39

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by palehorse89 View Post
That is really unique Carl, I have never seen or heard of a built in safe in a RV. Very nice!
There isn't anyone who builds them. I had Sportsman Steel Safe Co. in Houston custom build it to my specs. Peterson Industries (EXCEL 5th-wheel) bolted the safe directly to the frame and pin box plate. The safe is 14" x14" x 60" and will hold 4 long guns and 4 handguns depending on how I pack them. I use a padded zippered gun case for traveling to prevent damage to the guns.

Thanks for fixin' the picture , Clifftall

Gun Safes, Vault Doors, Storm Shelters, Safe Rooms by Sportsman Steel Gun Safe Company
Old 03-23-2013, 04:47 PM   #40

Glock 27
Always ready, because its hell beating someone with it empty...
Old 03-23-2013, 06:19 PM   #41

It is nost important for anyone carrying firearms in RVs, or otherwise, to have accurate knowledge about the firearm law in the state where you are in. Ignorance of the state law you are in can land you in jail, at the least.

There are no generalizations about what you can and can't do about firearms in any state. If you don't know the law in the state you are in, you may in up un jail and worse.
Old 03-23-2013, 09:14 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by wil01 View Post
Your nephew was lucky the safety was on. The bad guy was going away with stolen property. In almost every state, it is a crime to use deadly force (shotgun) to protect property. Deadly force is only legal to protect human life.

It ain't good, but it is the law. If the nephew had killed the robber while he was going away with the stolen property, he would face a murder charge. That's just the way it is. Anyone using firearms for any reason should read the laws.
Not true in Texas. Deadly force is legal for protection of private property. That would include your RV.

Don